User Tag List

Page 57 of 687 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    For the record, I never said I think you're INFP. I think you're INFJ.

Lots of INFJs confuse themselves for INTPs. Ask SH.
    i did too.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    MP.

You need to honestly check yourself.

You have explicitly taken numerous pot-shots at me in the past week.
    This is true. I tried to be factual and honest in my last comment, not insulting, but it was criticism..

He has. You disagree because you don't like the outcome. You're attached to being a T.
    I'm convinced that I'm a T. I don't like it because I think what he's saying is bullshit. A lot of you seem to forget that I was the first person on this forum to make topic questioning my type. I've already offered the possibility that I'm an F. This is not a hard concept for me to handle, it was that I've simply concluded it to be wrong after thinking about it for a good long while.

Because it's rigorous... yours was long... He doesn't misuse your words at all...
    It was JUST long. As in, the length is one of the only things it can say for itself, and that doesn't amount to much.

Did you really even read his damn post? If you did, I'm guessing you were too aggravated or upset to pay enough attention to what he said.
    Pointless rhetorical question, maybe just for annoying me or amusing yourself.

For the record, I never said I think you're INFP. I think you're INFJ.

Lots of INFJs confuse themselves for INTPs. Ask SH.
    And I still disagree. I'm sure lots of INFJs do confuse themslevs for INTPs. I've seen all kinds of mix ups. It doesn't make me one.

EDIT: and he definitely did misuse my words. I've already well explained that. He made a case of "true" vs "right" where it didn't mean anything, and obviously didn't know what I meant by an intimate instinct, and so on.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Senior Member Array ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Discussion on Te v. Ti moved here.

Fuck, where's Zergling when you need him?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    This is true. I tried to be factual and honest in my last comment, not insulting, but it was criticism..

I'm convinced that I'm a T. I don't like it because I think what he's saying is bullshit. A lot of you seem to forget that I was the first person on this forum to make topic questioning my type. I've already offered the possibility that I'm an F. This is not a hard concept for me to handle, it was that I've simply concluded it to be wrong after thinking about it for a good long while.
    You know what's funny? If you're an F, and you prefer Feeling functions, then all that time you spent 'thinking about it' would likely have been time you spent FEELING about it, and continuing your attachment to being a T.

It was JUST long. As in, the length is one of the only things it can say for itself, and that doesn't amount to much.
    No... it really wasn't JUST long. You're the only one who seems to think so, which rises suspicion: maybe you're not really analyzing it.

Pointless rhetorical question, maybe just for annoying me or amusing yourself.
    No, it wasn't a rhetorical question. Skimming.... technically counts, but it doesn't really mean anything in the long run. Either you didn't read it, or you read it and colored it with an F lens.

What he said was spot on.

And I still disagree. I'm sure lots of INFJs do confuse themslevs for INTPs. I've seen all kinds of mix ups. It doesn't make me one.
    True, but that's not what I said.

My point there was, that it's happened before.

I think it's happened again.
    we fukin won boys

Glowy Goopy Goodness Array The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Didn't we already decide a while ago that Ne was a grenade and Ni was a sniper rifle?
    Same type of thing. Introverted function vs. extraverted function. Focused vs. universal.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Same type of thing. Introverted function vs. extraverted function. Focused vs. universal.
    I would say Fi is tripwire, but that would offend some of them...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

You know what's funny? If you're an F, and you prefer Feeling functions, then all that time you spent 'thinking about it' would likely have been time you spent FEELING about it, and continuing your attachment to being a T.
    Now this is an informal fallacy. You have just made it impossible for me to be right in your world of reasoning. If I ever disagree about being a Feeler, you can just say it's my silly Feelings getting in the way. It's inescapable! I will always be invalidated, because of something you claim about me, which I can't deny because you'll use that claim to invalidate me.

This is basically the No True Scotsman fallacy, which you might have heard mentioned around here lately. It's because both you and BlueWing seem to love it.

Edit: There might actually be some well-poisoning going on here, too. It's a common one-two punch.

No, it wasn't a rhetorical question. Skimming.... technically counts, but it doesn't really mean anything in the long run. Either you didn't read it, or you read it and colored it with an F lens.
    No, I did more than skim it. Again, you pose the only alternative is that I'm not understanding because I must be an F. The same fallacy as before.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I would say Fi is tripwire, but that would offend some of them...
    Does that make Fe a minefield? I kind of like that.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    Does that make Fe a minefield? I kind of like that.
    Fe is the clap.
    I don't wanna!

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, here's what's interesting.

You and I have disagreed in several threads on several different topics recently, yet it has been *you* not I, who has taken to personally criticizing me, i.e. engaging in/committing an ad hominum abusive, rather than critiquing a perceived faulty point of view.

To be honest, both T's and F's do this, but I have been personally attacked mostly by INFJs (namely Kiddo and Peguy), and a few INTPs.

When engaging in any form of heated discussion or debate with you, I can't help but notice your positions to be firmly grounded in/on your feelings.

And by "feelings", I mean that you seem to be incredibly defensive and take neutral or relatively benign opinions/statements, personally.

I am guilty of this too, but then again, I am an NF!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles