• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
....Actually, if you meet him in person, that probably would give more context to his behavior here.
(He's just messing with your head.)

That's of little relevance to me. Regardless of his cause, I find the resulting conduct aggravating, and I presume that I and most other people here never will meet him in person, so there's no way we can understand better, even if would supposedly be enlightening.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Cry somewhere else Porifieran.
The mods are the ones who issue out the relevant infractions.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
FDG = ESTP

I actually used to think for a while that I was ESTP. For a while again, I became undecided, then switched in a definite way towards ENTJ. (you may argue I'm a MBTI ESTP and I may even agree, although I am certain of being ENTj in socionics).

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Magic Poriferan: INFP

Not an illogical fellow, but for lack of better commonly understood terminology: Ruled by Fi.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At this point, I'm really curious as to what a person ruled by Ti looks like.

(I can wager that the following elaboration has a high chance of igniting an exchange of semantics that will alter no one's original position.)

Usehername

On a mission
I actually used to think for a while that I was ESTP. For a while again, I became undecided, then switched in a definite way towards ENTJ. (you may argue I'm a MBTI ESTP and I may even agree, although I am certain of being ENTj in socionics).

:huh:

You know this is a MBTI board, right? And a lot of us don't even have much faith in socionics?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
At this point, I'm really curious as to what a person ruled by Ti looks like.
Ti people smoke pipes.

Look up Greg Solomon. Also look up Einstein. Proof.

(I can wager that the following elaboration has a high chance of igniting an exchange of semantics that will alter no one's original position.)

Given the types of the people involved, I'd expect nothing else.

Usehername

On a mission

Yes, a lot of "us" are wrong.

Whatever dude, you're the guy using misleading symbols on an MBTI site! :devil: :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Edahn: ISTJ (Judge Dredd)

Just for the hell of it, I'm going to say "no."

Society functions best when people feel protected and life is predictable. We elect officials to design rules with these ends in mind because each individual can't be trusted to make the correct decision to further these ends. Even though you think you can make a better decision in dire circumstances -- better in the sense that it promotes safety or predictability -- allowing you to make that decision would permit others to violate the law in circumstances they consider "dire." Not only can't we trust people to make good decisions, there is no clear definition of what "dire" means. To adopt a position that individuals should be allowed to violate the law in "dire" circumstances would, in the long run, result in less predictability and less safety, even though the intent to to maximize these factors. Therefore, the position is inconsistent and flawed.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's of little relevance to me. Regardless of his cause, I find the resulting conduct aggravating, and I presume that I and most other people here never will meet him in person, so there's no way we can understand better, even if would supposedly be enlightening.

Hmm.
Fi says, "I personally don't like it" as the final judgment.
Ti stands outside and at worst says the behavior isn't effective, or isn't rational, or is inconsistent.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
It is his business.
The business of giving him the business.
He deserves the business.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha. Well this thread made me laugh and smile, so it was worth the read....

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm.
Fi says, "I personally don't like it" as the final judgment.
Ti stands outside and at worst says the behavior isn't effective, or isn't rational, or is inconsistent.

I've already done that plenty of times. It seems everyone overlooks all of my points regarding the rationale of proper social interaction.

This also opens up the problem of quantification again. So one thing represents Ti, and another represents Fi, but what amount of these thing must be presented to qualify someone as a Feeler or a Thinker?

For instance, if a Thinker only used Ti as you describe, then no Thinker would ever have a concept of "flaming" or "trolling" as a violation. The more interesting thing is that they could conclude that something is unsound, but the conclusion would be of no relevence since they would be incapable of having an opinion that conclusion.

Now, since people obviously don't work this way, where is the line drawn? I certainly do what is attributed Ti, constantly. The case for me being a Feeler has never so much been the absence of Ti processes, but the highlighting of the presence of what are allegedly Fi processes in my behavior. So what do we make of this?

Do I use more Fi than Ti? I would argue that this assertion is simply not true. Is my over-all point guided by Fi or Ti? I do not know, because that's harder to locate. I would argue, however, that every human being is guided by Feeling. Thinking does not provide motivation, by definition. So this would really be an useful measure for distinguishing people. Then things are further complicated by context. For example, there are some topics in which nearly everyone comes across like a Feeler, because the focus of the topic itself does not demand much Thinking. So anyone that bothers to post in it is likely to express Feelings, like a farewell thread. So what does one make of all of these things when determining type?

And what of the dichotomies? Is it possible that I apply more Thinking and Feeling than most people? I have to say that most attempts to prove that I am a Feeler have actually done more to make me doubt the validity of the entire MBTI.