veteran attention whore Array Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I just can't believe you spent that much time on it. I'm sure that you probably enjoyed doing it, though.
    Hmmm..BlueWing = ISTP?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Tenured roisterer Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Default Magic's True type.

In my previous piece I have drawn the reader's attention to how comfortably he uses the Feeling faculty. How easily it is evoked in situations where there seem to be little stimuli for Feeling. This is anathema for a 'Thinking preferrence'. A Thinking type is one who is in closest naturaly affinity with Thinking and in least natural affinity with Feeling. Therefore his Feeling is not easily evoked.

Below I shall offer more reasons to believe that Magic's Feeling is very easily evoked.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...10-post63.html

Here we witness a confrontation between two members. Member B holds that member A has launched an implicit insult. Member responds with an explicit insult.

Magic explains the situation as follows.

AdmiralBabe, I feel I must explain some things.

"His rhetorical questions may have seemed to be rather offensive in the "I thought all black people loved fried chicken" sort of way, but they were open questions never the less. A simple "no" to his silly question would be fine.As absurd as the pretense of his ideas may seem, he is being cordial and constructive about it. Your throwing profanities at someone is not the way to do things"

Thus magic states that it is not clear that the insults were explicit. Yet he does not phrase this as I did, or as a logician would. He is very fuzzy about it and habitually makes his value judgments along the way. 'Rather offensive'. 'would be fine' 'silly questions'.

"If what he was doing really was an attack and an insult, then be the better person. Two wrongs don't make a right. Your response was indeed much more inflammatory than anything he's said, and it could have caused escalation. Don't make matters worse."

The quoted piece above in combination with this one evince a value judgment. He preaches, "two wrongs dont make a right" "Dont make matters worse". He offers his values as guidance.

"I am quite familiar with how a lot of user feels about BlueWing, but don't let it get the better of you and don't let it derail the forum."

Once more, personal advice. Founded on value judgment. Not dispassionate reasoning.

Here we should note that Magic's work is more akin to Introverted Feeling than Extroverted. Noone in the thread suggested such values. Noone was up for conciliation. And certainly the values he preached are not well endorsed by our community at MBTIc. Clearly they are internally derived. He did what he felt was right, irrespectively of the external climate.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...41-post27.html

Recently Kiddo has announced his resignation. Magic Poriferan responds to ridicule of Kiddo as follows.

"Cut it out, people.

On one hand, there's a lot of reasons he might decide to go, so let him go. Don't gaurantee this is going to be one of those annoying situations where the person is permanently half-way out the door. "

A lot of reasons he might decide to go, Magic states, so let him go. Clearly concerned with the individual first and foremost. His value judgments again ran contrary to the forum culture and the environment of the thread. Almost entirely internally grounded.

This post clearly shows he is first and foremost concerned with the welfare of the individual. As in the previous post as well, he was trying to get one of the members involved in the Convocation to arrive at a sense of personal conciliation and harmony with the situation. He made no exhortation to community virtues.

"But secondly, stop insulting him too. Think what you will of him or this topic, I don't see any point in getting all snarky at him. And I know, he was a very snarky person himself, but that doesn't justify anything. Didn't Gandhi tell us tb be the change we want to see in the world? Don't be hyprocrites. "

In a typical Fi fashion, he states that Kiddo may have been a culprit, but no need to grill him. Very well known Fi tendency to try to forgive all and punish as little as possible.

High Ideals again, wholly out of sync with the values of the community and the emotional climate. Internally grounded and first and foremost concerned with the individual and his personal harmony of Feelings.

Manifest Fi.

Is Magic Intuitive? I doubt this claim needs further exposition as this is a truism.

Could he be an ENFP rather than an INFP? Unlikely, our Extroverted Intuitive heroes and heroines of this site such as substitute, CzeCze, CaptainChick and Liquid Laser he lacks the 'knack of the performer'. Does not have the ability to interact with the external environment fluently and effortlessly influence large audiences. Has little interest in becoming adaptable and juggling many interactions and activities, and is lacks what ought to be considered a pedigree of Extroverted Intuition. Natural knack and drive to see the big picture simultaneously and see both sides to a situation. This is not to say that Magic is myopic or lacks the gifts pertaining to seeing the whole board and understanding the perspective of others, this talent is clearly much less expressed in him than in the four aforementioned individuals.

It is also the case that due to his aforementioned lack of a gift of a performer, unlike the 4 aforementioned Extroverted Intuitive figures he has little interest in entertaining the audience or making his message interesting to others. He simply seems to wish to state his personal values (as he did in the previous 2 examples) having no more than 1 person he is talking to understand him. He is not reaching out to a wide audience. As a typical primary Introverted Judger, simply content with living out his values, interaction with the external environment, seems to be of much less inspiration to Magic than to our four afoermentioned characters.

Manifestly, as my first post has evinced, Magic is not a clear communicator. It is often difficult for one to understand what he had in mind. Almost all ENFPs on this board tend to have few struggles making their meaning clear to others.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Further evidence to adduce that Magic Poriferan is a Feeler.

In the aforementioned thread, MP is in discussion with digestthisickness.

"why would you self-comfort if you honestly think everyone else is wrong?

being wrong and not knowing it may as well be being right to that person."

She asks him the following question, why would somebody want self-comfort if they earnestly think they are right. Why do they want approval?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...5-post229.html

Magic responds..

That's not how it works.

"The point here is that the person only reinforces their belief that they are right to seek comfort. Their need for comfort is why they've declared that everyone else is wrong in the first place. It comes out of a fear of failure and compromise. Think of it as a form of cogntive dissonance. "

Basically here he states that objective truth has nothing to do with feeling like you're right. The whole idea of thinking you're right is means to the end of self-comfort. Such a perspective clearly discards the radical T notion that I have endorsed, namely that truth is purely objective and impersonal, has nothing to do with my personal will or the will of anyone else. No matter how great in status or number.

Later in that discussion, when digesthisickness displays a negative reaction to Magic's proposition. He states ' it is only an assumption!'. What fervent love of truth!

Magic starts this thread, as a complaint on why romantic mentality is not valued enough in our society.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...condemned.html

In the very end, he states the following in red font.
    "*I suppose, at this point, it's amazingly obvious that intimacy is my primary instinct*
    __________________"

Pursuit of love is his primary value, he proposes. Much of the above post was dedicated to showing how we NEED to love and be loved. Clearly more indicative of a feeling based mindset, simply because he deems for love to be paramount, the most important thing, and something that is purely a 'must' which he supports with great passion and force of personality, not with argument.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Well, I'm not going through all that and analyzing it point by point, but I can quickly blow one conclusion out of the water:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    We all make value judgments, as well have Feeling within their our psychic economy. The difference between a Thinking type and a Feeling type is that the Thinker is in closer natural affinity with his Thinking than Feeling. He uses Thinking first and most naturally. Feeling least naturally. Very often intense Thinking types, especially in their youth (Magic's profile indicates that he is 19 years of age, therefore in his youth), are not comfortable with direct use of Feeling. Most of us do not develop our inferior function to a sound degree till our late 30s or 40s, this means that we are not naturally comfortable using such a function fluently in early stages of our lives. Especially would not be comfortable enough to use our inferior function as explicitly in the context where the dominant function is highly vouched for. In other words, a natural Thinker in this situation would be uncomfortable making explicit value judgments in Earnestness for many reasons, salient of which is that the situation evokes impersonal judgment most of all which is antithetical to value judgment.
    This is exactly wrong. Yes, Thinkers do develop their Feeling abilities as they age. Which is why when they are younger they often lose control of their emotions and a let it short-circuit their thinking side. Magic's reaction is typical of one that has yet to master that side of themselves. Thinkers do not mature from unemotional robots into well-rounded people. They can have explosive tempers and emotional outbursts on par with any Feeler.

heart on fire Array

BlueWing makes a very good case here.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I certainly don't identify with having obligations and a sense of duty like ISTJs. Also, the dominant function of ISTJs is Introverted Sensing, which generally requires an attention to detail that I do not possess.

Anyway, curious to hear your thoughts unless, of course, you just typed me as an ISTJ because you don't like me. If that's the case, screw off.
    I'd be amazed if you are ISTJ. It's not for any great "intuitive" reason (either by me, or visible in you) but simply because you are nothing like the confirmed three ISTJs I know IRL. It just feels... alien.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Magic Poriferan is not an INTP.

[yadda, yadda, yadda,]
    I'm so torn by a sense of obligation to address this, and a total lack of interest in the actual process of doing it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP

You must.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

BlueWing, if nothing else, you present a substantive argument.
    I enjoy this about you. It makes the process of deconstruction that much more satisfying.

Thick, like pumpkin guts. Orange fingernails.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm...obligation...
    SJ.

I'm faster than BW.
    we fukin won boys

Tenured roisterer Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Well, I'm not going through all that and analyzing it point by point, but I can quickly blow one conclusion out of the water:

This is exactly wrong. Yes, Thinkers do develop their Feeling abilities as they age. Which is why when they are younger they often lose control of their emotions and a let it short-circuit their thinking side. Magic's reaction is typical of one that has yet to master that side of themselves. Thinkers do not mature from unemotional robots into well-rounded people. They can have explosive tempers and emotional outbursts on par with any Feeler.
    You are absolutely right that mature thinkers have more control over their emotions than immature thinkers.

However, we should ask, what happens when a Thinker looses control of his emotions?

In our traditional wisdom we hold that it is usually the woman who is the overly emotional and spins out of control when she has a fit. This is a classical immature Feeler act. Going wild with emotions altogether.

How do immature thinkers behave in relationships with such women? They often are verbally and physically abusive, under the delusion they are being calm and deliberate. They dont entirely loose control. They just let their feelings get the best of them. If you were to ask them why they abused their ex, they'd have a rationale of some kind, when its clear their passions got the best of them.

Yet, if you ask a Feeler or the aforementioned woman, she probably would say she only felt this way.

It is indeed that the case that both the former and the latter loose control over their emotions. The difference between the two is that the former is implicit about this, whilst the latter explicit.

Magic, as a Feeler states, 'I am disgusted'. When I'd feel disgusted or any profoundly negative passion, my reaction could often be depicted as 'temper tantrums encased in intellectual language' as one of my ENFP acquaintances depicted this. The more immature I used to be, the more loss of control I've epxerienced that you described. Yet, make no mistake about it. This is different from the Feeler's loss of control in the regard that it is subtle with pretentions to be purely intellectual, in the case of the latter it is explicit.

I've made this point in my first post.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/