User Tag List

Page 438 of 701 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

  1. #4371
    Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    15,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    An ounce of common sense would have dictated to never attempt to out-Nimoy an INTJ.

    Anyways. In all likelihood, those unsure of their type are probably better off being baffled than handed a title they wouldn't want to let go of. I can't tell if the prejudices that people hold regarding type are propagated by the forums, or are built into the source material itself. They're unfortunate, however, as they get in the way of self-awareness and the growth that can accompany it. Then again, those kinds of platitudes sound a little condescending when you say these things and test as a more desirable type, I suppose.
    Probably some of both. Myers and Briggs tried to emphasize the system as describing healthy types, focusing on the strengths of each, with none better or worse than any other. Type descriptions and tests have proliferated since then, however, and many indeed have obvious biases. That being said, people (on forums or elsewhere) sometimes latch onto these and magnify them, or branch off into new forms of prejudice. Much of the problem is simply reading more into the system than is justified, failing to understand and observe its limits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    ...you sure I can't keep my auto-INTJ stamp? I'll give you 10% of the royalties for putting up with all the new money.
    Surely you do not fear children's stories . . .
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  2. #4372
    came back haunted Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    17,769

    Default

    And Coriolis does it again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Myers and Briggs tried to emphasize the system as describing healthy types, focusing on the strengths of each, with none better or worse than any other. Type descriptions and tests have proliferated since then, however, and many indeed have obvious biases. That being said, people (on forums or elsewhere) sometimes latch onto these and magnify them, or branch off into new forms of prejudice. Much of the problem is simply reading more into the system than is justified, failing to understand and observe its limits.
    ^ Someone needs to take this quote and do the online forum equivalent of framing it and putting it in a place of honor on the mantel. Maybe force n00bs to read it upon joining the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  3. #4373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ Someone needs to take this quote and do the online forum equivalent of framing it and putting it in a place of honor on the mantel. Maybe force n00bs to read it upon joining the forum.
    So who died and made you Yojimbo?

  4. #4374
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    @Lark, you're an ESFJ. It's disappointing that someone purportedly knowledgeable about Jungian theory would come to the conclusion you have, but in the years I've been on this forum, I've yet to see even a glimmer of Ni in your posts. You still hold on to the idea that members of this forum troll you, presumably from your past forum experiences, considering your Si. I'm willing to bet that those experiences were marked by a significant absence of actual trolls, mostly on the basis that you perceive threats to your ethical schema not as objective fate, but as a personal vendetta against you and your values on behalf of your Fe. Your paranoia does not arise from hints about others' intentions as much as it does from a perceived slight, followed by a reference to the knowledge that the majority community historically opposes to your social values. Despite the abstract subject matter you peruse, the way you actually address posts and people on this forum is sluggishly matter-of-fact. In the cases that it's not matter-of-fact, it's value based.

    At first, I heavily considered the possibility that you were a stressed Te dom in light of the fact that you tend to borrow information from numerous thinkers and writers, shifting from one reference to another rather than holding fast to a particular theory as it cranks itself out. You also weren't grammatically precise (grammatical precision being a typical manifestation of educated Ti behavior, even in those with inferior Ti). But then I pondered on your lack of reference to any sort of protocol for solving problems in real-time. You tend to just ask for the communities' opinion about current events or general philosophical matters, following up with a screening process for what posts resonate with your values or not. Only with a few members will you candidly toss these sorts of ideas around with, which in itself suggests a tendency to cooperate with those who fit snugly within your personal evaluations. Extraverted thinkers are more ambivalent of what they take in; if it doesn't compute, then there's another idea right around the corner. So why bother arbitrarily omitting a statement? Fi tends to come with a desire to not only abide by a particular code with integrity, but also see other things with their own integrity in mind, warts and all. I don't see that in you, judging from your compulsive habit of blocking people, many of whom wish to have a raw exchange of ideas or simply want to inquire about your worldview.

    Before you say this post arose from a projection of mine, keep in mind that it didn't. Furthermore, saying so would sidestep the point, implicating you for preferring to address my person, rather than the Truth of the matter at hand. Either that, or you simply don't understand projection, which implicates you for not understanding Jungian theory as much as your posts might suggest. Disappointment either way.

  5. #4375
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    @Lark, you're an ESFJ. It's disappointing that someone purportedly knowledgeable about Jungian theory would come to the conclusion you have, but in the years I've been on this forum, I've yet to see even a glimmer of Ni in your posts. You still hold on to the idea that members of this forum troll you, presumably from your past forum experiences, considering your Si. I'm willing to bet that those experiences were marked by a significant absence of actual trolls, mostly on the basis that you perceive threats to your ethical schema not as objective fate, but as a personal vendetta against you and your values on behalf of your Fe. Your paranoia does not arise from hints about others' intentions as much as it does from a perceived slight, followed by a reference to the knowledge that the majority community historically opposes to your social values. Despite the abstract subject matter you peruse, the way you actually address posts and people on this forum is sluggishly matter-of-fact. In the cases that it's not matter-of-fact, it's value based.

    At first, I heavily considered the possibility that you were a stressed Te dom in light of the fact that you tend to borrow information from numerous thinkers and writers, shifting from one reference to another rather than holding fast to a particular theory as it cranks itself out. You also weren't grammatically precise (grammatical precision being a typical manifestation of educated Ti behavior, even in those with inferior Ti). But then I pondered on your lack of reference to any sort of protocol for solving problems in real-time. You tend to just ask for the communities' opinion about current events or general philosophical matters, following up with a screening process for what posts resonate with your values or not. Only with a few members will you candidly toss these sorts of ideas around with, which in itself suggests a tendency to cooperate with those who fit snugly within your personal evaluations. Extraverted thinkers are more ambivalent of what they take in; if it doesn't compute, then there's another idea right around the corner. So why bother arbitrarily omitting a statement? Fi tends to come with a desire to not only abide by a particular code with integrity, but also see other things with their own integrity in mind, warts and all. I don't see that in you, judging from your compulsive habit of blocking people, many of whom wish to have a raw exchange of ideas or simply want to inquire about your worldview.

    Before you say this post arose from a projection of mine, keep in mind that it didn't. Furthermore, saying so would sidestep the point, implicating you for preferring to address my person, rather than the Truth of the matter at hand. Either that, or you simply don't understand projection, which implicates you for not understanding Jungian theory as much as your posts might suggest. Disappointment either way.
    I think he's ESTJ or ISTJ. he's too damn stern to be an Fe dom. Fe doms mince their words, try to make their message come across as pleasant and unimposing and try to appeal to your feelings to convince you of the rightness or something (either by appealing to nobler motives or guilt tripping, with varying degrees of subtly). compare him to @Haven, a true ESFJ male. they are nothing alike.
    @Coriolis @EJCC
    I often wish MBTI put a little more emphasis on the negative sides of each type (both in normal circumstances as well as when distressed), the way reputable Enneagram authors do. unlike the Enneagram, MBTI is not a primarily weakness based system, but it would still benefit from a dose of that perspective (it would also be more engaging to read. a description of unhealthy ENFPs would get into some dark shit)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #4376
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    19,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    @Lark, you're an ESFJ. It's disappointing that someone purportedly knowledgeable about Jungian theory would come to the conclusion you have, but in the years I've been on this forum, I've yet to see even a glimmer of Ni in your posts. You still hold on to the idea that members of this forum troll you, presumably from your past forum experiences, considering your Si. I'm willing to bet that those experiences were marked by a significant absence of actual trolls, mostly on the basis that you perceive threats to your ethical schema not as objective fate, but as a personal vendetta against you and your values on behalf of your Fe. Your paranoia does not arise from hints about others' intentions as much as it does from a perceived slight, followed by a reference to the knowledge that the majority community historically opposes to your social values. Despite the abstract subject matter you peruse, the way you actually address posts and people on this forum is sluggishly matter-of-fact. In the cases that it's not matter-of-fact, it's value based.

    At first, I heavily considered the possibility that you were a stressed Te dom in light of the fact that you tend to borrow information from numerous thinkers and writers, shifting from one reference to another rather than holding fast to a particular theory as it cranks itself out. You also weren't grammatically precise (grammatical precision being a typical manifestation of educated Ti behavior, even in those with inferior Ti). But then I pondered on your lack of reference to any sort of protocol for solving problems in real-time. You tend to just ask for the communities' opinion about current events or general philosophical matters, following up with a screening process for what posts resonate with your values or not. Only with a few members will you candidly toss these sorts of ideas around with, which in itself suggests a tendency to cooperate with those who fit snugly within your personal evaluations. Extraverted thinkers are more ambivalent of what they take in; if it doesn't compute, then there's another idea right around the corner. So why bother arbitrarily omitting a statement? Fi tends to come with a desire to not only abide by a particular code with integrity, but also see other things with their own integrity in mind, warts and all. I don't see that in you, judging from your compulsive habit of blocking people, many of whom wish to have a raw exchange of ideas or simply want to inquire about your worldview.

    Before you say this post arose from a projection of mine, keep in mind that it didn't. Furthermore, saying so would sidestep the point, implicating you for preferring to address my person, rather than the Truth of the matter at hand. Either that, or you simply don't understand projection, which implicates you for not understanding Jungian theory as much as your posts might suggest. Disappointment either way.
    I dont think you're right about any of this.

  7. #4377
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    19,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think he's ESTJ or ISTJ. he's too damn stern to be an Fe dom. Fe doms mince their words, try to make their message come across as pleasant and unimposing and try to appeal to your feelings to convince you of the rightness or something (either by appealing to nobler motives or guilt tripping, with varying degrees of subtly). compare him to @Haven, a true ESFJ male. they are nothing alike.
    @Coriolis @EJCC
    I often wish MBTI put a little more emphasis on the negative sides of each type (both in normal circumstances as well as when distressed), the way reputable Enneagram authors do. unlike the Enneagram, MBTI is not a primarily weakness based system, but it would still benefit from a dose of that perspective (it would also be more engaging to read. a description of unhealthy ENFPs would get into some dark shit)
    Yeah, I dont think this is right either but I think what you say about feeling makes sense, there are people who I believe are pretty unhealthy feelers who I've met in person who do precisely what you describe. On the other hand there are a lot of descriptions of feeling in reference to philosophy and spirituality which at times I am envious of but its not me and attempts to develop those traits and pursue those experiences have been pretty much fruitless.

    The thing about sensing is that I dont actually experience that, I dont know how people can evidence sensing or intuition in posts on a forum and there's a bit of an emotional charge in Gingko's post which I dont get about trolling, its nearly like that's the nucleas of his post and he's built it out and up from there perhaps there's a conversation he'd like to have and it doesnt channel well through a discussion of type.

    Anyway, so far as sensing goes, the best descriptions of it I've read, from Jung and most recently a book on the thinking style of Sherlock Holmes, its clear to me that I dont experience that automatically and if I have found myself doing so its been as a result of training or context which has raised my awareness. For instance a task or duty which requires a concentration upon detail.

    I consider myself NT because I'm absorbed in the life of the mind, and to a certain extent spirit too, as I understand it. If I see works of art or take a walk the immediate stimulous material I'll be relating to theories, perspectives, thinking in a matrix style or perhaps I'll only be interested in those things in so far that they relate to certain theories, perspectives and thinking. If there's one major flaw in my character its not paranoia or anger its over cerebration, ie thinking too much or prefering to think than to do or to feeling and live.

    Like I've said before a lot of people have seized upon a lot of the ideas which I've expressed when I've set out my stand or soap box on the forum and decided that it's a SJ irrational love of tradition, that I've got to fit the SJ guard house mode of operating. Its the tendency to begin with an idea and build out from there, evidence and rationalise it, rather than analyse it.

    If I hold certain views its for NT reasons, although I'm not surprised that most people consider my views to be associated with feeling/emoting, irrational attachment, perhaps they are operating in contexts in which they are associated with those things or the people holding those views are or perhaps the views and their supporters are simply villified that way. If they've succeeded in villifying views that way they arent going to see how their own views may have that similar complection too. Splinters and planks wise.

  8. #4378

    Default

    I currently think of Lark as an ENTP.

  9. #4379
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Lark not being Te goes against everything I understand about typology.

    From the abstractions gleaned from others' thought, I also see nothing more than Ni.

    So... yeah.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, I dont think this is right either but I think what you say about feeling makes sense, there are people who I believe are pretty unhealthy feelers who I've met in person who do precisely what you describe. On the other hand there are a lot of descriptions of feeling in reference to philosophy and spirituality which at times I am envious of but its not me and attempts to develop those traits and pursue those experiences have been pretty much fruitless.

    The thing about sensing is that I dont actually experience that, I dont know how people can evidence sensing or intuition in posts on a forum and there's a bit of an emotional charge in Gingko's post which I dont get about trolling, its nearly like that's the nucleas of his post and he's built it out and up from there perhaps there's a conversation he'd like to have and it doesnt channel well through a discussion of type.

    Anyway, so far as sensing goes, the best descriptions of it I've read, from Jung and most recently a book on the thinking style of Sherlock Holmes, its clear to me that I dont experience that automatically and if I have found myself doing so its been as a result of training or context which has raised my awareness. For instance a task or duty which requires a concentration upon detail.

    I consider myself NT because I'm absorbed in the life of the mind, and to a certain extent spirit too, as I understand it. If I see works of art or take a walk the immediate stimulous material I'll be relating to theories, perspectives, thinking in a matrix style or perhaps I'll only be interested in those things in so far that they relate to certain theories, perspectives and thinking. If there's one major flaw in my character its not paranoia or anger its over cerebration, ie thinking too much or prefering to think than to do or to feeling and live.

    Like I've said before a lot of people have seized upon a lot of the ideas which I've expressed when I've set out my stand or soap box on the forum and decided that it's a SJ irrational love of tradition, that I've got to fit the SJ guard house mode of operating. Its the tendency to begin with an idea and build out from there, evidence and rationalise it, rather than analyse it.

    If I hold certain views its for NT reasons, although I'm not surprised that most people consider my views to be associated with feeling/emoting, irrational attachment, perhaps they are operating in contexts in which they are associated with those things or the people holding those views are or perhaps the views and their supporters are simply villified that way. If they've succeeded in villifying views that way they arent going to see how their own views may have that similar complection too. Splinters and planks wise.

    To be fair, NTJ's and STJ's can be equally dogmatic in character. Both are also prone to live internally at equal rates, and etcetera.

  10. #4380
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, I dont think this is right either but I think what you say about feeling makes sense, there are people who I believe are pretty unhealthy feelers who I've met in person who do precisely what you describe. On the other hand there are a lot of descriptions of feeling in reference to philosophy and spirituality which at times I am envious of but its not me and attempts to develop those traits and pursue those experiences have been pretty much fruitless.

    The thing about sensing is that I dont actually experience that, I dont know how people can evidence sensing or intuition in posts on a forum and there's a bit of an emotional charge in Gingko's post which I dont get about trolling, its nearly like that's the nucleas of his post and he's built it out and up from there perhaps there's a conversation he'd like to have and it doesnt channel well through a discussion of type.

    Anyway, so far as sensing goes, the best descriptions of it I've read, from Jung and most recently a book on the thinking style of Sherlock Holmes, its clear to me that I dont experience that automatically and if I have found myself doing so its been as a result of training or context which has raised my awareness. For instance a task or duty which requires a concentration upon detail.

    I consider myself NT because I'm absorbed in the life of the mind, and to a certain extent spirit too, as I understand it. If I see works of art or take a walk the immediate stimulous material I'll be relating to theories, perspectives, thinking in a matrix style or perhaps I'll only be interested in those things in so far that they relate to certain theories, perspectives and thinking. If there's one major flaw in my character its not paranoia or anger its over cerebration, ie thinking too much or prefering to think than to do or to feeling and live.

    Like I've said before a lot of people have seized upon a lot of the ideas which I've expressed when I've set out my stand or soap box on the forum and decided that it's a SJ irrational love of tradition, that I've got to fit the SJ guard house mode of operating. Its the tendency to begin with an idea and build out from there, evidence and rationalise it, rather than analyse it.

    If I hold certain views its for NT reasons, although I'm not surprised that most people consider my views to be associated with feeling/emoting, irrational attachment, perhaps they are operating in contexts in which they are associated with those things or the people holding those views are or perhaps the views and their supporters are simply villified that way. If they've succeeded in villifying views that way they arent going to see how their own views may have that similar complection too. Splinters and planks wise.
    It's not impossible you're typed correctly. it could just be that your Enneagram tritype (1, 2 and 6) is superego so you seem more SJ. you do remind me of another 1-2-6 trityper who I'm pretty sure is an ENTJ.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6674
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •