User Tag List

Page 461 of 701 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511561 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

  1. #4601
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Well but, if I was INFJ, wouldn't I seem a lot like other INFJ's? People use that as a reason for me not being INTP, that I don't seem like any other INTP they've met. However, I don't recall offhand more than once or twice an INFJ on here has said they really relate to what I've written, but that's happened lot with NTP's. I could still be one, but that's inconsistent.

  2. #4602
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,929

    Default

    @greenfairy I don't think you're really that much like anybody I've ever seen (except maybe some people in the Lightworkers community and similar humanity-healing groups), but if it's about which type(s) are closest to you or fit you best, you seem a lot more like the NFs than any other type.

    I remember last year in 2012, people made lots of comments in your threads about how all of your spirituality and soul-seeking was very NF (and then people got tired after awhile of telling you the same thing).

    If necessary, I can do a bit of necromancy to bring these things into context, but I'll do it on your go-ahead.

  3. #4603
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Well but, if I was INFJ, wouldn't I seem a lot like other INFJ's? People use that as a reason for me not being INTP, that I don't seem like any other INTP they've met. However, I don't recall offhand more than once or twice an INFJ on here has said they really relate to what I've written, but that's happened lot with NTP's. I could still be one, but that's inconsistent.
    I know an ISFP on here who comes across on the forum as ISTJ.

    Whodathunk?
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

  4. #4604
    my floof is luxury Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Someone just suggested INFJ for me, and so I was thinking about it again. I don't think I really seem like any of the INFJ's on here. My sense of humor seems different, they seem to me to be far more socially conscious, and I am much less private. I wonder if I remind anyone of INFJ's? I'm still not ruling it out, although I think more things point toward other conclusions.
    I'd stipulate to INFJ. Otherwise, I think youre so/sp, rather than sp first. The energy of the so variant may be why you think youre a perceiver.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth


    #phreephobik

  5. #4605
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    19,224

    Default

    I'm thinking the most popular types on this forum are bi polar and boarderline at the moment

  6. #4606
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I remember last year in 2012, people made lots of comments in your threads about how all of your spirituality and soul-seeking was very NF
    You do have a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    (and then people got tired after awhile of telling you the same thing).
    I don't need to hear the same thing over and over. I need to hear new arguments, counterarguments to my lines of reasoning, and resolutions to inconsistencies. I don't make decisions and come to conclusions just based on popular opinion, or on what "feels right." I make decisions/come to conclusions according to what makes sense to me, which is usually categorized as a Thinking preference; but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    If necessary, I can do a bit of necromancy to bring these things into context, but I'll do it on your go-ahead.
    No, please don't.

  7. #4607
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    You do have a point.
    It's good we're getting somewhere with this.

    I don't need to hear the same thing over and over. I need to hear new arguments, counterarguments to my lines of reasoning, and resolutions to inconsistencies. I don't make decisions and come to conclusions just based on popular opinion, or on what "feels right." I make decisions/come to conclusions according to what makes sense to me, which is usually categorized as a Thinking preference; but whatever.
    I'm no expert, but I've seen a few experts say that people with Ti or Fi as a dominant function have their own ways of looking at things, and how they will stubbornly cling to these veiws since their internal world is so heavily defined by them (Ti as 'reasoning', and Fi as 'values'). I don't know how accurate that is, but it's one perspective on your point.

    No, please don't.
    I guess I'm not a wizard anymore!

  8. #4608
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I'm no expert, but I've seen a few experts say that people with Ti or Fi as a dominant function have their own ways of looking at things, and how they will stubbornly cling to these veiws since their internal world is so heavily defined by them (Ti as 'reasoning', and Fi as 'values'). I don't know how accurate that is, but it's one perspective on your point.
    I've heard this too, but like I say, I would reject a belief of mine if it could be shown that it doesn't make sense or my reasoning is flawed. If you or anyone else can show me that either of these things is true, I'll be perfectly open to changing my mind. It doesn't seem like people want to do that though. Most of the time when I try to engage in a critical discussion and examine whether people's reasoning (either mine or theirs) makes sense, the other person runs away. And I'm not arrogant or insulting or anything; I've become a lot more reasonable than I was when I was first on here. It's usually INTP's who do this, and I don't know why. They're supposed to like arguing. And I can't believe I have to tell Ti doms that I can only make decisions if I understand the reasoning and logic behind it. They act like I can see into their minds and I should just accept the opinion of every person who disagrees with my type, even though people say different things. I was just in a discussion with Mal+ in which he asked me some questions and then based on my responses concluded INFJ, but he wouldn't tell me what his responses were (as an INTP); so I can't validate whether what he says makes sense or not.

  9. #4609
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I've heard this too, but like I say, I would reject a belief of mine if it could be shown that it doesn't make sense or my reasoning is flawed. If you or anyone else can show me that either of these things is true, I'll be perfectly open to changing my mind. It doesn't seem like people want to do that though. Most of the time when I try to engage in a critical discussion and examine whether people's reasoning (either mine or theirs) makes sense, the other person runs away. And I'm not arrogant or insulting or anything; I've become a lot more reasonable than I was when I was first on here. It's usually INTP's who do this, and I don't know why. They're supposed to like arguing. And I can't believe I have to tell Ti doms that I can only make decisions if I understand the reasoning and logic behind it. They act like I can see into their minds and I should just accept the opinion of every person who disagrees with my type, even though people say different things. I was just in a discussion with Mal+ in which he asked me some questions and then based on my responses concluded INFJ, but he wouldn't tell me what his responses were (as an INTP); so I can't validate whether what he says makes sense or not.
    I can PM you private emotional responses which I trust you won't share.

    I don't reveal my private feelings. You do. There's another difference between us.

    As for opinions, I don't know; Is logic a matter of opinion?
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

  10. #4610
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I can PM you private emotional responses which I trust you won't share.

    I don't reveal my private feelings. You do. There's another difference between us.

    As for opinions, I don't know; Is logic a matter of opinion?
    Fair enough. But it's only fair to expect someone to ask about you when you ask about them, and to want to understand what you are doing. If you'd like to message me with the specific questions you asked and your responses and what different responses would indicate, or just the latter (what you think different answers would mean), I can better evaluate whether I think it makes sense. Otherwise I can only say you might be right and you might not. Logic is a matter of opinion to some extent because 1) it is a subjective introverted function if we are talking about Ti, 2) anyone can use false premises, 3) anyone can make mistakes which another person may pick up on, and 4) applying a logical argument to anything in reality is risky with highly variable results. I don't believe my use of "logic" with regard to anything is flawless, nor do I believe anyone's is.

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6674
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •