First 352402442450451452453454462502552 Last

Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 7100

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Justifies their existence?

I do?
    Either that or you're dishonest.

Riva

I feel this conversation is going to get moved to the off topic posts thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Either that or you're dishonest.
    I am dishonest. This I admit.

However how did you come to that conclusion based on me questioning your comment about existence?

If anything you should have said personality, therefore it suits to be mentioned in an eulogy.

However the reason behind you making that observation probably (which by the way you didn't put in to correct wording) was this post of mine -

Or maybe by typing you she is trying to understand you as a person.

By typing you, she makes you a person and not someone from the internet.

Most importantly by typing you she could probably be looking for a place to begin so to understand you as not everyone is a naturally gifted at reading people nor trained.
    Please note the words she, maybe and could mentioned a couple of times.

Ginkgo

I feel this conversation is going to get moved to the off topic posts thread.

I am dishonest. This I admit.

However how did you come to that conclusion based on me questioning your comment about existence?

If anything you should have said personality, therefore it suits to be mentioned in an eulogy.

However the reason behind you making that observation probably (which by the way you didn't put in to correct wording) was this post of mine -

Please note the words she, maybe and could mentioned a couple of times.
    Either you do or you don't believe that the understanding of personality justifies the very existence of personality. Which is it?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Either you do or you don't believe that the understanding of personality justifies the very existence of personality. Which is it?
    I do not believe in the existence of personality.

Sadly I am a Buddhist. So in a strictly Buddhist way of saying it; personalities are illusions.

And there was never an 'I' to begin with in the initial post of mine which created such a controversy. It was me trying to explain to Victor what she may/must be trying to do therefore he could be mistaken about her intentions.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    I totally respect that, but that's the point of the forum, so I'm just wondering what he's doing in this environment if he isn't interested in being typed or in typology.
    Well, there are other forums dedicated NOT for typology. Maybe he's using this forum as a way to connect/discuss with other people about other things than typology.

Ginkgo

I do not believe in the existence of personality.

Sadly I am a Buddhist. So in a strictly Buddhist way of saying it; personalities are illusions.

And there was never an 'I' to begin with in the initial post of mine which created such a controversy. It was me trying to explain to Victor what she may/must be trying to do therefore he could be mistaken about her intentions.
    Am I an illusion in your eyes?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Well, there are other forums dedicated NOT for typology. Maybe he's using this forum as a way to connect/discuss with other people about other things than typology.
    I didn't follow the whole thread, but he *is* choosing to post in a thread about mistypes which pertains to typology and typing people (not just talking about theory). If he does't want to participate in being typed or being accused of being mistyped or talking about it then why post in this thread? Why not just stick to the other forums?
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    I didn't follow the whole thread, but he *is* choosing to post in a thread about mistypes which pertains to typology and typing people (not just talking about theory). If he does't want to participate in being typed or being accused of being mistyped or talking about it then why post in this thread? Why not just stick to the other forums?
    Well fyi, he didn't really choose. He got called out and he's defending himself.

Though, if I were him I'd just post something like 'my type is not up for discussion. Please respect that.' and then I'd ignore the thread entirely.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Well fyi, he didn't really choose. He got called out and he's defending himself.

Though, if I were him I'd just post something like 'my type is not up for discussion. Please respect that.' and then I'd ignore the thread entirely.
    Gotcha. Yeah that is what I'd do too.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Huh, interesting observation, Lark. Though I really doubt Victor's an SJ given the content of his posts - so much looping, so much linking, so much perspective alteration. N trends, not S data. I'm on board the NF train for him. INFx 6w5, maybe, which would go far in explaining SJesque behavior. Any chance you're a 6 too, @Victor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    By typing me, you avoid me as a person.

By typing me, you sell me short, and make me less than a person.

I can understand you might feel overwhelmed by me and so wish to reduce me to a type so you can handle me.
    I don't see N so much as pseudo N. How about ISFP 6w7? :p

No, seriously.. the rebuke looks Feeling oriented, introverted, and in denial of fitting into a system (inf Te?). So the hypothesis.
    Thinking must serve the thinker.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink: