User Tag List

First 376426466474475476477478486526576 Last

Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 7141

  1. #4751
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Ya know I've recently had a couple suggestions for se use in myself based on my artsy aesthetic or appreciation for art or whatever.

    I do not buy that it's un enfp like to be artsy or like fashion at all.

    Pretty sure Marc Jacobs is an enfp.

    Bijork is mad artsy and into fashion and she's infp.

    Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #4752
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Ya know I've recently had a couple suggestions for se use in myself based on my artsy aesthetic or appreciation for art or whatever.

    I do not buy that it's un enfp like to be artsy or like fashion at all.

    Pretty sure Marc Jacobs is an enfp.

    Bijork is mad artsy and into fashion and she's infp.

    Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    It's also the special snowflake bias towards Ns again. "Your taste isn't unique enough for you to be N! Your taste is more mainstream so you're an S!" blah blah blah. I mean, I don't think an ENFP would even try to have a really defined sense of style in musical taste. If all Ns really do purposefully try to have a unique taste in music, then let me be ESFP. I'd rather be able to listen to what I want rather than listen to certain music to build up an image of "vintage style." Having a type of style just seems fake to me, because if you really only listened to what you'd like then you would have a much more varied taste in music and art (not you specifically, I mean generally). I mean, I've talked to @Elfboy about music ranging from "fuck bitches get money" rap to elegant and dramatic opera. And then if you look at my library it ranges from Frederic Chopin to the Pokemon X soundtrack to Kelly Clarkson pop ballads. I like what I like, regardless of if it's "modern" or not. I always thought of that as the beauty of ENFPs (or EFPs in general) - we would have like a collection of trinkets from multiple worlds and bring them all into one because we simply felt like taking them.

    Edit: Oh, and if ENFPs supposedly listen to non-modern music because it's "deeper" or "more meaningful" then I would venture to say those "ENFPs" aren't even ENFPs. Isn't that another quality we value in ENFPs so much, being to pull meaning from anything and everything? If you put a Kelly Clarkson song in front of me right now I'd be able to break it out into heartfelt pieces at any possible minute.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #4753
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    I think the difference lies in the experience of said art.

    I think a ne user may be imagining a whole story or experiencing a sort of nostalgia for a memory of an imagined life with maybe bits if your own that you can relate to it thrown in rather than just empathizing with the actual literal representation.


    But I'm not quite sure. I'd like some se users input on that.

    I'm not sure if that even made sense. I think I'm getting sleepy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #4754
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I think the difference lies in the experience of said art.

    I think a ne user may be imagining a whole story or experiencing a sort of nostalgia for a memory of an imagined life with maybe bits if your own that you can relate to it thrown in rather than just empathizing with the actual literal representation.


    But I'm not quite sure. I'd like some se users input on that.

    I'm not sure if that even made sense. I think I'm getting sleepy.
    Nah, I agree. Even if it's just like a catchy beat I'll like to imagine stories with it. Like for example, when I listen to I Got a Boy by Girls' Generation (in my sig) I always imagine myself somehow getting onto my school's dance team and then performing the dance during halftime at a football game (I would be in Sooyoung's position of course). If only I had the actual dance skills for that in real life.

    Or when I listen to Because of You by Kelly Clarkson I play all these memories through my head of my grandparents suffering from lung cancer/Alzheimer's and also me fighting with my mom when she discovered that I liked a guy and then me trying to hide my sexuality from her since then etc.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  5. #4755
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    It's also the special snowflake bias towards Ns again. "Your taste isn't unique enough for you to be N! Your taste is more mainstream so you're an S!" blah blah blah. I mean, I don't think an ENFP would even try to have a really defined sense of style in musical taste. If all Ns really do purposefully try to have a unique taste in music, then let me be ESFP. I'd rather be able to listen to what I want rather than listen to certain music to build up an image of "vintage style." Having a type of style just seems fake to me, because if you really only listened to what you'd like then you would have a much more varied taste in music and art (not you specifically, I mean generally). I mean, I've talked to @Elfboy about music ranging from "fuck bitches get money" rap to elegant and dramatic opera. And then if you look at my library it ranges from Frederic Chopin to the Pokemon X soundtrack to Kelly Clarkson pop ballads. I like what I like, regardless of if it's "modern" or not. I always thought of that as the beauty of ENFPs (or EFPs in general) - we would have like a collection of trinkets from multiple worlds and bring them all into one because we simply felt like taking them.

    Edit: Oh, and if ENFPs supposedly listen to non-modern music because it's "deeper" or "more meaningful" then I would venture to say those "ENFPs" aren't even ENFPs. Isn't that another quality we value in ENFPs so much, being to pull meaning from anything and everything? If you put a Kelly Clarkson song in front of me right now I'd be able to break it out into heartfelt pieces at any possible minute.
    I actually identify with almost all of this (different taste in music). But I like a lot of different stuff, including mainstream stuff people make fun of me for lol. I like passion and attitude, and music that sounds good and makes me want to dance or have sex. I can appreciate really creative or intellectual music too. I can appreciate lyrics, but they have to go with non-boring music and not be sung by someone with an annoying voice.

    One of my ISFP friends (the hipster) and my INFP cousin are equally bad about being music snobs.

  6. #4756
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I actually identify with almost all of this (different taste in music). But I like a lot of different stuff, including mainstream stuff people make fun of me for lol. I like passion and attitude, and music that sounds good and makes me want to dance or have sex. I can appreciate really creative or intellectual music too. I can appreciate lyrics, but they have to go with non-boring music and not be sung by someone with an annoying voice.
    Rock on! That's what I like, when people have a wide variety of tastes in music - I think having a wide variety of interest in things in general gives someone a good sense of well-roundedness if that makes sense. It's like you can better feel that that person is a genuine human being because of it. It's hard to explain.

    I really think @Vetani should start a thread where he analyzes your musical taste. He's damn good at it. According to the music I show him and what he's seen me post, my musical taste is very "warm" and "scattered/not focused" and "passionate." /pastes shit

    [11/12/2013 11:03:16 PM] LHI: oh god
    [11/12/2013 11:03:20 PM] LHI: Chandler
    [11/12/2013 11:03:29 PM] LHI: You bring vibrance
    [11/12/2013 11:03:39 PM] LHI: the songs you link me
    [11/12/2013 11:03:50 PM] LHI: They're very orange, yellow, red
    [11/12/2013 11:04:00 PM] LHI: the warm colors

    [11/12/2013 11:12:32 PM] LHI: yours is so flowerly
    [11/12/2013 11:12:34 PM] LHI: and welcomeing

    [11/12/2013 11:18:44 PM] LHI: haha I bet
    [11/12/2013 11:20:44 PM] LHI: GOD
    [11/12/2013 11:20:48 PM] LHI: i notice a theme
    [11/12/2013 11:20:59 PM] LHI: your songs tend to be vibrant and powerful
    [11/12/2013 11:21:07 PM] LHI: and it tends to be swirly
    [11/12/2013 11:21:15 PM] Chandler: swirly?
    [11/12/2013 11:22:01 PM] LHI: like this
    [11/12/2013 11:22:03 PM] LHI: http://vetani.tumblr.com/post/49170581190
    [11/12/2013 11:22:33 PM] LHI: Effervescent, iridescent
    [11/12/2013 11:22:38 PM] LHI: With force and verve
    [11/12/2013 11:23:10 PM] Chandler: hmm
    [11/12/2013 11:23:12 PM] Chandler: pulsating?
    [11/12/2013 11:23:20 PM] LHI: and this
    [11/12/2013 11:23:20 PM] LHI: http://vetani.tumblr.com/post/420226...paintaway-2012
    [11/12/2013 11:23:25 PM] LHI: very colorful
    [11/12/2013 11:23:36 PM] LHI: and not very organized
    [11/12/2013 11:23:49 PM] LHI: the music tends to be hard to sift through
    [11/12/2013 11:23:54 PM] LHI: they're not very precise
    [11/12/2013 11:24:10 PM] LHI: the synths, the lyric pronunciation
    [11/12/2013 11:26:42 PM] LHI: there's a lot of variation in tone as well
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  7. #4757
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    So if my preferences are mainstream that makes me S over N? Perfect. Guess I'm ESFP.
    Not exactly what I said, current not mainstream, just because it puts me in mind of popular culture doesn't mean I think it's mainstream. But it's more of a vibe, which MBTI LURVES.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    It's also the special snowflake bias towards Ns again. "Your taste isn't unique enough for you to be N! Your taste is more mainstream so you're an S!" blah blah blah. I mean, I don't think an ENFP would even try to have a really defined sense of style in musical taste. If all Ns really do purposefully try to have a unique taste in music, then let me be ESFP. I'd rather be able to listen to what I want rather than listen to certain music to build up an image of "vintage style." Having a type of style just seems fake to me, because if you really only listened to what you'd like then you would have a much more varied taste in music and art (not you specifically, I mean generally). I mean, I've talked to @Elfboy about music ranging from "fuck bitches get money" rap to elegant and dramatic opera. And then if you look at my library it ranges from Frederic Chopin to the Pokemon X soundtrack to Kelly Clarkson pop ballads. I like what I like, regardless of if it's "modern" or not. I always thought of that as the beauty of ENFPs (or EFPs in general) - we would have like a collection of trinkets from multiple worlds and bring them all into one because we simply felt like taking them.

    Edit: Oh, and if ENFPs supposedly listen to non-modern music because it's "deeper" or "more meaningful" then I would venture to say those "ENFPs" aren't even ENFPs. Isn't that another quality we value in ENFPs so much, being to pull meaning from anything and everything? If you put a Kelly Clarkson song in front of me right now I'd be able to break it out into heartfelt pieces at any possible minute.
    Wow. Well you are certainly Fi, I've never seen such indignation.

    Incidently any human being is able to pull meaning from anything and everything. The quality of Ne is about being able pull in different frameworks of information in order to create new avenues of potential. And those potentials have a quality to them, they aren't just random observations. Who cares about 'deeper'? My toilet bowl is deep.

    Also I never mentioned music, although it's an interesting thought. I always assumed music was personal and held any number of candidates for what someone likes, in other words people can enjoy sounds from any different genre at once, l agree with you on that account.

    As for special snowflake, well I don't think rarity, assuming type statistics can actually be trusted, makes something special in and of itself.
    I've also been one of the more vocal against type prejudice in the past.

    I think your reaction reveals more about your own biases, I'm the S here.

    Type is nothing more than modes of operation, individuals can be intelligent and insightful regardless of type, it's the way in which it is reached that is important.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  8. #4758
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Not exactly what I said, current not mainstream, just because it puts me in mind of popular culture doesn't mean I think it's mainstream. But it's more of a vibe, which MBTI LURVES.



    Wow. Well you are certainly Fi, I've never seen such indignation.

    Incidently any human being is able to pull meaning from anything and everything. The quality of Ne is about being able pull in different frameworks of information in order to create new avenues of potential. And those potentials have a quality to them, they aren't just random observations. Who cares about 'deeper'? My toilet bowl is deep.

    Also I never mentioned music, although it's an interesting thought. I always assumed music was personal and held any number of candidates for what someone likes, in other words people can enjoy sounds from any different genre at once, l agree with you on that account.

    As for special snowflake, well I don't think rarity, assuming type statistics can actually be trusted, makes something special in and of itself.
    I've also been one of the more vocal against type prejudice in the past.

    I think your reaction reveals more about your own biases, I'm the S here.

    Type is nothing more than modes of operation, individuals can be intelligent and insightful regardless of type, it's the way in which it is reached that is important.
    You're the weirdest ISFJ I've ever seen.

    To the bolded: Why don't you have a chat with him and see how it's like for yourself? I'm very sure you will change your opinion.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  9. #4759
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    @AffirmitiveAnxiety

    You are much more like an INFJ.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  10. #4760
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    @AffirmitiveAnxiety

    You are much more like an INFJ.
    AA looks like an INFJ in many ways to me as well, since he's a pretty diplomatic and idealistic guy who seems to give good thought to things, but I guess that really could be any type. He probably doesn't need us harrassing him about it too much anyway. AA puts even more stock in people's various opinion than I do, perhaps too much so, whereas I'm pretty expansive about those things to start with. Does all of this sound accurate to you @AffirmitiveAnxiety?

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 7005
    Last Post: Today, 08:13 PM
  2. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: 10-17-2017, 06:52 PM
  3. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO