Page 529 of 685 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539579629 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 6848

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    ESTP and ENTP can be hard to tell apart sometimes, unless you see them side by side, or you are one and hang around a lot of the other, that will make it apparent pretty damn quickly. I think a lot of ENTPs are taken for ESTPs.
    Agreed.

A lot of my friends are ESTPs and we're similar, but we also have BIG differences.

They're much more in the moment. I can be, but I have to be doing something engaging. Otherwise I float off into the clouds in my head.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

A wannabe dog Array

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    ESTP and ENTP can be hard to tell apart sometimes, unless you see them side by side, or you are one and hang around a lot of the other, that will make it apparent pretty damn quickly. I think a lot of ENTPs are taken for ESTPs.

I agree with you. I believe @johnnyyukon is an ENTP too.
    ENTPs have this tendency to come across as ESTPs at times, especially when online.
    There is just something about his vibe, I don't know how to explain it, but ENTPs and ESTPs give off a different vibe. ENTPs often give off a more dreamy and airy vibe while ESTP gives off a more serious and concrete vibe. ESTPs are also more directing in the way they speak while ENTPs are more informative in the way they communicate. Johnnyyukon seems to have an informing communication style rather than a directing communication style.
    and ENTPs and ESTPs even have different type of humor.
    ENTPs humor leans toward the wordplay side whereas ESTP's humor leans toward the concrete side.
    I noticed johnnyyukkon's sense of humor leans more toward the wordplay side. For example, he answered this thread awhile ago and the thread was about this girl who can't stand her wonderful boyfriend, and he started using Ne humor, he started to link the entire situation into an abstract scenario, eg, using a wonderful pair of hammer to hit on oneself and then wondering why they are bleeding etc.
    He just seems to have this great imagination in him that are usually found in Ne types. I have difficulty imagining an ESTP linking a relationship scenario with a hammer, and I don't think an ESTP will even joke in this scenario in the first place, they will most likely use their Ni to get to the root of the problem and figure out why the OP felt that way about her boyfriend and then use their Se+Ti to offer some practical and concrete advice to the OP.
    Likes PocketFullOf, johnnyyukon, BlackDog liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I have a feeling that I am mistyped. Not that that's going to ever be taken badly.

These are some interesting points since I, too, thought JohnnyYukon was a fellow so/sx. Not anymore:

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    And the "so" seems like an acute awareness of everyone. I'm generally oblivious to most people, unless they strike me somehow as on my frequency, or if they're having some crisis. A LOT of people on here seem to know me, but I have no idea who they are. Half the time I think it's cuz they changed their damn names.
    since so/sx types have a compulsion to know who everyone is (wouldn’t you agree, @EJCC and @Chanaynay)? Personally, when entering social events, I like to make the rounds and network; with no purpose other than to determine where I fit in the social sphere. If I know where I fit then I feel that I'm part of that "community". My so is then satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    … I remember that a common point we resonated on was that "my friends take care of me more than I do for myself" which I think is actually one of the fears/embarrassments we feel as an sp-last type - being an eternal child always being parented rather than growing up hehe (this shows up differently in her than me though because of the ESTJ 1 flavoring).
    Painfully accurate.

sp-doms strike me as a little more guarded and cut off because of their desire for self-sufficiency and independence. You have to work harder to earn their trust, while on the other hand an so/sx might be out there proactively engaging others more and becoming everyone's best friend which is what I see you doing a lot even if you're not aware of it.
    This is why I initially hypothesized his type as so/sx although he could be sx/sp which is also in the syn-flow configuration.

Like EJCC said, I would definitely not call the so instinct a team player.
    Actually 9 social-doms are known as the team players or workaholics or the enneagram.

The so instinct definitely involves an awareness of your surroundings. A social-last, like I've seen EJCC and OrangeAppled talk about I think, tends to move in the room more like they're invisible. Not saying being social-last makes people be like YOLO fuck the haters, but they tend to just kinda act as if no one was paying attention to them in the first place. I think the sp-last type is more the kind to go "whatever, fuck it" and do their crazy thing because they already know it's silly.
    Lol. Do you mean we’re conscious of having an audience?

I think social-doms have a desire for connection and interaction possibly even more so than how the sx-instinct is described (@Hive can check me on this haha). The way you go and put yourself out there and engage people and just seem to want everyone to be happy and get along is what got me thinking so/sx.
    Yeah, it’s known that social-doms are more focused on connection than sx-doms.

Yeah being an ENTP and E7 will also make you outgoing but I think you're strangely smiley, happy, and just an all around chill dude for a 7w8 sp/sx. You'd be a lot more combative and biting imo if you were that type.
    True. In fact, his statement below sounds like an sx-dom:

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I've certainly been described as "intense" more times than I recall, and hot and cold FOR SURE (but this is most notable in intimate relationships). I'm a lot different in person. Well maybe not a lot, but online, I have the luxury of keeping most of my foibles hidden.

If I'm feeling "cold," online, I just won't post, or my posts may come off as more dickish. Try to keep that to a minimum.

I think what I think, and how I actually come across are two different things sometimes. But that's probably true for everyone.
    Sorry, Johnny, don't mean to talk about you as if you're not there, feel free to interject.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    since so/sx types have a compulsion to know who everyone is (wouldn’t you agree, @EJCC and @Chanaynay)? Personally, when entering social events, I like to make the rounds and network; with no purpose other than to determine where I fit in the social sphere. If I know where I fit then I feel that I'm part of that "community". My so is then satisfied.
    I should preface this by saying that I LOATHE networking, unless the involved parties have an easy connect point with me, that I enjoy discussing. Nothing quite like "working a room" when you couldn't care less about the people in it. That's something that so/sp can do that I feel very resentful about doing.

But I digress! I do agree with you, and I think you phrased it well -- not just "needing to know everyone", but "needing to know who everyone is". I feel uncomfortable interacting with people unless I have a good feel for who they are as a person, what they react to and in what way, what their sense of humor is, whether I can trust them/loosen up around them. I tend to highly personalize my interaction style depending on who I'm talking to -- for example, toning it down and mostly listening, if I'm talking to a loud and intense person, or taking a protective leadership role if I'm talking to someone quiet and uncertain/insecure. So, if I can't get a good feel for who someone is, I feel totally disoriented and have no idea how to communicate with them.

I think it's that we're aware enough of how hopeless we can be, that we can either be insecure/defensive about it, or we can laugh at ourselves in the same way others laugh at us.

I tell my sp-last stories all the time:
    • Booking an overnight bus trip to Boston to meet a bunch of people I'd never met in person before, spending only a day there, and having my wallet stolen right before hopping on the overnight bus back
    • Getting a burn on my hand from chopping hot peppers, then live-Facebooking my entire troubleshooting process -- including pouring whiskey on the burn (which was a horrible idea)
    • Etc.

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I should preface this by saying that I LOATHE networking, unless the involved parties have an easy connect point with me, that I enjoy discussing. Nothing quite like "working a room" when you couldn't care less about the people in it. That's something that so/sp can do that I feel very resentful about doing.
    Can relate to this, being INFP, I become fascinated with the person and get stuck there connecting with them (dammit, secondary sx, why must I be a slave to you?). I could go home being glad that I met someone interesting but inherently feeling that I don't fit in since I didn't connect to enough people to determine where my position is.

But I digress! I do agree with you, and I think you phrased it well -- not just "needing to know everyone", but "needing to know who everyone is". I feel uncomfortable interacting with people unless I have a good feel for who they are as a person, what they react to and in what way, what their sense of humor is, whether I can trust them/loosen up around them. I tend to highly personalize my interaction style depending on who I'm talking to -- for example, toning it down and mostly listening, if I'm talking to a loud and intense person, or taking a protective leadership role if I'm talking to someone quiet and uncertain/insecure. So, if I can't get a good feel for who someone is, I feel totally disoriented and have no idea how to communicate with them.
    Exactly, this is secondary sx to satisfy primary so. Gotta connect to the person no matter what. I think that's why we appear so friendly and approachable, we subconsciously make ourselves agreeable to hide our true agenda.

I think it's that we're aware enough of how hopeless we can be, that we can either be insecure/defensive about it, or we can laugh at ourselves in the same way others laugh at us.

I tell my sp-last stories all the time:
    • Booking an overnight bus trip to Boston to meet a bunch of people I'd never met in person before, spending only a day there, and having my wallet stolen right before hopping on the overnight bus back
    • Getting a burn on my hand from chopping hot peppers, then live-Facebooking my entire troubleshooting process -- including pouring whiskey on the burn (which was a horrible idea)
    • Etc.
    LOL. This is just the tip of the ice-berg for us...
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Can relate to this, being INFP, I become fascinated with the person and get stuck there connecting with them (dammit, secondary sx, why must I be a slave to you?). I could go home being glad that I met someone interesting but inherently feeling that I don't fit in since I didn't connect to enough people to determine where my position is.
    Some of that could be INFP/4 -- I don't usually default to "I don't fit in", but to "I had fun interacting with that one person". I tend to act as if I fit in unless proven otherwise, through interacting with the majority of other "new" people in the room. If I don't "click" with most of them, then no, I don't fit in. But if I go to a party where I don't know anyone, interact with only one person the entire time, then leave, then I won't have enough data to make any kind of educated decision about my place within the group. They'll all still be strangers -- which, on the one hand, means I'm not a "member of the group" (yet), but on the other hand, means I have no stake in the group, and therefore little to no reason to care about them. If that makes sense.

Exactly, this is secondary sx to satisfy primary so. Gotta connect to the person no matter what. I think that's why we appear so friendly and approachable, we subconsciously make ourselves agreeable to hide our true agenda.
    TBH I don't know if I have a "true agenda", besides "not leaving the room feeling dissatisfied". The initial goal is to connect, but if that doesn't work, then I have all manner of sub-goals. There are a WIDE variety of situations that I would consider to be a social "success", only one of which would be "connecting with everyone". Some of this could be my 7 trifix though.

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Chanaynay, Raffaella liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

These are some interesting points since I, too, thought JohnnyYukon was a fellow so/sx. Not anymore:
    I could see sx/sp too.

Meh, I'm with EJCC. I'm not about networking, and I'm terrible at checking in with people a lot.

Woops, okay reading EJCC's reply I understand what you mean more. Yeah, I like to have a good assessment of what types of people I'm dealing with in my interactions. So I kind of feel my way out through talking with them. Like I've said to a lot of people, being in college was the reason I realized I was so/sx over sx/so. I noticed how aware I was of how many different types of people there were (something I wouldn't have noticed as immediately if I had stayed in California) and discovered who I work well with and who I don't. Gauging what kind of person I'm talking to helps me figure out if I wanna be friends with them or not.

This is why I initially hypothesized his type as so/sx although he could be sx/sp which is also in the syn-flow configuration.
    He definitely seems syn-flow over contra-flow.

Actually 9 social-doms are known as the team players or workaholics or the enneagram.
    I could see that. But I wasn't talking about you. haha

Mhm, I'm sure so-seconds are too (sx/so especially - they know how to play it up). I think the interpersonal surroundings is a part of so but for me the more important part is interaction.

TBH I don't know if I have a "true agenda", besides "not leaving the room feeling dissatisfied". The initial goal is to connect, but if that doesn't work, then I have all manner of sub-goals. There are a WIDE variety of situations that I would consider to be a social "success", only one of which would be "connecting with everyone". Some of this could be my 7 trifix though.
    Yeah same. My agenda is first and foremost to make new friends! I guess you could say I'm not as warm/friendly once you get to see more than one side of me. But I think my friendliness is subconscious that I've developed as I grew up - it's an inherent part of my personality. It's only when I look back on a situation I realize that there may be a reason for my warm, inviting persona. I totally feel you that I feel most satisfy leaving a room feeling like I've connected with everyone.

Also THANK YOU for bringing up the personalized interaction style. This made me wonder about having a 9 fix a little, but I'm sure @Starry will be happy to know I'm still settled in 8. Yeah, I take on different types of interaction depending on the person. If the person is a little more quiet I tend to be gentler, while if the person is rougher then I get to push them around a little. Once I feel we've fully connected as friends and we've gotten a good idea of who we are then I feel like I'm fully myself. But before that I can be a little more polite than usual or a little more sarcastic too. I think opening up different sides of your personality to others as you get to know each other over time is natural anyway.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes EJCC, Raffaella liked this post

Some of that could be INFP/4 -- I don't usually default to "I don't fit in", but to "I had fun interacting with that one person". I tend to act as if I fit in unless proven otherwise, through interacting with the majority of other "new" people in the room. If I don't "click" with most of them, then no, I don't fit in. But if I go to a party where I don't know anyone, interact with only one person the entire time, then leave, then I won't have enough data to make any kind of educated decision about my place within the group. They'll all still be strangers -- which, on the one hand, means I'm not a "member of the group" (yet), but on the other hand, means I have no stake in the group, and therefore little to no reason to care about them. If that makes sense.
    Makes sense . In fact, I think you're right in saying it could be Fi-dom thing though I may have exaggerated the extent of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I could see that. But I wasn't talking about you. haha
    Pfffft, everything's always about me. Good post, though!

Thanks, guys, it's giving me a better understanding. It's pretty cool how we have completely different MBTI and e-types yet our approach to connecting with people is very similar.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Sorry, Johnny, don't mean to talk about you as if you're not there, feel free to interject.
    Wellll, you summoned me so I'm perfectly happy to be a specimen. Interesting points.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Raffaella liked this post