User Tag List

First 40440490530538539540541542550590640 Last

Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 7100

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

@Coriolis @Sinclair posted in the 'is the person above you typed correctly' thread the other day that he thought you are actually ESTJ, and whether he was joking or not I must say that it kind of blew my mind and I think he might be on to something.

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I'm not gonna @ him here because he won't listen to my opinions anyway but I think DiscoBiscuit is ESTJ 3w2
    SJs have an internal sense of how to fit in. It's different to Fe. Si is quite observant. Si knows what the norms are and the appropriate behaviour and conversations to most scenarios. With that they fit in. It doesn't mean they believe the norm is right, they just know that the norm will work therefore would try to fit into the norm. And fitting in comes easily for them. It's the use of Si.

This is where ENTJs are different. ENTJs don't have strong Si. They just don't know what the norm is. Not observant enough (weak Si) to fit in either. They tend to offend people way more due to this and their interactions are mostly hit or miss. Disco is an ENTJ in that regard I think.

I think the SJ vibe people get from him is because he is a e3. That I think he is. I am willing to bet a lot that he is an E3.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Speaking as an ESTJ, I don't think he is one. Though I would be interested in hearing pro-SJ arguments that aren't just "he's traditional and therefore an SJ". Kind of sick of that argument tbh.
    I know a few ESTJs. None of them are traditional and they question religions (their own) and cultural pride quite often. However they are law abiding. I think that's what gives them a traditional vibe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

@Ene

I'm not saying you're not a 9w8... but I AM saying that you are literally the only 9w8 on the forum whose 8 wing is invisible to me. I can see it simmering in @wolfy and @Starcrash, for example. But absolutely nothing from you. You vibe more like @uumlau and @gromit who IIRC are both 9w1.

What made you self-type as 9w8?
    I'd say I'm more 9w8 than 9w1. I tend to score high on both wings, at least personality-wise. It's kind of weird as a 9, because both wings are in the gut triad, and are different ways of expressing anger. The 1 anger is a projected anger, where it's someone else's fault that you're angry. The default 9 mode is of course to suppress anger, and simply not feel anger at all. The type 8 instead embodies anger: "*I* am angry" as opposed to "You made me angry."

As such, those rare times I do get angry, it's almost entirely unfocused. Yes, there is often a proximate cause, but the emotions aren't aimed at that cause. It's very "Hulk" like, a rage out of nowhere ... and then it's spent and done.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes N/A liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Speaking as an ESTJ, I don't think he is one. Though I would be interested in hearing pro-SJ arguments that aren't just "he's traditional and therefore an SJ". Kind of sick of that argument tbh.
    Well traditional can be relative to the size of the tradition in context. So you could have individual traditions based on family background, or cultural traditions which are much more general and wide-reaching. Then things like political traditions based on adherence to common political leanings, which could also tie back into family ones.

But those are just really general examples of tradition, although the more individual you get the more it just becomes routine and not tradition, which I think is something shared by more than one person. SJ's don't have to be traditional the same way do they?
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    Well traditional can be relative to the size of the tradition in context. So you could have individual traditions based on family background, or cultural traditions which are much more general and wide-reaching. Then things like political traditions based on adherence to common political leanings, which could also tie back into family ones.
    ^ I agree, and in this case, I would agree that SJs tend to be "traditional". "Traditional" based on their highly individualized past experience -- what they grew up with, what they think they SHOULD have grown up with, what have you. But that's not usually what people think of, when they think of "traditional". Hence all the SJ descriptions that lean in the DiscoBiscuit direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I'd say I'm more 9w8 than 9w1. I tend to score high on both wings, at least personality-wise. It's kind of weird as a 9, because both wings are in the gut triad, and are different ways of expressing anger. The 1 anger is a projected anger, where it's someone else's fault that you're angry. The default 9 mode is of course to suppress anger, and simply not feel anger at all. The type 8 instead embodies anger: "*I* am angry" as opposed to "You made me angry."

As such, those rare times I do get angry, it's almost entirely unfocused. Yes, there is often a proximate cause, but the emotions aren't aimed at that cause. It's very "Hulk" like, a rage out of nowhere ... and then it's spent and done.
    That makes sense. And in that case, I still don't see that in @Ene. Maybe she's just really, really, REALLY good at hiding that "Hulk"-like rage.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

^ I agree, and in this case, I would agree that SJs tend to be "traditional". "Traditional" based on their highly individualized past experience -- what they grew up with, what they think they SHOULD have grown up with, what have you. But that's not usually what people think of, when they think of "traditional". Hence all the SJ descriptions that lean in the DiscoBiscuit direction.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I dunno about @DiscoBiscuit, I don't think it would matter too much either way as he seems confident and set in his convictions which is not always bad thing and not always a good thing.

But then we all have those elements.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

- A.A. Milne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

@Cellmold is not ESFJ, lol.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    What type are you thinking?

(TBH I've never had any idea. DEFINITELY a 6 though.)
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

What type are you thinking?

(TBH I've never had any idea. DEFINITELY a 6 though.)
    NFJ.. duuhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Bah.

- A.A. Milne.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink: