Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 7139

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

RaptorWizard, pretty much no matter what he types as, always gets accused by an angry mob that he's mistyped, and as such, please form in a frenzied insect hive mentality, get your torches and pitchforks out, and start the riot, because I'm now asking again what type everyone sees this amazing life form as being!

I'll go through the list of the most popular to least popular typings people have given me, in that order: INTP, ISTP, ENTP, INTJ, INFJ... and after that, it's pretty much out of the picture.
    Everyone who calls me an ISTP says I'm in a TiNi Loop, and also that I'm a 5w4, since if I'm a sensor, the only way I can get uber-esoteric is having both Ni and 4 somewhere.
    The people who call me INTP have been well-mixed between 5w4 and 5w6. Those who have called me ENTP say 7w8. For INTJ and INFJ, enneagrams haven't really been mentioned.

Whatever type I may be, it's the ultimate power in the whole world, with the supernatural skill to hack the system or 'meta-game' it (pretty much altering a program and breaking the fundamental laws of the system).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    RaptorWizard, pretty much no matter what he types as, always gets accused by an angry mob that he's mistyped, and as such, please form in a frenzied insect hive mentality, get your torches and pitchforks out, and start the riot, because I'm now asking again what type everyone sees this amazing life form as being!

I'll go through the list of the most popular to least popular typings people have given me, in that order: INTP, ISTP, ENTP, INTJ, INFJ... and after that, it's pretty much out of the picture.
    Everyone who calls me an ISTP says I'm in a TiNi Loop, and also that I'm a 5w4, since if I'm a sensor, the only way I can get uber-esoteric is having both Ni and 4 somewhere.
    The people who call me INTP have been well-mixed between 5w4 and 5w6. Those who have called me ENTP say 7w8. For INTJ and INFJ, enneagrams haven't really been mentioned.
    I honestly have no idea. I feel like your posting has become more incisive as time has gone on, though. There was a time that I was on the ISTP bandwagon, but I'm not sure that's correct anymore. I admire how positive you always manage to be, though. Perhaps ENTP e7 does fit. I think if I had to pick your female equivalent it would probably be @LunaLuminosity, and she types herself as ENTP.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Fair enough. But it's only fair to expect someone to ask about you when you ask about them, and to want to understand what you are doing. If you'd like to message me with the specific questions you asked and your responses and what different responses would indicate, or just the latter (what you think different answers would mean), I can better evaluate whether I think it makes sense. Otherwise I can only say you might be right and you might not. Logic is a matter of opinion to some extent because 1) it is a subjective introverted function if we are talking about Ti, 2) anyone can use false premises, 3) anyone can make mistakes which another person may pick up on, and 4) applying a logical argument to anything in reality is risky with highly variable results. I don't believe my use of "logic" with regard to anything is flawless, nor do I believe anyone's is.
    Of course the use of logic is not flawless. But it's not subjective in the sense you mean. When Jung uses the term "subjective" (which he often does), think "a priori," or "formal," which means it is necessary for thinking to take place. Or let's say, it is one-half of what is necessary for thought, the other half of which is the content of thought. Form and content, subject and object, logic and fact, a priori and a posteriori.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Of course the use of logic is not flawless. But it's not subjective in the sense you mean. When Jung uses the term "subjective" (which he often does), think "a priori," or "formal," which means it is necessary for thinking to take place. Or let's say, it is one-half of what is necessary for thought, the other half of which is the content of thought. Form and content, subject and object, logic and fact, a priori and a posteriori.
    Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I categorize it as such though. All the introverted functions are subjective in the sense that their content is only known to the subject, i.e. person in whose personality the functions exist. So thinking, feeling, sensing, and intuition will be filtered through the subject's own personal experiences and biases. While logic and reasoning have an objective quality, they cannot ever entirely escape the subjective quality of existing in a person unless they are translated into words and subjected to group evaluation; in which case they approximate ultimate objectivity more closely, but are merely subject to collective experiences and biases.

Me. Typed as: xNTP, then ENFP, then ENFJ, then INFP, then ISFP, then ESFJ, then ESFP.

Help.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

@pinkgraffiti No I'm not picking on you, but during our last conversation I saw a lot of black-and-white thinking which is more typical of J's than P's. I'll go with ENFJ for your type.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

@pinkgraffiti No I'm not picking on you, but during our last conversation I saw a lot of black-and-white thinking which is more typical of J's than P's. I'll go with ENFJ for your type.
    Wow, you associate black and white thinking with "J"? That shows that your understanding of typology is quite rudimentary, black and white thinking is a symptom of intellectual immaturity. Any person with highly developed critical thinking skills generally understands that most dichotomies are false and have a more nuanced understanding of theoretical topics they comment on. One's level of intellectual sophistication has little to do with the P/J discrepancy, it would probably be more applicable to the N/S discrepancy, if anything. However, even there, the assessment is rather superficial because a Sensing preference generally does not prevent one from developing their critical thinking capabilities.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

did i ask you to type me? i know my type. thanks. bye.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Wow, you associate black and white thinking with "J"?
    Yes.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Yes.
    Well, keep gorging on Keirsey's literature and good luck to you.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/