User Tag List

Page 417 of 701 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

@Aquarelle

The original book on MBTI, Gifts Differing, actually uses cognitive functions. Although I always wonder if people differentiate between the functions of MBTI and the functions of Jung.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    One person asked to be typed and then people typed him according to their understanding of MBTI/function theory. Nobody claimed to have the absolute truth. Nobody insulted or disrespected him.

Just because there are multiple interpretations of a theory doesn't mean someone cannot believe in one of them, and act on that basis. So long as they don't falsely claim it is hard proven science, what's the issue?

If the person was to get upset about it then would he ask to be typed?

I read the last few pages and don't understand why this turned into a big issue.
    That's pretty much the summation.

Some people ask questions to get new information and others ask questions to confirm what they already believe to be true.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    @Aquarelle

The original book on MBTI, Gifts Differing, actually uses cognitive functions. Although I always wonder if people differentiate between the functions of MBTI and the functions of Jung.
    Yeah, I know MBTI is based on Jung, so perhaps calling the two different "schools of thought" is an exaggeration--I suppose MBTI is more of an interpretation, and intermediary, so to speak. What I like about MBTI is that it is more concrete than Jung, which I suppose has its advantages and disadvantages. I have no doubt that going straight to Jung is more "advanced" typology, and I do realize that certified MBTI practitioners do go back to the root, but I am not a certified MBTI practitioner, so I tend to rely on the experts who have sort of interpreted Jung's theories and go from there. Hence why I usually stay out of these types of conversations. However, in this circumstance, I have a direct advantage in that I know Lark better than anyone else in the conversation. So I was simply trying to bring in a different perspective, a different side of him, that I think most people just don't see.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

ReflecTcelfeR

I would think that it's just a different Psychological approach.

JCF - Cognitive /herp

Myer-Briggs - Behavioral (Or is this Kiersey? If it's him then screw all y'all).

We have those people that find the first unnecessarily complex, and still others that find the second numbingly simple.

But if we view them as different approaches we can then see that you are able to be more than one type, because the discrepancy between how people act from what thought that provoked them to act can appear disjointed.

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    I would think that it's just a different Psychological approach.

JCF - Cognitive /herp

Myer-Briggs - Behavioral (Or is this Kiersey? If it's him then screw all y'all).

We have those people that find the first unnecessarily complex, and still others that find the second numbingly simple.

But if we view them as different approaches we can then see that you are able to be more than one type, because the discrepancy between how people act from what thought that provoked them to act can appear disjointed.
    I think keirsey is more behavioural than either. But MBTI might have some of that to it as well, ill have to check up with the books again.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I think keirsey is more behavioural than either. But MBTI might have some of that to it as well, ill have to check up with the books again.
    Apparently it is the bridge between the 2 I mentioned.... Maybe it was just poorly built.

my floof is luxury Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    However, in this circumstance, I have a direct advantage in that I know Lark better than anyone else in the conversation. So I was simply trying to bring in a different perspective, a different side of him, that I think most people just don't see.
    That "advantage" is mooted if your theoretical understanding is too limited to accurately describe your observations.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

#phreephobik

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    That "advantage" is mooted if your theoretical understanding is too limited to accurately describe your observations.
    Hmm, I don't know about that. Even though I admittedly don't have as in-depth of an understanding of typology as you, I do have some grasp of the theory. So I figure that at least makes us even.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    Apparently it is the bridge between the 2 I mentioned.... Maybe it was just poorly built.
    Maybe. I remember someone presenting the idea to me that Keirsey's theory was basically designed to be marketed to businesses as a way for them to filter employee's, but that was just an idea.

However the simplification of both MBTI and Jung with his work, does make that seem conceivable.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    @bologna, is this what you've been getting at in our discussion?

Yeah, fuck it; let's just leave it at that.