Page 499 of 701 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Enjoyed the video, and I concur with your analysis of the INTP and INTJ styles.

Had I been Dawkins in the video, I would have probably taken a much more aggressive stance and hammer in some ideologies being perfected now that suggest a cyclical universe over one that has a beginning, thus eradicating the whole concept of the beginning in the first place. Specifically, I would have honed in on Ben Stein's quote of "8 billion people" and put that in relation to his own question requiring specificity from Dawkins in the percentages and shown that Ben Stein's figure was, in fact, wrong, as well, just as a sort of treatise (Te attack, requiring objective statistical data?) to deflate the aggressive posture presented by Stein. The INTP method seems to be a bit more laid-back and a tad more open minded.
    Imagine a Stein vs Hitchens (most likely INTJ) debate! I am unsure that they ever met or debated, but it would have been epic, to say the least.

Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Alright, I'm going to go off topic a bit more, but @Alea_iacta_est, do you consider Obama ENTP? I've noticed he debates in a similar style. There were moments in '08 and '12 when both McCain and Romney appeared red in the face and flabbergasted during the Presidential debates. Whether or not you agree with his politics, it's very hard to deny that, when he's at the top of his game, Obama can be a devastating debater. It almost appears effortless, which only further enrages his opponents. I'd have loved to have seen him debate GWBush or any of the Kennedys. There should be a video game...Ultimate Debate Cagematch or something, where you can match up dream opponents, say, Teddy Roosevelt vs Gandhi, for instance.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Enjoyed the video, and I concur with your analysis of the INTP and INTJ styles.

Had I been Dawkins in the video, I would have probably taken a much more aggressive stance and hammer in some ideologies being perfected now that suggest a cyclical universe over one that has a beginning, thus eradicating the whole concept of the beginning in the first place. Specifically, I would have honed in on Ben Stein's quote of "8 billion people" and put that in relation to his own question requiring specificity from Dawkins in the percentages and shown that Ben Stein's figure was, in fact, wrong, as well, just as a sort of treatise (Te attack, requiring objective statistical data?) to deflate the aggressive posture presented by Stein. The INTP method seems to be a bit more laid-back and a tad more open minded.
    To be fair, I found Stein's arguments/questions painfully poor and, in the shoes of Dawkins, would also have questioned both his numbers and his phrasing, i.e. "you are asking the wrong question/using a false premise/etc." Considering the aggressive image he has Dawkisn reacted very calmly and friendly to some pretty stupid questions.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Alright, I'm going to go off topic a bit more, but @Alea_iacta_est, do you consider Obama ENTP? I've noticed he debates in a similar style. There were moments in '08 and '12 when both McCain and Romney appeared red in the face and flabbergasted during the Presidential debates. Whether or not you agree with his politics, it's very hard to deny that, when he's at the top of his game, Obama can be a devastating debater. It almost appears effortless, which only further enrages his opponents. I'd have loved to have seen him debate GWBush or any of the Kennedys. There should be a video game...Ultimate Debate Cagematch or something, where you can match up dream opponents, say, Teddy Roosevelt vs Gandhi, for instance.
    I had initially typed him as ENxP, but I think he is more ENFP than ENTP, I have never seen him engage anything in a Ti, logical-principle, type of manner. I've seen him deal with issues regarding morality and ethics quite strongly however, though I can't seem to recall any specific speeches. I've seen him typed ENFJ as well however.

Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    To be fair, I found Stein's arguments/questions painfully poor and, in the shoes of Dawkins, would also have questioned both his numbers and his phrasing, i.e. "you are asking the wrong question/using a false premise/etc." Considering the aggressive image he has Dawkisn reacted very calmly and friendly to some pretty stupid questions.
    I do think Dawkins had the edge, but compared to the shit you usually hear from the creationist side in debates, Stein did a better job than most would. I ultimately think that one's opinion of who won that debate is going to be influenced by their own personal opinions, no matter how impartial or objective they strive to be.

Creationists will watch it and see strengths in Stein's points.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Stein's argument appeared to have arisen out of Fe, and if he is indeed an INTP, then it would illustrate his lack of strength in his key questions. Dawkins seemed to have been caught completely off-guard and attempting to mobilize his evidence that he didn't have prepared at the tip of his tongue.

thank you everyone for replying to me (also the person who sent me a message through reputation, idk how to send one back ). yes I would love help

the thing is though I would appreciate it if I wasn't typed by cognitive function method. I don't know how true it is, I don't like it for personal reasons. for example, let's take the letters estp. these letters are meant to represent extroverted sensing thinking perceiving. that's the letters. if you are typed by cognitive functions as Se-Ti-Fe-Ni, then you are Se-Ti-Fe-Ni, but you can't be an estp if you don't fit the letters. and I would like to be assigned a type by letters, not a function model. that's the way myers wanted her letter types to be used anyway

so, I did start a thread before about how I was Ixxx. when I was little I was always quiet and calm and well behaved and didn't cause any trouble. I am told that I was talkative and outgoing in class by peers and might distract the group during projects (only by one teacher though), but I always hated attention and was shy. now I am only wild when we play games, like the werewolf game (gets me excited). so anyway, pretty much an introvert?
    the rest of the letters are a mess; I think j/p are the hardest! I was j as a child but now I seem like a mix, maybe more p? can anyone relate?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Stein's argument appeared to have arisen out of Fe, and if he is indeed an INTP, then it would illustrate his lack of strength in his key questions. Dawkins seemed to have been caught completely off-guard and attempting to mobilize his evidence that he didn't have prepared at the tip of his tongue.
    That's probably true. Citing evidence also isn't our strongest suit (due to the above mentioned differences between Te and Ti - our arguments tend to be based on internal coherence rather than on external evidence).
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

They make a case at celebritytypes for why they think Stein is an INTP who has masqueraded as something else. I don't always agree with that site, but I think they are right on the money with Stein, so if he appears to be Fe-driven in that debate, it could be the result of a very carefully crafted albeit artificial style he has been forging for years.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Creationists will watch it and see strengths in Stein's points.
    That's because Stein's argument appeals to Je and specifically Fe. Plus, I am willing to bet that majority of the religious are Fe-users and possibly SJs in general. Methinks that ESFJ would be the front runner in this case, though that would be a hasty generalization on my part due to a lack of evidence, so it is speculation.