User Tag List

Page 511 of 687 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 6866

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    this doesn't make a lot of sense. and he's not certainly a woman incarnated male. wth
    Yeah, no shit. And NO WAY is he an INFP.

What's interesting to me about @Elfboy is that he argues like my husband, an ESFP. I see a lot of Se plus tertiary Te action going on. It's a 'here is the evidence and why would you disagree with concrete facts?' pov. Neither dominant nor auxiliary Ne do that. XNFPs will present evidence, but the evidence is often a springboard to new ideas and possibilities, not the end-all-be-all.

I could see ESFP 9w8.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yes, for example, most of his arguments are backed by facts from Jung and Naranjo. Fi doms rarely, if ever, do this.
    Using objective facts and evidence in an argument is a Te thing.
    You made my day, buddy. Ti's idea of facts: Anything written in a book.

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I'm on board with @Starry now.

I know he probably won't change his type...no, I know he definitely won't change his type. But I see @Elfboy as ISFP 9w8 sx/sp. With the tritype as 9w8>7w6>4w3.

But I'm not gonna try to debate it. I'll provide reasons if asked to, but I don't need Elfboob to be accurately typed (according to my own opinion) since he'll be the same Elfboob either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    i missed starrys post did sh type him isfp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I'm curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Yeah, no shit. And NO WAY is he an INFP.

What's interesting to me about @Elfboy is that he argues like my husband, an ESFP. I see a lot of Se plus tertiary Te action going on. It's a 'here is the evidence and why would you disagree with concrete facts?' pov. Neither dominant nor auxiliary Ne do that. XNFPs will present evidence, but the evidence is often a springboard to new ideas and possibilities, not the end-all-be-all.

I could see ESFP 9w8.

Oh whoops @Chanaynay I missed all of this... but I'm so glad I did as you explained it all so beautifully (I wasn't even remotely as evolved and thoughtful as you are when I was your age...and to this day still struggle to put my impressions into words. And yes, Im expressing envy.)

I was just talking to another member about this last night...and interestingly @brainheart makes reference to this same phenomenon in the 'INFP hater' thread... that there's this tendency when it comes to the 9w8...specifically the sx dom/Feeler ...to significantly identify with powerful or mystical characters. Hence, all the references to anime, Harry Potter, etc. And I actually dated an ISFP 9w8 sx/sp right out of high school that did this same thing. Not to the extent that I see in Elfboy...he never stated things outright like "I'm an aggressive, narcissistic male"...but omg did he love his characters...most recently Heath Ledger's Joker (this was also his costume for Halloween. And to each his own I say.)

^^None of this is specific to why I believe Elfboy is 9w8...but it's an interesting thing to take note of. While I do believe Elfboy has 7 in his tritype...I would put it last. I see him as primarily 9w8 & 4dw.
    Flaming Uke
    Oakland booty

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Chanaynay

Your absolutist claims don't hold that much weight in the real world.
    I am basing this on a personality description, not something that I am making up in my head, and not on patterns that I have seen. The things that I have brought up are basically the bread and the butter of the 9w8 and what that personality's characteristics are. And Elfboy doesn't share these characteristics.

And I am done discussing this after reading this.
    From Keys2Cognition...

Te - Extroverted Thinking
    Contingency planning, scheduling, and quantifying utilize the process of extraverted Thinking. Extraverted Thinking helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on. At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively. Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process. In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone else’s logic, sequence, or organization. It also helps us notice when something is missing, like when someone says he or she is going to talk about four topics and talks about only three. In general, it allows us to compartmentalize many aspects of our lives so we can do what is necessary to accomplish our objectives.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You made my day, buddy. Ti's idea of facts: Anything written in a book.
    Well either way, his style of arguing isn't an Fi dom's way of arguing.

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Chanaynay
    how do you see yourself as 7 with an 8w7 fix and me as a 9 even though I'm several times more comfortable with confrontation than you are?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Well either way, his style of arguing isn't an Fi dom's way of arguing.
    This sentence brings back memories of Walter White.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    This sentence brings back memories of Walter White.
    Going back to your insult on me saying that he is posting things from a book, and therefore I am calling those FACTS, I'd like to state a counter-argument: The man is clearly using Te there, even though they are not be REAL "so-called" facts. He can't post REAL indisputable facts on this because the mbti and enneagram are theories, and can't be "so called" proven. However what he is doing is posting logical evidence for his points that most experts on the field agree on, therefore he is using Te.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Chanaynay
    how do you see yourself as 7 with an 8w7 fix and me as a 9 even though I'm several times more comfortable with confrontation than you are?
    Exactly.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I think 4s can feel tremendously ashamed for being lazy and yet glorify it because it makes them different and sets them aside from the dreary, depressing rat race.
    I can confirm.