User Tag List

First 379429469477478479480481489529579 Last

Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 7100

  1. #4781
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    @Chanaynay the way you described music sounds really Fi. Finding meaning is also important for Fi users, I know some of Kelly Clarkson's songs and they are definitely full of emotionality. She expresses the different sides of feelings, but it's less about meaning and more about putting out emotions. The reason why I dislike pop culture and pop music, is because the interprets are not real. They all are linked, governed by their managers, they are told what to say, what to do, what to wear. The element of human's individuality is totally pull off from mainstream music, just because of making more profits. It's kind of sad, that music is no longer presetned as the form of art, where the artist could present and express himself, but it's rather used just as another form of business. And that's what mainstream culture is about...business. But I am not interested in business, I am interested in art. The real and true art. Kelly Clarkson went out as the winner of American Idol, these people have no chance to say anything. They are just a products of a TV show. The influence can be latter smaller, but it's hard to change once you're put in the box by the eyes of audience.
    wow.

    such hipster.

    so underground.


  2. #4782
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Why not focus on being happy? Imagine the possibility of being happy without any conditions attached to it.
    That would require more imagination than I can muster.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #4783
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    That would require more imagination than I can muster.
    I don't think you should admire the INTs (if they were the demographic you mentioned in the previous posts.) IN types are far more likely IMO to spend the next fifty years as a janitor than an ISFJ is. They have quite the double or bust set-up and many members of the types in question go home empty handed so to speak. FWIW I think you're quite a good thinker (you speak on here with more precision than I do) and there is plenty to farm. For instance if you consider yourself an average Joe why not write a novel or autobiography about being one with satirical elements? I find that presenting the everyday in a new light can be thought provoking in its own right.

  4. #4784
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I don't think you should admire the INTs (if they were the demographic you mentioned in the previous posts.) IN types are far more likely IMO to spend the next fifty years as a janitor than an ISFJ is. They have quite the double or bust set-up and many members of the types in question go home empty handed so to speak. FWIW I think you're quite a good thinker (you speak on here with more precision than I do) and there is plenty to farm.
    Well I just meant generally, abstract thinkers. I suppose you could say INT's fit that bill. But I think a lot of types have that capability.

    I think the biggest challenge right now, is keeping a clear head around people. I think better alone and best of all while walking, with people I get sucked into Fe-ism too much and it makes me a sellout of my character and what I really think of something.

    But perhaps that's an Si - Ti loop.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  5. #4785
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    IN types are far more likely IMO to spend the next fifty years as a janitor than an ISFJ is.
    This is likely the truest thing I've ever read on this forum. My family:

    INFP bro: works at Subway
    INTP bro: pizza delivery
    INFP me: unemployed. Worked customer service jobs. Sells things on etsy every once in awhile.

    ISFJ sis: clothing designer, entrepreneur
    ISTJ dad: accountant, small business owner
    ESFP sis: well paid nurse
    ENTJ bro: professor/ director of a news department

  6. #4786
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    This is likely the truest thing I've ever read on this forum. My family:

    INFP bro: works at Subway
    INTP bro: pizza delivery
    INFP me: unemployed. Worked customer service jobs. Sells things on etsy every once in awhile.

    ISFJ sis: clothing designer, entrepreneur
    ISTJ dad: accountant, small business owner
    ESFP sis: well paid nurse
    ENTJ bro: professor/ director of a news department
    It's unfortunate that we all suck so much. I think there is a way out of the abyss for most INs but not in the ways that make them interested/engaged/fulfilled/happy. I have my doubts that there are any happy endings for these types of people.

  7. #4787
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    It's unfortunate that we all suck so much. I think there is a way out of the abyss for most INs but not in the ways that make them interested/engaged/fulfilled/happy. I have my doubts that there are any happy endings for these types of people.
    I think you just need to accept you live on an alternate plane. So you're smart and good at abstraction and all that but broke? So it is. Life isn't a career. Just do the things that use your strengths and make you fulfilled but don't expect any money for them. Then you'll be like Henry Darger. Everyone in his life saw him as a custodian but he was truly something else.



  8. #4788
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    @brainheart - Thanks. I have just watched the video. Unfortunately my opinion from coming away is that there was nothing happy about the guy's life and that his inner world could not negate the strain caused by unmet existential needs. Spending decades writing one 15,000 page novel strikes me as a coping mechanism or a way to manage the chaos around him by streamlining it into a medium he could understand and utilise.

    By the way do you know what type he was? I initially thought INFP (perhaps an aspie one) but his approach to faith struck me as more INTJ. I don't know about his enneagram, perhaps 1w9 as his internal world seemed to pain good and evil as black and white (with the good being congruent with his own beliefs.)

  9. #4789
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    It's unfortunate that we all suck so much. I think there is a way out of the abyss for most INs but not in the ways that make them interested/engaged/fulfilled/happy. I have my doubts that there are any happy endings for these types of people.
    I disagree. I've seen many older INxx & IxFP who are not making a ton of money, but they are doing things they love & are happy. Most do work vaguely related to their interests & strengths. If money is less important, this is actually EASIER to do. If you didn't find a romantic partner young due to WEIRDO, then you're also not bogged down with family responsibilities that may lead you to take the steady janitor job.

    I've yet to meet one older INFP I'd call a "loser" in any sense of the word; most are super cool, doing their own thing with integrity. I also don't know one who is rich and successful in business, but those people are often miserable anyways.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  10. #4790
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I disagree. I've seen many older INxx & IxFP who are not making a ton of money, but they are doing things they love & are happy. Most do work vaguely related to their interests & strengths. If money is less important, this is actually EASIER to do. If you didn't find a romantic partner young due to WEIRDO, then you're also not bogged down with family responsibilities that may lead you to take the steady janitor job.

    I've yet to meet one older INFP I'd call a "loser" in any sense of the word; most are super cool, doing their own thing with integrity. I also don't know one who is rich and successful in business, but those people are often miserable anyways.
    This immediately made me think of New York Times fashion photographer Bill Cunningham, there's a great documentary about him on Netflix. He's obviously successful, but only because every aspect of his life is about doing what he loves.


Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :cry:
  • :(
  • :doh:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :mellow:
  • :unsure:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6888
    Last Post: Today, 01:18 AM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By Captain Haddock in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO