User Tag List

Page 500 of 701 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by badatlife View Post
    thank you everyone for replying to me (also the person who sent me a message through reputation, idk how to send one back ). yes I would love help

the thing is though I would appreciate it if I wasn't typed by cognitive function method. I don't know how true it is, I don't like it for personal reasons. for example, let's take the letters estp. these letters are meant to represent extroverted sensing thinking perceiving. that's the letters. if you are typed by cognitive functions as Se-Ti-Fe-Ni, then you are Se-Ti-Fe-Ni, but you can't be an estp if you don't fit the letters. and I would like to be assigned a type by letters, not a function model. that's the way myers wanted her letter types to be used anyway

so, I did start a thread before about how I was Ixxx. when I was little I was always quiet and calm and well behaved and didn't cause any trouble. I am told that I was talkative and outgoing in class by peers and might distract the group during projects (only by one teacher though), but I always hated attention and was shy. now I am only wild when we play games, like the werewolf game (gets me excited). so anyway, pretty much an introvert?
    the rest of the letters are a mess; I think j/p are the hardest! I was j as a child but now I seem like a mix, maybe more p? can anyone relate?
    Alternative method: MBTI Dichotomy. Standard J vs P, F vs T, E vs I, N vs S. That or, you can go muck about in Socionics and then attempt to correlate a type with MBTI, but that's a much more complicated system with more complicated function descriptions.

Typing in JCF requires a substantial amount of self-awareness (understatement), so I can see why you wish to take a more traditional route, but I must add that MBTI Dichotomy seems to be a breed of Astrology compared to JCF.

Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

thank you everyone for replying to me (also the person who sent me a message through reputation, idk how to send one back ). yes I would love help

the thing is though I would appreciate it if I wasn't typed by cognitive function method. I don't know how true it is, I don't like it for personal reasons. for example, let's take the letters estp. these letters are meant to represent extroverted sensing thinking perceiving. that's the letters. if you are typed by cognitive functions as Se-Ti-Fe-Ni, then you are Se-Ti-Fe-Ni, but you can't be an estp if you don't fit the letters. and I would like to be assigned a type by letters, not a function model. that's the way myers wanted her letter types to be used anyway

so, I did start a thread before about how I was Ixxx. when I was little I was always quiet and calm and well behaved and didn't cause any trouble. I am told that I was talkative and outgoing in class by peers and might distract the group during projects (only by one teacher though), but I always hated attention and was shy. now I am only wild when we play games, like the werewolf game (gets me excited). so anyway, pretty much an introvert?
    the rest of the letters are a mess; I think j/p are the hardest! I was j as a child but now I seem like a mix, maybe more p? can anyone relate?
    If you are turned off by the function theory, perhaps you could try a Keirsey based test... Keirsey's system, although it works with the same 16 types and 4 letter dichotomy codes, was based not on function theory but on typing people based largely on what could be observed in their behavior and personalities.

It's a system a lot of people tend to look down on in the typology community, but I think it has its merits and uses, if for no other reason than it can be the easiest way to pinpoint one's basic temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Alternative method: MBTI Dichotomy. Standard J vs P, F vs T, E vs I, N vs S. That or, you can go muck about in Socionics and then attempt to correlate a type with MBTI, but that's a much more complicated system with more complicated function descriptions.

Typing in JCF requires a substantial amount of self-awareness (understatement), so I can see why you wish to take a more traditional route, but I must add that MBTI Dichotomy seems to be a breed of Astrology compared to JCF.
    yup, definitely the standard dichotomy for me! I just don't like the cognitive functions, and I have less than 0 self awareness (I blame it on enneagram + age)

so, I was like a j when younger and a p now. like, before I would always plan everything, pack my bag for school the night before, practice things, study, not procrastinate. now I procrastinate, do things at the last minute, wait until the deadline, and am usually relaxed. could it be that I was always a p and just acted as a j because of pressure or something? I still use an agenda though for like school, but who doesn't?
    oh I was always a flexible and adaptable person though, I would say

Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

For many people, the dichotomy route is more than enough. I'm not saying it should be preferred or that it is better, but Jung isn't for everyone.

Socionics
    ILI

yup, definitely the standard dichotomy for me! I just don't like the cognitive functions, and I have less than 0 self awareness (I blame it on enneagram + age)
    To maintain reputation among the JCF community, take this test. It'll provide a bit more accuracy (it still uses the functions, but it'll tell you your type).

To maintain reputation among the JCF community, take this test. It'll provide a bit more accuracy (it still uses the functions, but it'll tell you your type).
    I can't. I already know what the answers to it mean :P like confirmation bias

Socionics
    ILI

I can't. I already know what the answers to it mean :P like confirmation bias
    Well its going to be worse by tenfold for simple (and wrong) questions that go "Do you base your decisions on logic or feelings" with regular dichotomy based testing. There's no escaping the Forer Effect now.

Well its going to be worse by tenfold for simple (and wrong) questions that go "Do you base your decisions on logic or feelings" with regular dichotomy based testing. There's no escaping the Forer Effect now.
    yup, that's why I came here, I need to talk with someone and kind of spill all of my doubts out so we can decide, "ok this does not make you a j" or "oh, everyone does that". or even examples/scenarios I guess. just like to confirm if the way I acted when I was little doesn't necessarily make me a j, or even if the way I act now doesn't necessarily make me a p, you know? but I would like to find my type because of self discovery, and I kind of have none right now which is why I'm so confused. and look... I'm both indecisive and in a rush for closure (or I could also subconsciously not want to be boxed in )! haha, doubts like that happen...

Socionics
    ILI

Alright. I'll start with an opening bid on @badatlife's type as INFP. Based purely on my subconscious association (child archetype) to my relief function that is being projected onto him at this present moment and the fact that I initially typed him as an INxP (specifically INTP).

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Lol...dude, come on, I cannot hold a candle to an actual ENFJ. Too bad you never actually met @Domino, but just comparing me to @Glycerine should do the trick, tbh.

Tertiary Ti temptation for the win
    No... I am a younger, less evolved eNFJ...