User Tag List

Page 459 of 701 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

This is the thread that thinks I'm Sherlock Holmes.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This is the thread that thinks I'm Sherlock Holmes.
    You were so honoured?
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    You were so honoured?
    Yes, apparently, I dont believe its a correct valuation, as I'm no Holmes.

On the other hand the Holmes type is actually villified here.

Yes, apparently, I dont believe its a correct valuation, as I'm no Holmes.
    Well I'm a fan of Holmes.

On the other hand the Holmes type is actually villified here.
    What do you mean? MBTI type? The detailed method of deduction piecing together the facts piece by piece by using a vast repertoire of knowledge about the world, type? Or some other angle?
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

Well I'm a fan of Holmes.

What do you mean? MBTI type? The detailed method of deduction piecing together the facts piece by piece by using a vast repertoire of knowledge about the world, type? Or some other angle?
    MBTI type.

ISTJ is the holmes type, at least I've read two books now with persuasively say so, Jung also thought that S was superior to N but this forum thinks otherwise and casually labels, with little information really, people as S rather than N if they dont like them, also SJ gets associated with kneejerk reactionary thinking, yes, Holmes, that great anti-liberal icon

MBTI type.

ISTJ is the holmes type, at least I've read two books now with persuasively say so, Jung also thought that S was superior to N but this forum thinks otherwise and casually labels, with little information really, people as S rather than N if they dont like them, also SJ gets associated with kneejerk reactionary thinking, yes, Holmes, that great anti-liberal icon
    Oh yes, i'm well aware of all that. My view is that there are plenty of stupid intuitives, but personal bias causes most to label them as sensing types.

I remember a discussion on Sherlock on the Personality cafe forums a while back. I suggested ISTJ and many laughed it off claiming INTJ...the reasons used were shockingly poor. Essentially they threw out all sensing types based entirely upon his brilliant deductions.

Because putting information together quickly AND efficiently could only have come from an intuitive. Why? I asked....no answer. Sherlock, at least in the books, oozes Si data recognition and recall and he uses it in an enviously brilliant way.

Of course he is only fictional, but that never stops anyone else admiring intuitive characters.

Oh yes, i'm well aware of all that. My view is that there are plenty of stupid intuitives, but personal bias causes most to label them as sensing types.

I remember a discussion on Sherlock on the Personality cafe forums a while back. I suggested ISTJ and many laughed it off claiming INTJ...the reasons used were shockingly poor. Essentially they threw out all sensing types based entirely upon his brilliant deductions.

Because putting information together quickly AND efficiently could only have come from an intuitive. Why? I asked....no answer. Sherlock, at least in the books, oozes Si data recognition and recall and he uses it in an enviously brilliant way.

Of course he is only fictional, but that never stops anyone else admiring intuitive characters.
    The book I read was called How To Think Like Sherlock Holmes and it made a very persuasive case for him definitely being ISTJ, given what I've read about Sensing and Intuition in Jung it makes sense too, Jung felt that intuitives were inattentive generalisers, could easily miss what is actually happening, actually being said or the detail because of a tendency to "fill in the gaps" or substitute ideas for the present reality, not enviable traits at all.

Although most online MBTI forums seem to have inverted Jung's understanding at least and consider sensors to be unable to grasp ideas or see a bigger picture, to be honest I think that both are crass stereotypes of the trait at its very worst rather than its best.

Deduction and evidence based thinking seems to be totally a sensing function set, I know that I'm more inclined towards intuition myself but hopefully not the worst example of it because I try to be reflective about what my personality typology means and compensate for the weaknesses.

The book I read was called How To Think Like Sherlock Holmes and it made a very persuasive case for him definitely being ISTJ, given what I've read about Sensing and Intuition in Jung it makes sense too, Jung felt that intuitives were inattentive generalisers, could easily miss what is actually happening, actually being said or the detail because of a tendency to "fill in the gaps" or substitute ideas for the present reality, not enviable traits at all.
    It's interesting that this is very similar to what I garnered from 'Psychological Types' myself. For example his views on the Introverted Intuitive type paints a picture of someone who is often very at odds with the world around them and who belongs to one of the most detached natures concerning that world.

To the point where it seems strange that a person would even approach the world with that attitude.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Heard it through the grapevine that some people on the boards here think I'm ISFJ. So, ISFJ or INFJ?
    I think INFJ.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Type question:
    I really enjoy my sensing functions. I like running, I love my aerial dance class, I love dancing in general, and I love trying to be as fit as possible (although I have a tendency to sometimes get out of the habit). I'm not as great with Se as an athlete who does team sports (not aggressive enough). I love sensual experiences, and I have good visual discrimination for details. I never get lost.
    Not trying to say how great my skills are, but I'm wondering if this is typical for INXX's. Is this a greater affinity for Si/e than INFJ's usually have? That's my main question. I don't think I could in any way be described as a sensotard, unless it's my mind missing some relevant fact. Do INXP's experience these things too? I've read that they might. In which case I'm not ruling out INFP if I appear too feeling for INTP.