User Tag List

Page 503 of 688 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 6877

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ISFJ. SiFe in MBTI/Jungian theory.
    did you read the rest of what I wrote and still think j over p? and why did my j go away? I am wondering now if I am just an adaptable p

isfj's are supposed to want to fit in? in 3rd grade one guy tried to form a groupie and make everyone give him his lunch or they would be excluded from the 'group' and he would bully them. that's the less than dramatic summary of it anyway. so everyone gave him their lunch because they feared him. at first I gave him only pieces of my lunch and then I got annoyed that he kept on taking it, so I was the first to stand ground and not give him lunch. of course he excluded me from the group and bullied me, but I dealt with it... I'm independent like that

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by badatlife View Post
    did you read the rest of what I wrote and still think j over p? and why did my j go away? I am wondering now if I am just an adaptable p

isfj's are supposed to want to fit in? in 3rd grade one guy tried to form a groupie and make everyone give him his lunch or they would be excluded from the 'group' and he would bully them. that's the less than dramatic summary of it anyway. so everyone gave him their lunch because they feared him. at first I gave him only pieces of my lunch and then I got annoyed that he kept on taking it, so I was the first to stand ground and not give him lunch. of course he excluded me from the group and bullied me, but I dealt with it... I'm independent like that
    I edited my post.

You continue to strike me as a Si-dom. ISxJ e9s seem more Pish on the surface in terms of behavior. What you describe sounds e9ish in general.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

I edited my post.

You continue to strike me as a Si-dom. ISxJ e9s seem more Pish on the surface in terms of behavior. What you describe sounds e9ish in general.
    don't isfj's want to fit in and be part of a community? would isfj's have rebelled with classmates like that... I mean I hate being bossed around and if I feel I'm being taken advantage of, hold up!

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

On a standpoint of the 4 humors, I would say that @badatlife is more phlegmatic (IxxP) than melancholic (IxxJ) from the way he communicates (his writing voice is more lackadaisical, more relaxed, uncharacteristic of the rigidity and somewhat dry signature of melancholic types.)

I change my stand to IxFP, though I don't see any evidence for Ne, meaning that ISFP would be more probable. I don't particularly see Si at all (unless I missed a post somewhere), nor do I see it valued.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

don't isfj's want to fit in and be part of a community? would isfj's have rebelled with classmates like that... I mean I hate being bossed around and if I feel I'm being taken advantage of, hold up!
    Those are stereotypes. Many types do the same thing for different reasons & sometimes the same reasons but from different mentalities still.
    Get past the Keirsey-ian stereotypes. There is a ton of info out there...keep reading & try to see the main ideas (most descriptions are written by Ns & should not be taken too literally).
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    On a standpoint of the 4 humors, I would say that @badatlife is more phlegmatic (IxxP) than melancholic (IxxJ) from the way he communicates (his writing voice is more lackadaisical, more relaxed, uncharacteristic of the rigidity and somewhat dry signature of melancholic types.)

I change my stand to IxFP, though I don't see any evidence for Ne, meaning that ISFP would be more probable. I don't particularly see Si at all (unless I missed a post somewhere), nor do I see it valued.
    If you're talking socionics, then who knows... It doesn't define functions the same as Jungian theory.

I see loads of Si. Everything is gauged in terms of this person's subjective impressions of reality - what a P looks like according to their accumulated info on it, compared to how this person experienced themself in a literal situation.

Socionics
    ILI

@OrangeAppled

Wasn't using Socionics, though there is a translation from that to this. (ExxP = Sanguine, ExxJ = Choleric, IxxJ = Melancholic, IxxP = Phlegmatic).

I don't see any specific evidence however that directly states Si, I do see some possible utilization of Je however, which would indicate Pi in the ego block as well if that is, in fact, Je use. All I see is a recollection of past events (and without any proper utilization through a Je function from what I've seen), I don't see any evidence currently that clearly defines subjective recollection, though I do see a literal representation of the past (this is what I did, juxtaposing this is what it seemed like I did).

We also can't exclude Ne/Si axis perception through Aux/Tert mechanism at this present time I do not believe.
    Last edited by Alea_iacta_est; 03-11-2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: diction error

agree with you I would never call myself melancholic. probably phlegmatic, got sanguine-melancholic on a test though. are ISFJ's melancholic, or does that only apply to thinking judgers...

If you're talking socionics, then who knows... It doesn't define functions the same as Jungian theory.

I see loads of Si. Everything is gauged in terms of this person's subjective impressions of reality - what a P looks like according to their accumulated info on it, compared to how this person experienced themself in a literal situation.
    I've heard of it before, I don't think it's socionics? melancholic is supposed to be serious, sad, longing kind of facial expression whereas phlegmatic is relaxed and thoughtful

oh, but that is functions again... I agree with what you said though... could someone tell me the main difference between xxFP types and xxFJ types? like their communication styles and everything.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

@OrangeAppled

Wasn't using Socionics, though there is a translation from that to this. (ExxP = Sanguine, ExxJ = Choleric, IxxJ = Melancholic, IxxP = Phlegmatic).

I don't see any specific evidence however that directly states Si, I do see some possible utilization of Je however, which would indicate Pi in the ego block as well if that is, in fact, Je use. All I see is a recollection of past events (and without any proper utilization through a Je function from what I've seen), I don't see any evidence currently that clearly defines subjective recollection, though I do see a literal representation of the past (this is what I did, juxtaposing this is what it seemed like I did).

We also can't exclude Ne/Si axis perception through Aux/Tert mechanism at this present time I do not believe.
    You're using socionics terms. The 4 classic temperaments is an entirely different theory; it's being force-fit to Jungian types, and IMO, doesn't work with it. Jung tore up previous personality theories & explained why they were going about it wrong. Good arguments there, too.

I see no evidence of Fi-dom here & plenty of Si. Of course the person states their subjective impression as reality - every type does that. Their preferred function is their lens for reality; ie. for a Fi-dom, it's not merely "personal values", it's knowing innate human nature through the self. The whole point is, when asked to discuss their identity (sorry @badatlife - are you man or woman?), the person goes to incidences of their past described in terms of behaviors & tangible data, & then compares them to stored impressions of what a category "should look like" based on what they've read. It has Si all over it.

do you think you could tell me the main difference between xxFP types and xxFJ types? like maybe their interaction styles and everything.
    The main difference between xxFPs & xxFJs is using Fi or Fe & using Pe or Pi. The rest depends on the individual type. There is a lot of info out there for you to research yourself.

Socionics
    ILI

You're using socionics terms. The 4 classic temperaments is an entirely different theory; it's being force-fit to Jungian types, and IMO, doesn't work with it. Jung tore up previous personality theories & explained why they were going about it wrong. Good arguments there, too.

I see no evidence of Fi-dom here & plenty of Si. Of course the person states their subjective impression as reality - every type does that. Their preferred function is their lens for reality; ie. for a Fi-dom, it's not merely "personal values", it's knowing innate human nature through the self. The whole point is, when asked to discuss their identity (sorry @badatlife - are you man or woman?), the person goes to incidences of their past described in terms of behaviors & tangible data, & then compares them to stored impressions of what a category "should look like" based on what they've read. It has Si all over it.

The main difference between xxFPs & xxFJs is using Fi or Fe & using Pe or Pi. The rest depends on the individual type. There is a lot of info out there for you to research yourself.
    I concede then, thank you for your explanation. The Four Temperaments, however, are not inherent of Socionics, though Socionics does have similar dichotomies with their own (Ixxj, Ixxp, Exxp, Exxj).