User Tag List

First 56456506546554555556557558566606656 Last

Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 7026

  1. #5551
    Senior Member Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    6,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    What's the point in being here then? What's the point in Personality Theory and Typing?

    As I said, I get what you are saying- but it doesn't change what actually goes on here. Yes, finding any sort of tangent will eventually lead to these tangents converging and a more probable outcome emerging- but you have to find a way, a balance, to get people to care enough to search- reward has to be greater than risk, and it has to seem worth their time to try.

    I don't know what else there is to tell you, it is what it is. You can try to force change, but people will force back and all you will get is a fight.

    It's not your fault, it's not their fault but eventually it will seem colored as one for the other.

  2. #5552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    As I said, I get what you are saying- but it doesn't change what actually goes on here. Yes, finding any sort of tangent will eventually lead to these tangents converging and a more probable outcome emerging- but you have to find a way, a balance, to get people to care enough to search- reward has to be greater than risk, and it has to seem worth their time to try.

    I don't know what else there is to tell you, it is what it is. You can try to force change, but people will force back and all you will get is a fight.

  3. #5553
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    41,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    What's the point in being here then? What's the point in Personality Theory and Typing?
    I guess it's good just to collect data about how other people might perceive you. To make sure you see what you're putting out there.

    But it's one reason why I rarely "type" people or celebrities... or at least I refuse to get into debates about it. It's a pointless discussion and for no real purpose, from my actual forming experiences. If someone asks me, and I actually know them (so I feel like I have some grasp of them), I'll tell them what I think but otherwise arguments about someone's type seem rather pointless to me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes N/A, Captain_Invincible liked this post

  4. #5554
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    Yes, you do have proof. It's called evidence. How the hell do you think serial killers and rapists get locked up?:
    "Hm.. I'm getting a rapey vibe off you..."

    Of course not!

    They have proof that links them back to the crime scene, and to other various murders (if any).

    If you say shit like "
    I could write a page detailing why I think you are a member of the illuminati- but by nature of it, I myself cannot prove it.", you're just being lazy. You do have proof that points towards functions, you just don't wanna find it.
    Typology is necessarily just categorizing characteristics, in this case characteristics of personality. Not all possible characteristics, but some very particular ones that are closely tied to how one generally thinks and reacts. In the case of MBTI, the characteristics specified are sorta-kinda like a skeleton of the personality. A real person is much more fleshed out, and can often seem to be an atypical member of their type.

    My usual method of typing people is to explain the key characteristics of the typology to the person wanting to be typed, and they figure out for themselves where they fit in that. I don't use "evidence" to "deduce" or "prove" type. That's silly. You know far more about yourself than I ever will. I'd rather hand you the tools to make the judgment yourself than to judge you based on a few dozen posts.

    I tried being an ENTP, didn't go very well. We don't really think alike.
    In spite of what I wrote above, I do tend to make provisional assessments of type. Some people are just clearly one type or another, and their later self-analysis confirms that. Other people aren't so clearly one type or another, usually because they hide parts of themselves very well, and lots of different types do that so that cannot be used as evidence one way or another.

    In your case, my first wild guess would be ENTP, from the way you argue about things. You are cautious about making assertions, but hold a strong belief in facts and logic: that's usually Ti. You very much enjoy banter here on the forum, and that tends to go with Ne or Se, but more likely Ne in your case. You seem assertive and outgoing in spite of your caution about making assertions, so that indicates extroversion. Put those observations together and that's ENTP. It's still just a wild guess. 108 posts (as of this writing) isn't enough to make a judgment on my part clear cut. I usually need to know someone much better than that to feel confident in my assessment. But if I met you in person, and had a few exchanges with you like the ones you've had on this forum, I'd use ENTP as a starting point, and work from there for corrections.

    An alternative I considered was ENTJ, but your patterns of speech aren't assertive in the way that TJ speech is. You tend to talk around the main topic, never quite addressing it directly, but never quite abandoning it.

    My typology tends to align with Dario Nardi's assessments as per EEG readings in his book The Neuroscience of Personality:



    Take a close look at the Ne and Ti descriptions. Yeah, they're still kind of vague. These are skeletons of personality, not descriptions of people.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes N/A, Ghost liked this post

  5. #5555
    The Senate Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess it's good just to collect data about how other people might perceive you. To make sure you see what you're putting out there.

    But it's one reason why I rarely "type" people or celebrities... or at least I refuse to get into debates about it. It's a pointless discussion and for no real purpose, from my actual forming experiences. If someone asks me, and I actually know them (so I feel like I have some grasp of them), I'll tell them what I think but otherwise arguments about someone's type seem rather pointless to me.
    I think we do have a typology forum, so I don't see why it makes sense to discourage discussions about typology.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

  6. #5556
    Aping the classics Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I think we do have a typology forum, so I don't see why it makes sense to discourage discussions about typology.
    Is that what this forum is about?

    I thought I could increase my WPM.

    Fuck, 2 years down the drain.

    Charlatans.

  7. #5557
    The Senate Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Is that what this forum is about?

    I thought I could increase my WPM.

    Fuck, 2 years down the drain.

    Charlatans.
    I'll bet you're one of those jerks who wants to make bullshit posts about typology on Typology Central. Jerk.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
    Likes N/A liked this post

  8. #5558
    Aping the classics Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I'll bet you're one of those jerks who wants to make bullshit posts about typology on Typology Central. Jerk.
    Hey guuuys, this is important. I need to find my animal spirit. jeez

  9. #5559
    The Senate Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Hey guuuys, this is important. I need to find my animal spirit. jeez
    My animal spirit is a cat coyote fox whale emu cassowary flying fox australian collared lizard scorpion hobo spider.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

  10. #5560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    To make sure you see what you're putting out there.
    Ivy said something to me about 6 years ago that I found valuable. All it takes is one person. (It had nothing to do with type.)
    Likes Osprey liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6786
    Last Post: 05-26-2017, 09:23 AM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts