Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 7100

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I typed as sx-last for a very long time because of this, till I figured out that "having sex" isn't what the sx-instinct is about. If you're thinking it is, sorry...but it's more about the "spark"--which doesn't have to be sexual at all. In fact, as you also know, some manifestations of instincts are the "anti" form of that instinct; my reasons for being this way I have already discussed with you.

If you have another recommendation, please let me know what it is.
    I remember someone here who kept insisting, in post after post aimed at me, that sx means "has sex." Was that you?
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

I think Ivy is a guardian! Deleted my damn picture like a grudge.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Summary of SX instinct

primary concern - intense experiences, connections, and contacts, wide-ranging and exploratory, in order to find something to “complete” them inside (sky diving, deep conversations, exciting movies)
    primary focus - people and attractions promising intense energy and charge
    primary ambition - looking outside themselves for the person or situation that will complete them, and then obsessing over that completing element
    primary stresses - lack of intense mental or emotional stimulation, lack of an intense connection or experience
    coping methods (unhealthy) - scattered attention, lack of focus, sexual promiscuity, intensely avoiding intense experiences and connections with a fearful and dysfunctional attitude toward sex, intimacy, and other intense “completing” experiences, as is skewed by the secondary instinct
    Maybe this is the case with @Sanjuro, if she considers herself unhealthy? I don't know how accurate this summary is, and I'm not familiar with this person at all, but I remember reading a post of hers that seemed very sx 4.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    I think Ivy is a guardian! Deleted my damn picture like a grudge.
    sort of like how everybody thinks their mother is an ISFJ, everybody thinks the madmins here are SJs when they get their crap removed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    sort of like how everybody thinks their mother is an ISFJ, everybody thinks the madmins here are SJs when they get their crap removed.
    What if someone is convinced on of y'all is an SJ with no content vendetta to speak of?

Also, there needs to be some sort of forum PSA to get people past the whole sensorism thing.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Also, there needs to be some sort of forum PSA to get people past the whole sensorism thing.
    QFT
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

What if someone is convinced on of y'all is an SJ with no content vendetta to speak of?
    Not a problem. It just helps if it's not based entirely on information gathered while being moderated. You'd have to know more about me than "she removed one of my precious posts!" And I've investigated the possibility pretty thoroughly myself, so it's not like it would be something shameful- but I have a little more info about myself than some guy who is just mad about being moderated.

Agreed. I didn't mean to imply there's something wrong with being typed as SJ, but for a lot of especially INTPs (this happened A LOT on INTPCentral) SJ is shorthand for "someone I don't like."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Agreed. I didn't mean to imply there's something wrong with being typed as SJ, but for a lot of especially INTPs (this happened A LOT on INTPCentral) SJ is shorthand for "someone I don't like."
    I don't know that it happens very much any more, but it happened a lot when I first joined. At one point, I created a thread determined to root out "secret ESFJs" for the LOLs (this was more recently.). Currently, I changed my type there to ESFJ.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I don't know that it happens very much any more, but it happened a lot when I first joined. At one point, I created a thread determined to root out "secret ESFJs" for the LOLs (this was more recently.). Currently, I changed my type there to ESFJ.
    This forum is all about getting more and more LOLs for you, isn't it.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    This forum is all about getting more and more LOLs for you, isn't it.
    Actually, no, it isn't. That's more what I use the other forum for. I actually find i have more intellectual discussions and "self finding" stuff going on here... I think the typological diversity helps, instead of always bumping up against everyone else's inferior Fe.

If you're upset about the Black Knight thread, I'm sorry if I was harsh, but I did find the thread kind of ridiculous. It wasn't a power game or anything, it was just that I thought the concept was ridiculous. I suppose I did not give enough consideration to your feelings, and I apologize. Sometimes with stuff like that, I focus too much on the ideas presented, and the actual person who believes in them kind of recedes into the background.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :D
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)