User Tag List

First 373423463471472473474475483523573 Last

Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 7139

  1. #4721
    I am Fay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    2,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I don't understand how that's relevant to what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is regardless of whether you relate to someone or not, it doesn't affect your type is or what that person's type is. For example, I find myself relating a lot to Reese Witherspoon. Functionally, we're complete opposites (ENFJ vs ENFP). But then again I don't relate to Jack White despite the fact that we're both probably ENFP. And the only 7w6 I can say I actually relate to is Gwen Stefani.

    "Must be gut-second then, because I can't relate to his seemingly maverick-esque approach to life." - Just because you can't relate to a part of someone's life does not mean it's an indicator about their personality. Correlation, not causation. That was my point. I mean there are other ways to justify that he's gut-second, just not how much you relate to him.
    We choose to like someone, or relate to someone based on our similarities. And I believe functions can be very important in directing person's mind and the way he presents himself. So I would disagree with you... I think relating or not relating to someone can give you some clue about your type. I am not saying you should type yourself just based on this one clue, but it might actually be a good starting point. For example I usually very much relate to any Fi types, when I just here an Fi person talk I always think "That's my kind of a person!" I feel the same about 4s. BTW I think Reese is an ESFJ, then relating to here Si/Ne would make much better sense for you as an ENFP.
    4w3-7w6-1w9 so/sx

  2. #4722
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I suppose I can see not relating to part of a persons life, but what areas would you relate to? Say if this 'jack white' you speak of was an ENFP like yourself.

    How do you see that he is ENFP? Meaning what parts DO you associate with ENFP, functionally or otherwise? There must be similarities somewhere in a pattern based system right?
    I relate to how he presents himself in interviews, which is probably something more common among ENFPs. But I don't relate to his darker "vibe" or the low-key voice he has in his music, which is probably more of an artistic choice. I doubt all ENFPs would go for the same exact style as him (I think Carly Rae Jepsen is ENFP as well), but I'm not going to use what I don't relate to about him as a way to push him away from my type. It's like saying, "that person isn't similar enough to me! They can't share the same type as me!" Because people will always be different from each other, whether or not they share the same type. In this case, just because Stansmith doesn't relate to DJ's "lifestyle" or whatever doesn't necessarily signify something about DJ's type, because it's not like all 6w7s are going to go about living life the same way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    We choose to like someone, or relate to someone based on our similarities. And I believe functions can be very important in directing person's mind and the way he presents himself. So I would disagree with you... I think relating or not relating to someone can give you some clue about your type. I am not saying you should type yourself just based on this one clue, but it might actually be a good starting point. For example I usually very much relate to any Fi types, when I just here an Fi person talk I always think "That's my kind of a person!" I feel the same about 4s. BTW I think Reese is an ESFJ, then relating to here Si/Ne would make much better sense for you as an ENFP.
    Okay, let me pull up a list of people I relate to and what I think their types are, both celebrities and fictional characters (I'll include why too just so you can see why I relate to them):

    Reese Witherspoon (ENFJ) - passionate about what she does, friendly, socially skilled, genuine human who makes mistakes, etc.
    Jennifer Lawrence (ENFJ) - funny, pleasant and quick-thinking at the same time, doesn't take herself too seriously, etc.
    Sasha Braus (ESFP) - spontaneous, approaches things from a unique angle, modest about her skill, forgetful of what's proper or not, etc.
    Makoto Tachibana (ISFJ) - soothing, calming, puts on a happy front, concerned about his friends, loyal, helps keep people together, etc.
    Kelly Clarkson (ENFP) - happy and bubbly, scatterbrained and "not all there," people-pleasing, upfront about what she believes, love-oriented, etc.
    Ariana Grande (ENFP) - happy and bubbly, fun, willing to stand up for her loved ones, doesn't forget who her friends are, etc.
    Rachel Greene (ESFJ) - greatly concerned about love, emotional, concerned about others, natural, etc.
    Donna Pinciotti (ESTP) - fighting against social conventions, marches to the beat of her own drum, fun and silly while also having opinions and passion
    Akane Kurashiki (INFP) - passionate about achieving an ideal outcome, sticks up for her ideals, sometimes forgets how she's affecting others, etc.
    Aoi Asahina (ENFJ) - genuinely loyal to her friends, self-sacrificial, emotional, strives for win-win situations, feels things deeply
    Brendon Urie (ENTP) - quirky, fast-talking, on the fly, spontaneous, engaging, speaks before thinking, etc.

    So from this list of people I relate to, what would you say my type is? There's really only two ENFPs there, but all of them have attributes I relate to regardless of type. So even though I relate to them it doesn't really prove anything about our types. Most of my reasons could probably be attributed to ENFP-ish or so/sx-ish stuff, but that's why I relate to them. But if I were to say I just don't relate to someone because of how he lives their life, it doesn't prove anything about his type or mine because people live their lives in different ways regardless of their type. Really pure relation can't prove anything (relating to how someone lives their life, their style or artistic choices, etc). It's the traits you see in someone you relate to that can say something about your type, which is basically the same as listing qualities you see in yourself which can be independent from relation.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #4723
    I am Fay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    2,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post



    Okay, let me pull up a list of people I relate to and what I think their types are, both celebrities and fictional characters (I'll include why too just so you can see why I relate to them):

    Reese Witherspoon (ENFJ) - passionate about what she does, friendly, socially skilled, genuine human who makes mistakes, etc.
    Jennifer Lawrence (ENFJ) - funny, pleasant and quick-thinking at the same time, doesn't take herself too seriously, etc.
    Sasha Braus (ESFP) - spontaneous, approaches things from a unique angle, modest about her skill, forgetful of what's proper or not, etc.
    Makoto Tachibana (ISFJ) - soothing, calming, puts on a happy front, concerned about his friends, loyal, helps keep people together, etc.
    Kelly Clarkson (ENFP) - happy and bubbly, scatterbrained and "not all there," people-pleasing, upfront about what she believes, love-oriented, etc.
    Ariana Grande (ENFP) - happy and bubbly, fun, willing to stand up for her loved ones, doesn't forget who her friends are, etc.
    Rachel Greene (ESFJ) - greatly concerned about love, emotional, concerned about others, natural, etc.
    Donna Pinciotti (ESTP) - fighting against social conventions, marches to the beat of her own drum, fun and silly while also having opinions and passion
    Akane Kurashiki (INFP) - passionate about achieving an ideal outcome, sticks up for her ideals, sometimes forgets how she's affecting others, etc.
    Aoi Asahina (ENFJ) - genuinely loyal to her friends, self-sacrificial, emotional, strives for win-win situations, feels things deeply
    Brendon Urie (ENTP) - quirky, fast-talking, on the fly, spontaneous, engaging, speaks before thinking, etc.

    So from this list of people I relate to, what would you say my type is? There's really only two ENFPs there, but all of them have attributes I relate to regardless of type. So even though I relate to them it doesn't really prove anything about our types. Most of my reasons could probably be attributed to ENFP-ish or so/sx-ish stuff, but that's why I relate to them. But if I were to say I just don't relate to someone because of how he lives their life, it doesn't prove anything about his type or mine because people live their lives in different ways regardless of their type. Really pure relation can't prove anything (relating to how someone lives their life, their style or artistic choices, etc). It's the traits you see in someone you relate to that can say something about your type, which is basically the same as listing qualities you see in yourself which can be independent from relation.
    I actually think all the people you relate to and the fact you relate so much to the Fe types, points out, that you're 2, or you have very strong 2 heart fix and it really can reveal something about you... I only dislike that you mentioned the reasons you like them could be attributed with ENFPs...I can't really relate to any attribute you mentioned...I really dislike when someone describe ENFPs as that happy bubbly types...It's just so totally against of who I believe I am. I hate hate hate this stereotype...I hate so much I don't wanna be an ENFP, but unfortunately it seems like I am
    4w3-7w6-1w9 so/sx

  4. #4724
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I actually think all the people you relate to and the fact you relate so much to the Fe types, points out, that you're 2, or you have very strong 2 heart fix and it really can reveal something about you... I only dislike that you mentioned the reasons you like them could be attributed with ENFPs...I can't really relate to any attribute you mentioned...I really dislike when someone describe ENFPs as that happy bubbly types...It's just so totally against of who I believe I am.
    I didn't say all of those attributes could be attributed to ENFPs. I think "marches to the beat of her own drum" or "upfront about what she believes" or "approaches things from a unique angle" or "scatterbrained" could be very common EFP qualities. I was implying that the bubbly and happy qualities were more so/sx than ENFP. I'm actually a bit offended you would think I would think of ENFPs (or any type for that matter) in a way that online descriptions often describe them.

    Also, what do you think it says about me? Because right now I'm thinking that my 2ish interest and style in love and relationships stems more from my 7ish desire to not want to miss out on the joys of life.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  5. #4725
    I am Fay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    2,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I didn't say all of those attributes could be attributed to ENFPs. I think "marches to the beat of her own drum" or "upfront about what she believes" or "approaches things from a unique angle" or "scatterbrained" could be very common EFP qualities. I was implying that the bubbly and happy qualities were more so/sx than ENFP. I'm actually a bit offended you would think I would think of ENFPs (or any type for that matter) in a way that online descriptions often describe them.

    Also, what do you think it says about me? Because right now I'm thinking that my 2ish interest and style in love and relationships stems more from my 7ish desire to not want to miss out on the joys of life.
    Okay I am sorry I didn't want to offend you, I just really can get med when people brings out this kind of attributes, but I didn't mean it like you don't know more, than internet descriptions. I believe you know much about MBTI. I said what I thought your liking someone might say about your type, but I don't know if I can answer your 7 vs. 2 question. Enjoying the joys of life is not only a 7 thing, I believe 2s can also be a pleasure seeking type... I think it's more about. Where do you hope you find the joy? Do you believe you can find it around people, in relationship, in relating and sharing with someone else,or are you more oriented toward the joy you can find in crazy adventurous, changes, freedom? I think the basic difference between 7 and 2 is, that 7 would probably feel a bit uncomfortable with the idea of relationship commitment. The relationship for 7s can seem as a limiting thing, while 2s desperately need someone to share their joys with. My 7 head fix is extremly strong and I know what I am talking about...relationship for 7s can really be too limiting. Their unhealthy need to escape can turn out right in this kinds of situations, when they are commited to one person.
    4w3-7w6-1w9 so/sx

  6. #4726
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Okay I am sorry I didn't want to offend you, I just really can get med when people brings out this kind of attributes, but I didn't mean it like you don't know more, than internet descriptions. I believe you know much about MBTI. I said what I thought your liking someone might say about your type, but I don't know if I can answer your 7 vs. 2 question. Enjoying the joys of life is not only a 7 thing, I believe 2s can also be a pleasure seeking type... I think it's more about. Where do you hope you find the joy? Do you believe you can find it around people, in relationship, in relating and sharing with someone else,or are you more oriented toward the joy you can find in crazy adventurous, changes, freedom? I think the basic difference between 7 and 2 is, that 7 would probably feel a bit uncomfortable with the idea of relationship commitment. The relationship for 7s can seem as a limiting thing, while 2s desperately need someone to share their joys with. My 7 head fix is extremly strong and I know what I am talking about...relationship for 7s can really be too limiting. Their unhealthy need to escape can turn out right in this kinds of situations, when they are commited to one person.
    I think my main problem is that I'm attracted to the idea of committed relationships and in an ideal world I'd be in a loving and committed relationship, but when the opportunity comes for me to actually enter a relationship I get scared that I'm settling for less than what I could get and run away from it. So I'm a relationship-oriented person and find happiness when I'm in a relationship with someone, I just worry over if I'll be entirely happy with that person in the future or if I'll find someone else that I'll like more.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  7. #4727
    I am Fay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    2,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I think my main problem is that I'm attracted to the idea of committed relationships and in an ideal world I'd be in a loving and committed relationship, but when the opportunity comes for me to actually enter a relationship I get scared that I'm settling for less than what I could get and run away from it. So I'm a relationship-oriented person and find happiness when I'm in a relationship with someone, I just worry over if I'll be entirely happy with that person in the future or if I'll find someone else that I'll like more.
    heh I have the same problem. The only difference is I don't think I am so relationship oriented. I think it has to do something with being an ENFP that seeks a romantic ideal, that would also match the future ideal, but it's hard to choose, because of our natural tendecny to think ..."what if".
    4w3-7w6-1w9 so/sx

  8. #4728
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    heh I have the same problem. The only difference is I don't think I am so relationship oriented. I think it has to do something with being an ENFP that seeks a romantic ideal, that would also match the future ideal, but it's hard to choose, because of our natural tendecny to think ..."what if".
    Most definitely. I also have a problem with thinking that I don't really have that many standards for guys but then someone asked me the other day "well, what if you do and you just don't know it?" It was an "oh shit" moment for me.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  9. #4729
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Over the past several weeks I have been reading this thread and the only word I can use to describe is: infamous. The first part was a shit load of fun: you had Jack Flak's rampages and the epic SolitaryWalker story arc - without warning SW dropped a nuke and created several hundred posts in response. It happened on page 45 - the event was just like Operation Barbarossa. It came from nowhere, was devastating and enormous and left a shit ton of carnage which took a long time to clear up and ended up leaving countless dead. Unfortunately just like the WW2 it jumped the shark after that point and since then it has been several hundred pages of petty squabbles and mud throwing with the sound bite of a generation being "Lark is a Si-dom".

    Where is the passion? Where has the sheer audacity and unempathetic delivery evaporated to? In the words of Cicero himself: "Oh the times! Oh the customs!" Can we have some more first class quality drama over here please?

  10. #4730
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Unlikely. This sort of tepid vomit is what you're reduced to digesting when you ban the talent.
    Beige stiffs, 1 cup does not a drama make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: 10-17-2017, 06:52 PM
  2. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6982
    Last Post: 10-16-2017, 03:36 PM
  3. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO