User Tag List

Page 459 of 701 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

  1. #4581
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    19,213

    Default

    This is the thread that thinks I'm Sherlock Holmes.

  2. #4582
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This is the thread that thinks I'm Sherlock Holmes.
    You were so honoured?
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

  3. #4583
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    19,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    You were so honoured?
    Yes, apparently, I dont believe its a correct valuation, as I'm no Holmes.

    On the other hand the Holmes type is actually villified here.

  4. #4584
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yes, apparently, I dont believe its a correct valuation, as I'm no Holmes.
    Well I'm a fan of Holmes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    On the other hand the Holmes type is actually villified here.
    What do you mean? MBTI type? The detailed method of deduction piecing together the facts piece by piece by using a vast repertoire of knowledge about the world, type? Or some other angle?
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

  5. #4585
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    19,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Well I'm a fan of Holmes.



    What do you mean? MBTI type? The detailed method of deduction piecing together the facts piece by piece by using a vast repertoire of knowledge about the world, type? Or some other angle?
    MBTI type.

    ISTJ is the holmes type, at least I've read two books now with persuasively say so, Jung also thought that S was superior to N but this forum thinks otherwise and casually labels, with little information really, people as S rather than N if they dont like them, also SJ gets associated with kneejerk reactionary thinking, yes, Holmes, that great anti-liberal icon

  6. #4586
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    MBTI type.

    ISTJ is the holmes type, at least I've read two books now with persuasively say so, Jung also thought that S was superior to N but this forum thinks otherwise and casually labels, with little information really, people as S rather than N if they dont like them, also SJ gets associated with kneejerk reactionary thinking, yes, Holmes, that great anti-liberal icon
    Oh yes, i'm well aware of all that. My view is that there are plenty of stupid intuitives, but personal bias causes most to label them as sensing types.

    I remember a discussion on Sherlock on the Personality cafe forums a while back. I suggested ISTJ and many laughed it off claiming INTJ...the reasons used were shockingly poor. Essentially they threw out all sensing types based entirely upon his brilliant deductions.

    Because putting information together quickly AND efficiently could only have come from an intuitive. Why? I asked....no answer. Sherlock, at least in the books, oozes Si data recognition and recall and he uses it in an enviously brilliant way.

    Of course he is only fictional, but that never stops anyone else admiring intuitive characters.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

  7. #4587
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    19,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Oh yes, i'm well aware of all that. My view is that there are plenty of stupid intuitives, but personal bias causes most to label them as sensing types.

    I remember a discussion on Sherlock on the Personality cafe forums a while back. I suggested ISTJ and many laughed it off claiming INTJ...the reasons used were shockingly poor. Essentially they threw out all sensing types based entirely upon his brilliant deductions.

    Because putting information together quickly AND efficiently could only have come from an intuitive. Why? I asked....no answer. Sherlock, at least in the books, oozes Si data recognition and recall and he uses it in an enviously brilliant way.

    Of course he is only fictional, but that never stops anyone else admiring intuitive characters.
    The book I read was called How To Think Like Sherlock Holmes and it made a very persuasive case for him definitely being ISTJ, given what I've read about Sensing and Intuition in Jung it makes sense too, Jung felt that intuitives were inattentive generalisers, could easily miss what is actually happening, actually being said or the detail because of a tendency to "fill in the gaps" or substitute ideas for the present reality, not enviable traits at all.

    Although most online MBTI forums seem to have inverted Jung's understanding at least and consider sensors to be unable to grasp ideas or see a bigger picture, to be honest I think that both are crass stereotypes of the trait at its very worst rather than its best.

    Deduction and evidence based thinking seems to be totally a sensing function set, I know that I'm more inclined towards intuition myself but hopefully not the worst example of it because I try to be reflective about what my personality typology means and compensate for the weaknesses.

  8. #4588
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The book I read was called How To Think Like Sherlock Holmes and it made a very persuasive case for him definitely being ISTJ, given what I've read about Sensing and Intuition in Jung it makes sense too, Jung felt that intuitives were inattentive generalisers, could easily miss what is actually happening, actually being said or the detail because of a tendency to "fill in the gaps" or substitute ideas for the present reality, not enviable traits at all.
    It's interesting that this is very similar to what I garnered from 'Psychological Types' myself. For example his views on the Introverted Intuitive type paints a picture of someone who is often very at odds with the world around them and who belongs to one of the most detached natures concerning that world.

    To the point where it seems strange that a person would even approach the world with that attitude.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

  9. #4589
    Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Heard it through the grapevine that some people on the boards here think I'm ISFJ. So, ISFJ or INFJ?
    I think INFJ.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  10. #4590
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Type question:
    I really enjoy my sensing functions. I like running, I love my aerial dance class, I love dancing in general, and I love trying to be as fit as possible (although I have a tendency to sometimes get out of the habit). I'm not as great with Se as an athlete who does team sports (not aggressive enough). I love sensual experiences, and I have good visual discrimination for details. I never get lost.
    Not trying to say how great my skills are, but I'm wondering if this is typical for INXX's. Is this a greater affinity for Si/e than INFJ's usually have? That's my main question. I don't think I could in any way be described as a sensotard, unless it's my mind missing some relevant fact. Do INXP's experience these things too? I've read that they might. In which case I'm not ruling out INFP if I appear too feeling for INTP.

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6674
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •