Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    To me you seem more warm and tentative.
    I'm going to try not to take "tentative" as an insult.

I've noticed this about @uumlau, but with you and other members I always thought it was for other reasons, like wanting to help people find the correct path to follow, foster someone's self-understanding, etc.
    Well yeah. But my point wasn't necessarily about deep-seated reasons, as much as methodology. A style of posting that is intended to make ourselves look as perfect as possible. For me and for Hard, it's more about making sure everything's running the way it should be -- not to mention the "looking perfect" thing for 13x tritypes tends to put a heavier emphasis on "perfect" than "looking", if that makes sense. I suspect that for uumlau and for PB, it's more about creating and maintaining harmony. Watching over the forum with a benevolent and peaceful eye.

Mhm, but you don't think Disco does this? Although I guess he's more open about fighting against setbacks and overcoming obstacles than navigating around them. His second reply got me more used to the idea of him being an 8.
    IMO he's been more vulnerable (and MUCH less controlled) on this forum than anyone I've listed, purely in terms of expressing his emotions. Hell, there are some blog posts I've made where I read them after the fact, and they seem so straightforward and emotionless that it amazed me that I was literally crying while I wrote them.

I see his forum presence as less about looking perfect and more about being strong. And in arguments, about being dominant. Not appearing dominant, but actually dominating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I noticed both you and @Hard have a habit of...idk how else to put it so I'm just gonna say sucking up to authority. I mean this in a 100% non-offensive way though. But do you think this could be something about being kindred ENFJ spirits? Or it could be sp influence trying to secure a safe place among the people who hold more power?

According to a rep, which yes I received permission to post:

I agree, both of them have a strong bent towards respecting/reinforcing authority/structure and their place in it.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Evee liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm not a trained professional, so it would be ridiculous for me to think that I could judge these things better than they would. Even if I looked under the surface, who's to say that I would be able to judge that information with any degree of accuracy, relative to someone who has spent their entire life learning how to do it?

Again, SJ card. This is the way Si works.
    Length of time learning X =/= understanding of X. An STJ doctor of 30 years can be a complete idiot making the same mistakes over, and over, and over. Why? It's always been done that way.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.
    Likes strychnine liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

According to a rep, which yes I received permission to post:

I agree, both of them have a strong bent towards respecting/reinforcing authority/structure and their place in it.
    I know the answer to your question, but I don't know if I'm allowed to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    I highly doubt any human entity has the same thought process as I do, or would want to have it, lol.

I was watching Southpaw, and I am pretty sure Billy Hope and his wife are different ends of the Ni-Se spectrum. Billy is the Se end, and Maureen is the Ni end.
    @EJCC
    Why such an urgent need to have me respond? Lol.

1) I've never seen Southpaw, so I have no idea.

2) The thought-process-uniqueness comment, while true, runs counter to what we're trying to do here, which is type you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Length of time learning X =/= understanding of X. An STJ doctor of 30 years can be a complete idiot making the same mistakes over, and over, and over. Why? It's always been done that way.
    And most of the time there's no way that I, as a non-doctor, would be able to know that. Unless it was something insanely stupid that a layman would know.

Can we not have this discussion? Lol. It's going to go nowhere.

I don't like just sitting here reading so I am just saying I am here. Keep up the good work people.
    Likes N/A, EJCC, Chanaynay, Ghost liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I'm going to try not to take "tentative" as an insult.
    Coming from an ENFP, it's a compliment! You just seem willing to go with the flow and open about your messier qualities, but I dunno.

Well yeah. But my point wasn't necessarily about deep-seated reasons, as much as methodology. A style of posting that is intended to make ourselves look as perfect as possible. For me and for Hard, it's more about making sure everything's running the way it should be -- not to mention the "looking perfect" thing for 13x tritypes tends to put a heavier emphasis on "perfect" than "looking", if that makes sense. I suspect that for uumlau and for PB, it's more about creating and maintaining harmony. Watching over the forum with a benevolent and peaceful eye.
    Oooh okay this makes sense. Now I wonder how the other 2 heart types create a pattern of behavior in people. I have some ideas for 2.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes EJCC liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp

I noticed both you and @Hard have a habit of...idk how else to put it so I'm just gonna say sucking up to authority. I mean this in a 100% non-offensive way though. But do you think this could be something about being kindred ENFJ spirits? Or it could be sp influence trying to secure a safe place among the people who hold more power?

From my perspective, it's just me interacting with them as I would anyone else, rather than just being completely formal to and compliant with them because they're mods. People is people. I'm not exactly afraid of being banned or targeted, and so I don't have any need for the shelter I'd get for "sucking up" anyway.

But in the godawful member-on-member-on-mod-on-member Feedback threads, I do seem to agree with mods more than other members do. I think @Hard does, too. I know that could also come across as sucking up. Maybe it's that I come from an (I don't know how to put this either, at all) authoritative (though I'm not authority) perspective, and so often what I say happens to align with each other and with the mods.

And, hey, I've been a forum mod before. I just know how it goes. Maybe that contributes to my perspective. And I do think that, sometimes, if whatever opinions we happen to share only come from mods' mouths, they'd be dismissed as.. ... well, coming from a mod's mouth.
    Last edited by Bush Did 9/11; 09-18-2015 at 10:44 AM. Reason: I keep adding stuff
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Coming from an ENFP, it's a compliment! You just seem willing to go with the flow and open about your messier qualities, but I dunno.
    Okay, that sounds better. Thank you for clarifying!

Oooh okay this makes sense. Now I wonder how the other 2 heart types create a pattern of behavior in people. I have some ideas for 2.
    I'd be interested to know this too!

And most of the time there's no way that I, as a non-doctor, would be able to know that. Unless it was something insanely stupid that a layman would know.

Can we not have this discussion? Lol. It's going to go nowhere.
    You don't have to be an M.D. to know something an M.D. does not. And this discussion illustrates an important point: SJ= authority-centered. NT= Knowledge-centered. (And, yes, I purposely capitalized the "K" and not the "a.")

NT card played.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.
    Likes uumlau, strychnine liked this post

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I'm not a trained professional, so it would be ridiculous for me to think that I could judge these things better than they would. Even if I looked under the surface, who's to say that I would be able to judge that information with any degree of accuracy, relative to someone who has spent their entire life learning how to do it?

Again, SJ card. This is the way Si works.
    My immediate response was kind of telling, in terms of the difference to EJCC's stated SJ approach:

I note that as long as the practice looks reasonably consistent with what makes sense to me, then I'm willing to go with "They've got experience/training I don't have -> trust their expertise." And don't demand I understand all the details.

The more that the behavior/practice seems counter-intuitive and doesn't seem to make sense to me, the more I challenge it until I either finally understand their approach to be correct or I jettison it as unfounded.

I'm usually asking for "pattern" confirmation versus lots of unconnected data points; does their expertise conform to what seems to be a reasonable data pattern or is it inconsistent? If that latter, then examine more close / learn the principles on which their expertise is based to see if I can find a match.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes EJCC, Ghost liked this post