Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 6877

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Did you ever consider that this is because Ne is their dominant function and it is difficult for them to formulate their thoughts in a clear and concise manner that is appreciated by Se-valuing people such as yourself? I doubt that the ability to express yourself directly in speech/writing has much to do with our enneatypes. By that logic I would be an 8 too, particularly so because my thinking is casual-deterministic and I tend to write in absolutes due to inferior Te despite not intending to suggest it is absolute. Also, I swear a lot.
    I suppose Ne dom could be to blame for indirect speech.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    If someone knows their type.
    But how do they know their personality type? Have they had their personality measured and interpreted by a qualified psychometrician? Of course not. So they don't even know their type.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    If you don't like that concept you don't have to check the thread.
    Too late, baby, I've got my boots on the ground.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But how do they know their personality type? Have they had their personality measured and interpreted by a qualified psychometrician? Of course not. So they don't even know their type.
    By studying and comparing to the framework that is formulated obviously. Which is just like how we determine everything else in science.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Ivy
    I think you're a 1w9 rather than 4
    I'll think about that. But Jeffy (JivinJeffJones) has me pretty convinced I'm actually a 6.

Edit: my understanding of Enneagram is scant at best, so I'm really flying sort of blind where it's concerned.

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Your guess has no basis in evidence or reason.
    And typing is a way to avoid spontaneous interaction, to keep others at a distance, to avoid intimacy, to treat others as things, and to exert your power
    I suppose you could project one several possible reasons for typing someone onto everyone who engages in the practice
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vergil View Post
    Hey! I just found this thread.
    I don't think I'm mistyped, but opinions never hurt.

INTRO:
    Ex-PerC member.
    Some people know me here. But a few others have seen me post. I'd like to see what everyone has to say.
    @Elfboy, @LeaT, @Faceless Beauty, @DJ Arendee, @EJCC

:P

forgive me if you do not like being summoned.
    From the thread interactions I've had with you in the Gut Center part of the forum, I definitely think you're either a 1w9 or a 9w1. I have essentially no MBTI-related evidence either way, though, so I'll go with your typing.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

OrangeAppled you seem ENFP rather than INFP. your posts have a considerable amount of Te and you detach yourself far too easily for me to believe you are Fi dom
    I hoped someday to be summoned to this thread, because always being named a poster child for your type is so dull & cliche. I'd rather be a rogue INFP.

But are you saying we're the same type then? NOW I'm insulted!

Really though, I was hoping for something more outlandish than ENFP... maybe someone picking up on my xSTJ disgruntled postal worker shadow or insisting I'm ISFP cuz I like perty stuff.

But I'll make a case for my Fi-ness.

I only appear detached (if I even do; I hear "withdrawn" more than that), and I only attach to certain things to begin with. This is pretty standard Jungian Fi actually.

INFPs will have more influence of Te on their ego as well, IMO. I'm not talking about thought processes now so much as personality under stress. I'm more critical & exacting than most ENFPs when stressed, and more sensitive to criticism and being "managed". Te is more my opposing style than Si.

I mainly display Te as inferior (making rant-y, vitriolic lists) & as a back-up to Fi (learned form to support Fi premises). IRL, things like logistics & impersonal pro/con decision making hangs me up. I'm a lot less articulate in spontaneous speech too; organizing my thoughts is an introverted process, prob cuz Te strains my brain. Anything about me that's rational/reasonable & could be linked to type is being J-dom.

I DO have a problem with very detailed work. On my design job I make errors a lot & don't bother to proof read cuz I hate it. When I have to type/edit large amounts of text I zone out & get very grouchy, and then there's the errors again. I consider this a Si-fail. I also have a slight paranoia over it cuz I know it's a weak point (I may review other stuff too much to catch errors, inhibiting spontaneity, and then I keep adding info to clarify my points). I also have that "the present is a cage" attitude associated with Ne, where I crave change for it's own sake & can view obligations & commitments as suffocating.

I think a lot of people confuse Si with Fi & misinterpret INFP profiles because of it.... Fi is less sentimental, and possibly more willful in a passionate kind of way. You're probably comparing me to ISFJs & ISTJs in Fi-Si loops
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

Ginkgo

@Ginkgo
    you don't seem like an Sx dom to me. your energy is much more calm, low key and earthy; Sx doms put out a lot more raw energy and have a sort of fiery desperation to them. Sp/Sx would work well for you in my opinion
    When you get out of bed in the morning, do you think, "I wonder how many times I can change my mind today? I would be able to guestimate if I didn't rewrite the recordings of my marvelous inner-monologues so often!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Your paranoia does not arise from hints about others' intentions as much as it does from a perceived slight, followed by a reference to the knowledge that the majority community historically opposes to your social values.
    Wonderful example: Random Thought Thread