User Tag List

Page 477 of 701 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I think the difference lies in the experience of said art.

I think a ne user may be imagining a whole story or experiencing a sort of nostalgia for a memory of an imagined life with maybe bits if your own that you can relate to it thrown in rather than just empathizing with the actual literal representation.

But I'm not quite sure. I'd like some se users input on that.

I'm not sure if that even made sense. I think I'm getting sleepy.
    Music feels like a world within itself, a state of transcendence with tinges of nostalgia and saudade.

/Cringe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Music feels like a world within itself, a state of transcendence with tinges of nostalgia and saudade.

/Cringe.
    cringe?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Stansmith

cringe?
    to feel disgust or embarrassment and often to show this feeling by a movement of your face or body.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ummm...asking why you said it there.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ndovjtjcaqidthi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    AA looks like an INFJ in many ways to me as well, since he's a pretty diplomatic and idealistic guy who seems to give good thought to things, but I guess that really could be any type. He probably doesn't need us harrassing him about it too much anyway. AA puts even more stock in people's various opinion than I do, perhaps too much so, whereas I'm pretty expansive about those things to start with. Does all of this sound accurate to you @AffirmitiveAnxiety?
    I'm not sure about AA. The only thing I can say for certain is that I see Introverted Thinking in him. FJs use that also. He does seem warmer and more idealistic than an INTP of his age (I'm pretty sure he is over 25). I haven't seen anything suggesting a preference for intuition over sensing, though.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    You're the weirdest ISFJ I've ever seen.

To the bolded: Why don't you have a chat with him and see how it's like for yourself? I'm very sure you will change your opinion.
    Heh maybe I should. To be clear I didn't want to offend anyone, it was just an idle observation. ENFP works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    @AffirmitiveAnxiety

You are much more like an INFJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    AA looks like an INFJ in many ways to me as well, since he's a pretty diplomatic and idealistic guy who seems to give good thought to things, but I guess that really could be any type. He probably doesn't need us harrassing him about it too much anyway. AA puts even more stock in people's various opinion than I do, perhaps too much so, whereas I'm pretty expansive about those things to start with. Does all of this sound accurate to you @AffirmitiveAnxiety?
    INFJ was a type that I settled on at PerC. But being how I am, in terms of self-questioning, when I first had a...moment of clarity over the functions, where I actually believed I had some grounding in what they were implying, I struggled to associate Ni in myself.

At first I thought my ideas about the social aspects of humanity, how we fall down and how we rise up, were part of an Ni vision or idealism of how I could see us being and I wanted to reach it. But I recognised that they were a bit grandiose and lacking in substance.

So I broke it down a bit more and decided to appropriate some life experience into the equation. When I did that I realised I was actually part of something far more common in people, despite what we might think and maybe I had picked that up without realising it...at least until I did realise it..if you see what I mean?

I won't lie I am interested in people, but at the same time I worry that what I'm interested in is the idea of people rather than actual 'people'.

In any case, after speaking to and watching those who wen't under the moniker of Ni dominance on this forum and others; I did notice I didn't quite relate, although I do seem to get on well with quite a few of them and I've had some great discussions because of it.

But while I have had what are known as 'aha' moments, I think my view of things is more cobbled together over time which is more in line with Si. I thought I might be extraverted and there are many who have met me on vent who might say the same. However that's a snapshot and if we play a by the numbers game, I spend far more time by myself, introspecting than with others and while I can get energy from others, I always need to take a break at some point.

My biggest failing is something more stereotypically ISFJ though. When I was younger I never did anything to help others, or help around the house, or attend to needs that were wanting.

As I've grown older I have become much more compliant in such actions. I regularly help my dad do some pretty hard work, like digging up our front drive bedding system so he could make the drive larger for more cars as my brother and his wife were living with us for a bit.

Part of this is that I can't entirely justify a refusal, because I do have those Si obligations to my parents, although I don't have too much trouble in saying no to some things and I've walked out of more than a few frustrating and demeaning jobs.

But that's easier when you can fall back on the parents you live with, so perhaps less of a standing up for myself moment and more of a knowing I don't need the job right now.

I will say I find I have various...interests, that seem to pop up esoterically and then go again, with the only consistent one being my interest in warhammer. These seem to reflect various states I am going through at the time and I intensely follow them for months, before dropping all interest suddenly, until a new one comes along.

I am a bit of a weird person, I don't dislike that, but I do have trouble being open about it until a person knows me better.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

AffirmitiveAnxiety is an ENTP of the Lark variety.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    AffirmitiveAnxiety is an ENTP of the Lark variety.
    whaa?? i'm not saying aa isn't but lark??

totally no.
    -Jim Morrison

whaa?? i'm not saying aa isn't but lark??

totally no.
    Sorry, we're not taking votes. When the genetic MBTI tests are out, the truth will wash over your doubts.