Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 6867

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Golden shower thoughts Array Stephano's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I guess it did seem derisive. Sorry, @Stephano, it was unintentional.
    Nevermind.

@Starry One reason, why I typed myself as a 4 in general is that I'm a really introverted extravert. I have read Jung, so I can safely say I'm an extraverted intuitive. I know that many ENFP 7s also see themselves as more introverted extraverts, but here's why I believe that I'm an ENFP 4w5:

1. Search for identity: The only reason I got into MBTI and enneagram was that I wanted to know who I am. I don't know why but having a connection to my identity satisfies me. I also have a strong connection to things I identify with. In my home I want to be surrounded by things, that mean something and have value to me. Before I buy something like a table for example, I consider what impact its colors, its form will have on the environment. I express my personality with it. I won't buy it, if it is made of Italian Mahagony because it has to symbolize a place I feel connected to, like a birch which needs a lot if water (I like the rain).

2. Romantic vs. Realist: I have an ENFP 7w6 (selftyped) buddy and he is a perfect example of his type. He is cheerful, he is an entertainer and he's also practical. I appear far more reserved and impractical. What I also noticed is that he hates it when the sun isn't shining and it's dark and moody outside. I like that. I always felt kind of attracted to melancholic things (Tim Burton movies, the zone Gilneas in WoW, artists like Lykke Li and Fever Ray). My desktop slideshow mostly has pictures of foggy autumn forests, dark moonlight, etc...

3. 4w3 vs 4w5: I simply type myself as 4w5, because I can relate to 5 and not to 3. I am withdrawn, I am introspective and I am an extravert, so why not?

I already posted the link before, but this article helped me a lot with finding out my type. http://theenneagram.blogspot.co.at/2...fying.html?m=1
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Stansmith

While I still have a hard time grasping what exactly it means to be a 4, I think it usually goes deeper than aesthetic-sensibilities, or an interest in individuality or melancholy topics; in fact, the majority of people who claim to value some of these things (particularly individuality or aesthetics) don't really strike me as core 4s. I don't think its a coincidence that the majority of musicians, filmmakers, painters, novelists, etc. are non-4s.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    While E4 is still a hard type for me to grasp, I think it usually goes deeper than aesthetic-sensibilities, interest in identity or an interest in melancholy topics. I think most FPs can relate to the 4 description to a certain extent...
    True that. Even though I seem obviously 2-fixed to other people I used to think I 4w3 was in my tritype instead.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

While I still have a hard time grasping what exactly a 4 is, I think it usually goes deeper than aesthetic-sensibilities, or an interest in individuality or melancholy topics; in fact, the majority of people who claim to value some of these things (particularly individually or aesthetics) don't really strike me as core 4s.
    Yes. I was going to say pretty much this.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    True that. Even though I seem obviously 2-fixed to other people I used to think I 4w3 was in my tritype instead.
    Same, although over time it's become clear to me that I'm more of a 3w4-fixer. It's more-or-less in the same ballpark, but it makes a difference.

Senior Member Array

While I still have a hard time grasping what exactly it means to be a 4, I think it usually goes deeper than aesthetic-sensibilities, or an interest in individuality or melancholy topics; in fact, the majority of people who claim to value some of these things (particularly individually or aesthetics) don't really strike me as core 4s.
    I was under the impression that because 2, 3, and 4 were all under the "emotional" third of the Enneagram, they were essentially different versions of the same thing. Ergo if you're emotional and very extroverted you're 2; if ambiverted you're 3; if introverted you're 4.

If 2 you're extreme extrovert and probably Fe-user; if 3 you're mildly to aggressively extroverted but probably more Pe-Fi; and if 4 you're an introvert no matter how many ENFPs identify as 4's.

Keep in mind that I tend to hack things like that into pieces tho, putting them into my own subjective systems that aren't necessarily true.

Stansmith

@Nihilogen

Interesting thought...While I don't doubt the existence of ENFP 4s (a lot of the ones here and on PerC seem accurately typed), I can't think of many convincing famous examples, whereas INFJ and IFP 4s are plenty.

Golden shower thoughts Array Stephano's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

While I still have a hard time grasping what exactly it means to be a 4, I think it usually goes deeper than aesthetic-sensibilities, or an interest in individuality or melancholy topics; in fact, the majority of people who claim to value some of these things (particularly individually or aesthetics) don't really strike me as core 4s. I don't think its a coincidence that the majority of musicians, filmmakers, painters, novelists, etc. are non-4s.
    What makes you feel that I'm not a 4. I want your feedback please.
    I have just red a (official?) description of type 4 and I thought it fitted me perfectly.

For example:

We have named this type The Individualist because Fours maintain their identity by seeing themselves as fundamentally different from others.

While it is true that Fours often feel different from others, they do not really want to be alone. They may feel socially awkward or self-conscious, but they deeply wish to connect with people who understand them and their feelings. The “romantics” of the Enneagram, they long for someone to come into their lives and appreciate the secret self that they have privately nurtured and hidden from the world.

Fours typically have problems with a negative self-image and chronically low self-esteem. They attempt to compensate for this by cultivating a Fantasy Self—an idealized self-image which is built up primarily in their imaginations. A Four we know shared with us that he spent most of his spare time listening to classical music while fantasizing about being a great concert pianist—à la Vladimir Horowitz. Unfortunately, his commitment to practicing fell far short of his fantasized self-image, and he was often embarrassed when people asked him to play for them. His actual abilities, while not poor, became sources of shame.

That all screams me.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    What makes you feel that I'm not a 4. I want your feedback please.
    I have just red a (official?) description of type 4 and I thought it fitted me perfectly.

For example:
    We have named this type The Individualist because Fours maintain their identity by seeing themselves as fundamentally different from others. Fours feel that they are unlike other human beings, and consequently, that no one can understand them or love them adequately. They often see themselves as uniquely talented, possessing special, one-of-a-kind gifts, but also as uniquely disadvantaged or flawed.

While it is true that Fours often feel different from others, they do not really want to be alone. They may feel socially awkward or self-conscious, but they deeply wish to connect with people who understand them and their feelings. The “romantics” of the Enneagram, they long for someone to come into their lives and appreciate the secret self that they have privately nurtured and hidden from the world.

Fours typically have problems with a negative self-image and chronically low self-esteem. They attempt to compensate for this by cultivating a Fantasy Self—an idealized self-image which is built up primarily in their imaginations. A Four we know shared with us that he spent most of his spare time listening to classical music while fantasizing about being a great concert pianist—à la Vladimir Horowitz. Unfortunately, his commitment to practicing fell far short of his fantasized self-image, and he was often embarrassed when people asked him to play for them. His actual abilities, while not poor, became sources of shame.

That all screams me.
    I don't really have a strong opinion about your type; after all, you know yourself better than I do. It was just something that I felt the need to clarify about Enneagram 4s.

Senior Member Array

@Stephano well Alea_iacta_est was able to type me pretty well. He said I seemed like a 7 based on the loosey-goosey style of my posts. Whenever I read one of my posts, I feel that there is something "missing." Certainly not "dry," but so disorganized and minimalistic.

I see I similar "emptiness" in your syntax of posts, so you might be 7, but don't take my noob word for it. Ask an INxJ.