• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Jen is a...

I dunno. that "Can you relate to me" outburst seemed really... uhh... EF. I guess.
Thankfully I've found better more constructive things to do with my time. ;)
Since Jen is asking, I say she seems very ENFJ, her eyes seem very Fe to me but then again she says she is very introverted and she would be the one to know herself better.
I can be, but when around people for too long I really have to get away from them or I turn into a meanie. My energy comes from being alone but there are times when I like to be with people. I found this pic of my eyes in this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/bonfire/387-peeper-pics-2.html. My Husband insists my eyes are green but to me they are blue. Is he color blind?

JenEyes-1-1.jpg
Agreed.

I get the same vibe from Jen, that I get from my dad (ENFJ). My dad is quite the clean freak.

*Thinks he must stop agreeing with everything Heart posts*
On the surface I am a "clean freak", just don't open any drawers or closets if you value your life. ;)
Jen, I think some people around here may be under the misguided notion that mom who does hair and makeup = ESFJ.

But, part of that may be due to the fact that a lot of them are very young and rarely if ever leave their mom's basement.

See, I can stereotype too.
:happy0065: wow Jeff. That was very intuitive of you. There may be hope for you yet.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually disagree. It's harder for me to type people now, because there's so much variation in behavior within type.
Whereas before I'd just type people and be wrong more often.

I find it to depend on the person.

Some people actually gets easier, it's not an empirical tree structure but rather an intuitive feel: You're collecting lots on instinctive data points about someone, but it's less about the points themselves and more about the relationship between the points, what is larger, what is smaller, the context, and other things.

I don't know. Either I am full of it, or you just learn to develop a sense of those patterns of traits.

Example: This guy I saw once recently? I met him on MySpace. When I first met him, just based on his profile and the sort of things he put there, I was figuring him an ENFP or something. (That was based on limited data points, and the obvious ones -- the cliches.)

But within about 15-20 minutes of talking to him on the phone (maybe less, I'm not sure), despite his high degree of openness in conversation, I was guessing he was ISTJ instead. That feeling only got stronger the longer we talked.

Sure enough, when I went to his house for dinner, it was just SO bad -- the cliche ISTJ. Clinched it beyond belief, as soon as I saw him, his yard, and his house, and the things in it, and how he behaved all night. It was crazy... one of the most Si+Te people I have ever met.

So beware the initial data points and using them as isolated reference points to pinpoint type. It's the relationship between different types of points that paints the picture.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ajblaise has a pattern of calling any well-kempt girl an ESFJ. Your basement theory is plausible.

It's not just that. It's something in the eyes, which I think is a vital part when it comes to visual ID.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
entropie's an ENTj (in socionics, at least)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I find it to depend on the person.

Some people actually gets easier, it's not an empirical tree structure but rather an intuitive feel: You're collecting lots on instinctive data points about someone, but it's less about the points themselves and more about the relationship between the points, what is larger, what is smaller, the context, and other things.

I don't know. Either I am full of it, or you just learn to develop a sense of those patterns of traits.

Example: This guy I saw once recently? I met him on MySpace. When I first met him, just based on his profile and the sort of things he put there, I was figuring him an ENFP or something. (That was based on limited data points, and the obvious ones -- the cliches.)

But within about 15-20 minutes of talking to him on the phone (maybe less, I'm not sure), despite his high degree of openness in conversation, I was guessing he was ISTJ instead. That feeling only got stronger the longer we talked.

Sure enough, when I went to his house for dinner, it was just SO bad -- the cliche ISTJ. Clinched it beyond belief, as soon as I saw him, his yard, and his house, and the things in it, and how he behaved all night. It was crazy... one of the most Si+Te people I have ever met.

So beware the initial data points and using them as isolated reference points to pinpoint type. It's the relationship between different types of points that paints the picture.
Seriously! That's freaky!
He was the complete opposite online! Amazing!

There must be some kind of Ni we can derive from that! :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
:happy0065: wow Jeff. That was very intuitive of you. There may be hope for you yet.

Nah, not intuitive. Observant. But that's more proof that you're intuitive. ;) My observation is that intuitives tend to default to the belief that insight = intuitive, when actually it can be intuitive OR observant. In my case, it's much more likely to be observant, because I'm much more accurate that way.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, and I'm tired of typing "intuitive" because it never looks right. But anyway, there ya go.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
entropie's an ENTj (in socionics, at least)

From Socionics about the ENTj:

"ENTjs often have full lips and a characteristic salesman like smile. Their bone structures normally give them their square shape figures. Their faces too are often square in shape and the facial structure itself often has many small details. Their eyes are constantly darting about rarely remaining on one object for any period of time. ENTjs typically tend to have a bouncing gait. The more hyperactive they are the more noticeable this becomes."

----

Haha, great ! :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It's not just that. It's something in the eyes, which I think is a vital part when it comes to visual ID.

Are you sure this might not have something more to do with features of eyes accentuated by makeup?

S

Sniffles

On online tests I keep scoring as INFP. But most people classify me as INFJ. So far, nobody has really challenged that.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Are you sure this might not have something more to do with features of eyes accentuated by makeup?

hmm I haven't thought about how makeup might effect it... I'm sure it does.

It's just that in high school and in college and after college I've been around A LOT, too many, ESFJ and ESFP girls... I like to think that I know the type very well.

Concerning Jen, it seems that most people think she's an ENFJ, and she doesn't seem to have a problem with that, so I guess there is a decent chance that someone who hates to be called an Sensor might not be one.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
hmm I haven't thought about how makeup might effect it... I'm sure it does.

It's just that in high school and in college and after college I've been around A LOT, too many, ESFJ and ESFP girls... I like to think that I know the type very well.

Many of the girls who go to my school look exactly the same. This is because they all wear the same makeup the same way. I'm sure that if they stripped away their makeup, they'd all look much more different from each other.

Take this as you will.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
On online tests I keep scoring as INFP. But people often classify me as INFJ. So far, nobody has really challenged that.

They are afraid of you, because people are afraid of INFJ's. Well I do not know, if all people are but I am :D

Jokes aside, I would give you the NF + IJ tag. I can relate to your posts in the forums often and they always are thought through. That makes your answers emit some sort of security and definiteness, I am used of J-types posts and I either find disgusting or intriguing.

As it goes for your facial ID, I would give you the advice to go a little bit more easy on lipgloss next time, it's disgusting :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Many of the girls who go to my school look exactly the same. This is because they all wear the same makeup the same way. I'm sure that if they stripped away their makeup, they'd all look much more different from each other.

Take this as you will.

I'm sure there were a lot of non-ESFJ's and the like I over looked... because since ESFJ's and ESFP's dominate the other types of girls might somehow blend in and maybe even try to act like their girl peers.

What would tell me a girl wasn't that type, is if at a party or something she was hanging with some oddball group of people, no makeup, a little artsy or emo looking..

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What would tell me a girl wasn't that type, is if at a party or something she was hanging with some oddball group of people, no makeup, a little artsy or emo looking..

This has proven to me to be no reliable stereotype. I eventually noticed that all of the ganja smokers I used to hang around with were SJ or SP. :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
On online tests I keep scoring as INFP. But most people classify me as INFJ. So far, nobody has really challenged that.
Would you be interested in taking another online test?
It's tougher for we veterans to skew because there are three choices per question.

Discordia

S

Sniffles

Thanks for the kind words entropie. What posts of mine do you find disgusting? :D

As it goes for your facial ID, I would give you the advice to go a little bit more easy on lipgloss next time, it's disgusting :D

ROTFL!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
This has proven to me to be no reliable stereotype. I eventually noticed that all of the ganja smokers I used to hang around with were SJ or SP. :D

I haven't met too many SJ smokers, besides the kind that will smoke a blunt just to get more fucked up when drunk.

I've been around maybe 100+ weed smokers, the types that are most into it are: NPs, SPs, NTs, and NF's.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I haven't met too many SJ smokers, besides the kind that will smoke a blunt just to get more fucked up when drunk.

I've been around maybe 100+ weed smokers, the types that are most into it are: NPs, SPs, NTs, and NF's.

Well, I do not know. This can be true or can not be true, the only thing that is true is that further proof is needed. And that is why I personally would not give much about steoreotypes, like "N-types" being mavericks to common society or facial ID's

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Entropie seems ENTP to me.

Peguy: *shrug* "You're weird." lol.