• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
1) INTP (father in law)
2) INTJ (Limey/Husband)
3) ISFJ (sister in law)
4) INFJ (mother in law)
5) ESFJ (SJ, my old neighbor who I've ranted about in my blog)
6) INFJ (cascade)
7) INFJ (wolfmaiden)
8) ISTP (greyscale)
9) ENFP (targo)
10) INTJ (npg)
11) ENFJ (brandon)
12) INFJ (cafe)
13) INFJ (me)
14) INFP (dana)

3 out of 14 correct. Point is, you've got to be a fucking idiot to think you can "type" anyone accurately by their eyes. I always score INFJ but I can be pretty much any time for a limited time if need be. I believe the older you become, the more you can manipulate who you are.
I KNEW #14 was an INFP!! :happy0065:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes.. but it is only a hindrance to finding the truth to actually consider such "tendencies" when trying to accurately type someone.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yes.. but it is only a hindrance to finding the truth to actually consider such "tendencies" when trying to accurately type someone.
LOL (I'm sorry I just saw your type field.)

The addition of all the circumstantial evidence can lead one to a decent idea of type.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

Besides knowing what someone types as on a good MBTI test, all we really have to go on is tendencies and generalizations..

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Besides knowing what someone types as on a good MBTI test, all we really have to go on is tendencies and generalizations..

But you have the choice to take into consideration superficialities or to pay close attention to the things they choose to discuss, what sort of conclusions they draw, how they come to them, etc.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
But you have the choice to take into consideration superficialities or to pay close attention to the things they choose to discuss, what sort of conclusions they draw, how they come to them, etc.

Yeah what's going on in a person's head is more important concerning their type, but someone's mental state and style will often show itself on the outside too.

Lots of times superficialities are all we have to go by at first, until we really get to know the person better.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah what's going on in a person's head is more important concerning their type, but someone's mental state and style will often show itself on the outside too.

Lots of times superficialities are all we have to go by at first, until we really get to know the person better.

What is the point of assigning a type (which is based on cognitive processes) to someone if you only have superficialities to go by?

That's just useless confirmation bias.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
That's only one of several methods. I only use F.A. as a backup.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
What is the point of assigning a type (which is based on cognitive processes) to someone if you only have superficialities to go by?

That's just useless confirmation bias.

Not much, besides some kind of personal satisfaction and a sense of knowing your social surroundings better.

Superficialities are just clues, albeit one of the weaker ones, into getting to know someone's personality.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm sure there were a lot of non-ESFJ's and the like I over looked... because since ESFJ's and ESFP's dominate the other types of girls might somehow blend in and maybe even try to act like their girl peers.

What would tell me a girl wasn't that type, is if at a party or something she was hanging with some oddball group of people, no makeup, a little artsy or emo looking..

Looking artsy or emo, to me at least, suggests a higher-than-usual preoccupation with appearance. While that may fly for certain NF types who are trying to make a social statement or something, I certainly wouldn't put that much thought or effort into what I looked like. Just fixing oneself up enough to blend in with the crowd takes little effort or thought by comparison.

And don't forget the whole "mirroring" phenomenon that is supposedly an attribute of NT-ness.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Looking artsy or emo, to me at least, suggests a higher-than-usual preoccupation with appearance. While that may fly for certain NF types who are trying to make a social statement or something, I certainly wouldn't put that much thought or effort into what I looked like. Just fixing oneself up enough to blend in with the crowd takes little effort or thought by comparison.

And don't forget the whole "mirroring" phenomenon that is supposedly an attribute of NT-ness.

Yeah, I've definitely seen some artsy/emo-dressing types who are about as normal as you can get. I go to shows sometimes and it's like a convention of people who are dressed to the nines in artsy gear but are more interested in showing themselves off and being seen than paying any attention to the music. The way someone's acting will definitely help discern between those who dress a certain way to fit in to an atmosphere or those who do so to make a statement/are really wanting to be different out of some idealistic goal....

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The thing about how it seems like Ns would dress... they wouldn't look like they had any clique alignment, like very preppy or very goth or anything, but I'm guessing that they might continue to wear clothes that were out of style a few years ago because they still had them and they hadn't worn out, wearing minimal accessories, clothes sort of matching but not quite, keeping typical choices to things that would match anything (no strange-colored pants that only go with specific things, etc)...

Not quite so bad as the 'no matching socks' phenomenon, but similar, just more subtle.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
No, but if or how much makeup a girl wears could be indicative of some things. On average, a SF women might be more likely to wear makeup, or a large amount of makeup, compared to an NT women.

Not necessarily. I'm definitely an NT woman, and I actually enjoy playing around a bit with makeup. I usually wear it unless I'm going to the gym or something. I think everyone expects NT women to look like Janeane Garafalo.

re: the hanging out in packs thing, I don't really have any ESFJ friends, but my NFJ and NFP friends like makeup, too, and they wouldn't fit your template, either. If you want to know what someone's like, you'll just have to talk to them.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
The thing about how it seems like Ns would dress... they wouldn't look like they had any clique alignment, like very preppy or very goth or anything, but I'm guessing that they might continue to wear clothes that were out of style a few years ago because they still had them and they hadn't worn out, wearing minimal accessories, clothes sort of matching but not quite, keeping typical choices to things that would match anything (no strange-colored pants that only go with specific things, etc)...

Not quite so bad as the 'no matching socks' phenomenon, but similar, just more subtle.

that's how I dress. why stop wearing something cuz it's no longer in style? if it fits and is comfortable why not?