Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I've just got to wonder, though...

Why is BlueWing picking to bicker over Poriferan over everyone else? Is he just that special?

Obviously, this question is on my mind, too. You know how much time he must have taken?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Obviously, this question is on my mind, too. You know how much time he must have taken?
    He hates F and he thinks you have too much F, so therefore he doesn't want you in his INTP gang.

...Or maybe he's just got nothing better to do and this is what he does when he's bored out of his mind.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    ...Or maybe he's just got nothing better to do and this is what he does when he's bored out of his mind.
    That makes me feel pretty unlucky. Of all the directions his boredom could take him, he winds up trying to pick me apart with pages upon pages of material.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    He hates F and he thinks you have too much F, so therefore he doesn't want you in his INTP gang.

Real Men of Genius: BLUE WING {cue Cheesy Beer commercial music/voice over}

{singing} " REEAAAALL MEN OF GENIUUUUUUUUUU-UUUUSSSS ..... Mr Way Too Long of Posts-forum know it all" {/singing}

We salute you, mr "way too long of posts-forum know it all".
    Without you, who else would be buying replacement keyboards....in bulk.
    While most people come for the Myers Brigg, and stay for the emoticons,
    You've got the REAL guts, the guts to take the bandwidth you DESERVE!
    Some call it the egghead disease, others: diarrheas of the keyboard, and still yet others name it having way too much ****ing free time.
    But not you! No! You carry on the masochistic sense of research and over thinking to make Rube Goldberg and Michael Moore's illegitimate childlike ball of neurotiscism proud!

{cue background singing: "paralysis by analysis!"}

So crack open an Ice cold Bud light Oh master of the carpal tunnel, the aspiring content editors of the room thank you for inspiring the slash and burn!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MP: your "title" as an INTP?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I've given this a lot of thought over the last week or so and taken everyone's comments into account and here's what I've discovered. I am every type and every type is me. Moving forward.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I've given this a lot of thought and here's what I've discovered. I am every type and every type is me. Moving forward.
    Every person possesses all functions to varying degrees of preference. So we all contain facets of every type. The way we choose or are made to prefer to behave gives us a type, but with maturity and experience we can access all the others. That's how we grow

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Re: BlueWing's typing of MP

I can totally see why one wouldn't want to be branded an F by BlueWing since he has a whole set of lore about Fs that isn't very flattering. Still, I've long thought MP seemed more INFPish (not an insult) than INTPish. Never bothered to build a case for it since *ahem* it doesn't matter, but after subtracting the anti-F bias from BlueWing's posts he makes a pretty solid one, IMO.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Thank you Ivy.

The problem in this thread is that so few people truly understand typology well enough to tell the difference between Ti and F.

Magic Poriferan does frequently, admit it or not, make value judgements. Regardless of visible emotions (which he dismissed as non-F or... inconclusively mistaken as F... whatever bullshit he was trying to throw down) there's still plenty of evidence -- more than just what BlueWing posted quotes of -- showing that he's more F than T.

Feeling judgement can be displayed in a number of ways. Sometimes by raw emotive action, or sometimes by professing values just like Thinking can be demonstrated by mean behavior, or can be identified by their thorough diagram of a concept.

They're not always present in the same situations.
    we fukin won boys

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    All bluewing is doing is telling us about how poriferan didn't lay out each step of his 'arguement'- and in doing so, BW again displayed his own obvious Te preference yet again.
    Ick, don't go there.

You're not allowed to use Te if you're an INTP?
    Making an argument in a post where you lay out various steps is now grounds to dismiss an INTP read?
    That's unrealistic. How else can you make an argument?

I have to say, if you also grow up in an environment that is antagonistic or seeks to devalue your opinion, you quickly pick up a Te-mentality in order to defend yourself, regardless of your type, at least if you're in the 'thinker' camp.

(As one example from my personal experience, the conservative church values Te thinking and devalues Ti in an argument, because it likes clear and detailed "proof" of your position and doesn't like ambiguity or conceptual thought very much as a basis for faith. I realized why I felt so awful much of the time in that environment; and part of it was that I was being forced to Te my belief statements when I just don't work that way naturally.)

On the other hand, INTPs often DON'T seem very logical to others, sometimes they don't even seem logical to other Ti's. Ti=INTROVERTED thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I disagree with this. I think many INTP display their Ti in their postings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I never said they don't display thier Ti.
    I think in writing the Ti is far more obvious. In person or in casual dialogues, usually the Ne is much more visible, and since the Ti is always processing new information, it's hard to want to commit externally to a particular argument (which keeps it hidden too).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft