Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 7136

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But how do they know their personality type? Have they had their personality measured and interpreted by a qualified psychometrician? Of course not. So they don't even know their type.
    A qualified psychometrician (whatever that means) is still a flawed human being. And five qualified professionals might have different opinions. There is some merit to putting the work in to a practice in order to earn a qualification, but it doesn't mean that person will turn out more correct than the next. If they read the same enneagram books or JCF/MBTI books that @Elfboy or anyone else read, it's just as likely that their opinions would have merit. Plus, when a person sees a therapist or goes to get an evaluation, they act different than how they would act in a social setting like this one. This way they're more easily observable.

But if you truly believe that a qualified professional is the only person whose opinion holds merit, why join this site at all, and why, especially, would you be on this thread?

If you participate in something, and then spit on the whole premise, and in the meantime insult the people who have accepted the premise (the general premise of this website being: we can learn more about typology by discussing it), that tells me you could be here for some other reason besides learning or talking about typology. Why are you here?

Too late, baby, I've got my boots on the ground.
    Why? Do your boots control your head?
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    @Maybe, @kyuuei, @mmhmm and any other ENFP 8s out there:

I've been exploring a pet theory that ENFP 8s are more balanced in the N/S dichotomy than their 4, 6 or 7 counterparts. Do you feel that to be true in your case? Or do you attribute your enneagram type to better developed Te? Or is it related to neither and more to do with something exogenous to type?
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Te seems to permeate a lot of what I do, and I say that as someone who gets told that a lot vs someone who notices it within myself.

The N/S thing is really the hardest one for me to understand, and it is why I don't type people. I got my type from others that spent more time on it all than I ever did. I more understand it from a general feel of things vs having anything of hard evidence that allows me to differentiate the two positively.

I'm probably not a good person to ask about this. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I think if we reduce 8 down to:

scared of losing control over their own life and being harmed, ENFP works fine.
    Okay, let me try this again, now that I've slept and mulled it over.

I think an example of my inferior Si occurred yesterday. I was on a skype call, and eating steak. I was eating it with my hands and licking my fingers and telling the person, "Mmm, I fucking love steak. So fucking good." I wasn't attempting to make a show, just, the steak was so good. He said to me, "You're like an animal.."

I would think this is what inferior Si could look like in a type 8. Very carnal, vulnerable to the sensory experience, indulgent, intense, and not subtle about expressing it in the slightest.

I'm curious, @kyuuei, if you relate to that at all?

Again, I think this is an excellent topic that you brought up, and I'm probably gonna start a thread on it.

Edit: here's the thread
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2051964
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Haven't been active on this site for long but I suspect that @Viktor is either an ESFP or ESTP but I lean more towards the former, unless he is trolling hard. This is because of the clear cognitive extroverted bias and preference towards interpreting things in a literal and concrete manner which can be observed coupled with an intuition which seems to clearly be inferior due to its paranoid nature and the ego's attempt to constantly reject and demonize intuition. The paranoia would suggest inferior Ni rather than Ne, as Ne would be more about predicting catastrophic results.

@Elfboy, what are your thoughts?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Haven't been active on this site for long but I suspect that @Viktor is either an ESFP or ESTP but I lean more towards the former, unless he is trolling hard. This is because of the clear cognitive extroverted bias and preference towards interpreting things in a literal and concrete manner which can be observed coupled with an intuition which seems to clearly be inferior due to its paranoid nature and the ego's attempt to constantly reject and demonize intuition. The paranoia would suggest inferior Ni rather than Ne, as Ne would be more about predicting catastrophic results.
    Again with the personal insults!

This is character assassination. And this is character assassination in the guise of innocently typing my personality.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post

@Elfboy, what are your thoughts?
    no, he's far to cryptic to be dominant Se
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've seen Victor called many things, but literal and concrete are not among them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Cloud of Thunder
    similar to Gingko, you're much more subtle, subdued and calm. Sx dom 3s are dramatic, demand attention and behave almost like stage performers in their everyday life. I think you're Sp/Sx (you strike me as modest, realistic and grounded in reality)
    At this point, they're probably more or less equal (Sp and Sx).

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    At this point, they're probably more or less equal (Sp and Sx).
    in that case, Sp/Sx~Decadent could work for you
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

And typing is a way to avoid spontaneous interaction, to keep others at a distance, to avoid intimacy, to treat others as things, and to exert your power.
    Some of us are able to do all of these things without any recourse to typing at all.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Ginkgo

@Elfboy

I'm not an sp first, Elfboy. How you think I'm "low-key", I'll never know. And even if I was, it means nothing in terms of the instinctual variants. Instincts are equivalent to one's personal unconscious; once you examine them, they literally cease to be. However, based off my recollection of past experiences, I tend to merge with my impressions of others almost uncontrollably. I've only recently cultivated it as more of a conscious process, since I can sustain it and express it more deliberately... more artfully as long as I keep the process in mind. If I got lazy about it, it would be an sx free-for-all.