Next stop - ISFP Array Amargith's Avatar
    MBTI
    Nixi
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Not sure if "authetincity" is the right term, but there certainly is a sense of superiority, yes. Speaking strictly for myself I would say that I respect and sometimes even envy Te as an awesome superpower but at the same time consider it somehow "profane" and "less pure" than Ti in that Ti is in a way occupied with something higher, timeless and more abstract while Te is all about what is actually going on in the (profane) world out there. Reality, meh!
    See, sub Te for Fe and Ti for Fi and you've got my thoughts exactly

I use the term 'authenticity' because that is how it is described in the profiles as well. It's a 'being true to yourself' focus. Nothing superior about it, it just has its perks and drawbacks like any other focus. Tbh, I have the same reaction you do to 'authenticity' to the 'objective truth' that Ti worships so, as imho, objective truth seizes to exist once it is interpreted by a human mind
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

Not sure if "authetincity" is the right term, but there certainly is a sense of superiority, yes. Speaking strictly for myself I would say that I respect and sometimes even envy Te as an awesome superpower but at the same time consider it somehow "profane" and "less pure" than Ti in that Ti is in a way occupied with something higher, timeless and more abstract while Te is all about what is actually going on in the (profane) world out there. Reality, meh!
    Interesting. I actually find Ti extremely intimidating due to its natural hierarchy over Te in the realm of logical deduction (juxtaposing the natural orientation of induction through Te). Every time I look at one of Raptorwizard's mountains of Ti logic, I can't help but feel dwarfed in comparison intellectually.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    See, sub Te for Fe and Ti for Fi and you've got my thoughts exactly

I use the term 'authenticity' because that is how it is described in the profiles as well. It's a 'being true to yourself' focus. Nothing superior about it, it just has its perks and drawbacks like any other focus. Tbh, I have the same reaction you do to 'authenticity' to the 'objective truth' that Ti worships so, as imho, objective truth seizes to exist once it is interpreted by a human mind
    That is an interesting point that merits a thread of its own as I don't want to derail too much. How about "objective truth and function preference"?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Interesting. I actually find Ti extremely intimidating due to its natural hierarchy over Te in the realm of logical deduction (juxtaposing the natural orientation of induction through Te). Every time I look at one of Raptorwizard's mountains of Ti logic, I can't help but feel dwarfed in comparison intellectually.
    1. You guys win in the real world, at least leave us the comfort of being kings and queens in the realm of logic! And well-functioning Ni can also be intimidating.
    2. Not sure if RW is representative as he's a special case.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Socionics
    ILI

1. You guys win in the real world, at least leave us the comfort of being kings and queens in the realm of logic! And well-functioning Ni can also be intimidating.
    2. Not sure if RW is representative as he's a special case.
    I had an ISTP friend earlier in life, and I was always so confused as to how he was able to understand the mechanisms of everything down to a T, and it drove me insane due to the fact that we argued constantly. Thinking doms like the INTP can easily slaughter us poor Intuitive doms when it comes to breaking things down and refining them or even logical constructs. (As I've grown older, I've seen myself starting to become more like him, probably through the development of Te)

You have a point with number 2, though I'm mostly sure he is the paragon of the INTP with some common eccentricities associated with INTx. It seems like he was touched by the irrational mysticism of Ni at one point.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You have been using Fi as the critical parent lately, used in a sort of witch-huntish way. You are attempting to utilize the Fi process of undermining external masks but you are doing so in a negative light and in an Ni sort of way. I would say that you would be like an INTJ in this sense, but we (INTJs) see Fi as a bit of a child's folly due to our use of it as personal relief and not as a serious decision making function. Furthermore, you are utilizing Fe in this thread right now since you are attempting to debunk what you perceive to be Amar's false facade, which would be indicative of Fi if Fi wasn't a very phlegmatic function that could care less about what happens to that facade, Fe on the other hand would attempt to eradicate any potential sense of disturbance to the environment, such as a potentially unsettling guise worn by someone.

Common example: INFJ Witch Hunt threads. Rife with Critical Parent Fi.
    What do you mean I have been using Fi "lately"? I have not been acting different in any way.

And I disagree with you regarding the so called "false" façade, but I will no longer devote my energy to it.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    What do you mean I have been using Fi "lately"? I have not been acting different in any way.

And I disagree with you regarding the so called "false" façade, but I'm no longer going devote energy to it.
    You've seemed more militant and mobilized recently, to me, at least.

Fi critical parent shines through in this statement particularly, you are attempting to compensate in the field of Fi by stating that you are in control of who you are at this very moment and are confident in the way you have perceived you have been acting, thus using it as a sharp weapon that conceals your deficiency in the area of personalized emotional understanding.

•I'M the authority on ethics! Your behavior shows a lack of personal integrity. [I feel I'm not living up to the personal (internal) side of ethics with my external focus, and I project it onto you].
    This quote is from the archetypal standpoint of Critical Parent Fi, but you are utilizing it through its second method, which is defending your own persona and individualism, which is partly correct but at the same time refutable. "I'm the authority on how I've been acting!" (When really, you are most likely unsure and ambivalent)

Realize that I am not attempting to undermine you, I am attempting to elucidate the facts through which I believe possess objective accuracy.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You've seemed more militant and mobilized recently, to me, at least.

Fi critical parent shines through in this statement particularly, you are attempting to compensate in the field of Fi by stating that you are in control of who you are at this very moment and are confident in the way you have perceived you have been acting, thus using it as a sharp weapon that conceals your deficiency in the area of personalized emotional understanding.

This quote is from the archetypal standpoint of Critical Parent Fi, but you are utilizing it through its second method, which is defending your own persona and individualism, which is partly correct but at the same time refutable. "I'm the authority on how I've been acting!" (When really, you are most likely unsure and ambivalent)

Realize that I am not attempting to undermine you, I am attempting to elucidate the facts through which I believe possess objective accuracy.
    I haven't been acting out of character recently.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I haven't been acting out of character recently.
    Suit yourself, I will retract my claim then. Though I will still ponder the situation in the back of my mind for the next few hours probably to see if there is anything I'm missing, for I sincerely believe you to be an INFJ, but at the same time, I realize that I am not the authority of your own personality.

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Suit yourself, I will retract my claim then. Though I will still ponder the situation in the back of my mind for the next few hours probably to see if there is anything I'm missing, for I sincerely believe you to be an INFJ, but at the same time, I realize that I am not the authority of your own personality.
    In my books, he is ENTP.