Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IxE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    As for the ENFJ bit, JScrothers analysis is correct. ENFJ's are inheriently rather authoratative by default. I have yet to meet one who doesn't have that streak. It's just not "classic" authority as people think of it. We want social order.
    [...]
    As for why I seem to always agree with the mods on the forum, it's largely because I am a former mod on another forum. I know this shit. I've been through a lot of shit. Because of my intolerance for rebels without a clue (which is because of my type), I get uppity over it. I rarely if ever see a former mod side with dissents, unless the dissent is valid. Even so, I don't always 100% agree with mods. I do disagree somewhat frequently, I just seldom voice it, because it won't be useful or helpful towards anything. The only time I voice that sort of dissent is if I think it will actually be helpful and useful.
    Similar. I end up feeling that that perspective is often woefully misunderstood or that the picture that's out there is incomplete, and that having been a mod I have a knowledge of that perspective.

More generally, I have a thing for defending or amplifying voices that aren't being heard; whether it's because someone's just quiet by nature, because they're being brushed off, or because they're being drowned. Kind of like a 'look, shut the hell up for a second; there might be a point here' sort of thing. I could see that as wanting to establish some sort of 'social order.' The term sounds dirty and loaded with negative connotations () but I can roll with it.

I usually don't bother to voice my perspective if it's already been (or being) expressed by other people a million times. There's no value in doing so other than establishing solidarity; and well-represented groups don't really need that. One more chip added to the pile of a million is just a roundoff error. Not that I see expressing myself in those situations as a futile effort -- quite the opposite; I pretty much have been expressed, and also other people did the dirty work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I found the ENFJ part.
    [...]
    If 3 influence adds a polished, "perfect" flavor to the behaviors linked to your core motivations,
    Okay, you need to stop figuring me out.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Part of what I'm getting at is "correlation is not causation" vs "anecdotes aren't conclusive".

Ni/Se types tend to need narratives, stories, anecdotes. Even the TJs: knowing the workflow of something is more important than having a bunch of statistics about it. Ni/Se types aren't as apt to be convinced by statistics, because raw data doesn't necessarily show the underlying phenomenon.

Ne/Si types tend to require far-reaching data looking for correlations. When there are a lot of data points, it's really convincing, even if the statistical methods are kind of questionable.

Not that this is conclusive either way, but I wanted you to have your honest answer before I explained what I was getting at. Does a "story" or a "workflow" or a "dynamic" explain things better to you, or does lots of statistical data explain things better to you?

An example of what I'm getting at could be the economic talking heads back in 2005, a few years before the housing bubble burst. Some completely trusted the data, and the data said that all the market indications were "good": all the numbers that needed to be up were up, and the fundamentals were good. Others, however, saw the bubble easily. It's easy to see market bubbles as stories: people have easy credit, people with easy credit are buying houses, and even more people with easy credit are buying houses from those people, and so on. It's obvious that it's all going to come crashing down, but you can't quite predict when, but just that it will. You can see the bubble coming in spite of the market indicators disagreeing with you.

(Of course, that puts the story/narrative perspective in a good light, but it's fairly easy to see how lots of data is good and that most anecdotes/narratives are rather naive, so I chose the former to illustrate.)

Statistics make my head blow up. The one kind of math I have trouble making sense of....

Totally relate to the supposed Ni/Se preference here, but I honestly think it IS both forms of iNtuition.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Statistics make my head blow up. The one kind of math I have trouble making sense of....

Totally relate to the supposed Ni/Se preference here, but I honestly think it IS both forms of iNtuition.
    Too much T talk makes my head blow up sometimes, especially if it's dry and technical. I'm a human being, make it relevant to humans. When I explain something in class, I try to make it as simplistic and relevant for everyone to understand, so I don't have to go back and explain it again and because everyone deserves to know my point no matter their ability.

Yes, you obviously need logic to understand things and group/dissect them up etc, but I think the majority of people nod off and get confused when you use too mamy dry/technical terms when you speak, even if the subjct requires them. It's just a little something I've picked up over the years and tried to encorporate into my life.

MBTI
    STUF

I think that Captain Invincible is actually an ENFP, as he offers people cookies in his signature and then tricks them into doing work for him.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I think this guy is entp
    Likes Gish liked this post

ENTP? I have strategy and class...

VINCE: BEHIND THE MASK [PART I]
    Likes Osprey liked this post

or a really immature istp

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Thank you

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1fx sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I highly doubt that Sinclair person is an ISTJ, but who knows if they're being serious or not.

Also I don't think the op's type if TIGR.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    I highly doubt that Sinclair person is an ISTJ, but who knows if they're being serious or not.

Also I don't think the op's type if TIGR.
    Don't doubt us ISTJs. Soon we will take over the forum.
    Likes Hawthorne, strychnine liked this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)