User Tag List

Page 416 of 701 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Damn. I hate it when members I like are mad at each other.

Can't we all just get along?
    I'd say "cut your Fe harmony and rainbows bullshit" but, since I'm a phobic six, I'm terribly afraid of the fallback.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I can think of sillier things to get mad about, but as you say, it is pointless in any case. Typology makes for interesting and productive discussions IF people enter those discussions with the goal of understanding, not judging or one-upsmanship. The confusion is due in part to the fact that there are multiple theories of JCF/MBTI-based typing. None describe anyone completely, and the differences among them are not always well-understood. Each is useful as far as it goes, but its limitations are often ignored in the interests of wanting to find an identity, or a simple answer. The latter doesn't exist, and the former must be found outside typing systems, though they can provide useful clues.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Since you just performed a biting parody of how Fi dom/aux tend to see Fe, you obviously must be one of them (the Fi users that is). I say ISFP. Case closed.
    I see why you say ISFP, too--it's obvious that I'm in a dom-tert loop (Fi/Ni), wherein I'm speaking from the Fi perspective but also channeling some (immature tert) Ni-level paranoia.

Good call. I think you've convinced me of ISFP. I'm glad that we have this "Mistyped TypoC Members" thread to dispel misconceptions in our individual types.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    This image is broke

--

Fine, fine. I'll stop the sarcastic banter, as fun as it is.

my floof is luxury Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

The confusion is due in part to the fact that there are multiple theories of JCF/MBTI-based typing. None describe anyone completely, and the differences among them are not always well-understood. Each is useful as far as it goes, but its limitations are often ignored in the interests of wanting to find an identity, or a simple answer. The latter doesn't exist, and the former must be found outside typing systems, though they can provide useful clues.
    Well stated.

@bologna, is this what you've been getting at in our discussion?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

#phreephobik

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can think of sillier things to get mad about, but as you say, it is pointless in any case. Typology makes for interesting and productive discussions IF people enter those discussions with the goal of understanding, not judging or one-upsmanship. The confusion is due in part to the fact that there are multiple theories of JCF/MBTI-based typing. None describe anyone completely, and the differences among them are not always well-understood. Each is useful as far as it goes, but its limitations are often ignored in the interests of wanting to find an identity, or a simple answer. The latter doesn't exist, and the former must be found outside typing systems, though they can provide useful clues.
    I think this is very true and often overlooked.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxTP

One person asked to be typed and then people typed him according to their understanding of MBTI/function theory. Nobody claimed to have the absolute truth. Nobody insulted or disrespected him.

Just because there are multiple interpretations of a theory doesn't mean someone cannot believe in one of them, and act on that basis. So long as they don't falsely claim it is hard proven science, what's the issue?

If the person was to get upset about it then would he ask to be typed?

I read the last few pages and don't understand why this turned into a big issue.

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's a thread called "Mistyped TypeCentral Members." I think, like...everything is going to become a big issue!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    It's a thread called "Mistyped TypeCentral Members." I think, like...everything is going to become a big issue!
    My Ti-Fe "principles" demand that I speak up for those who I feel have been wrongly vilified.

People will think I am trolling, but genuinely, I thought @Wind-Up Rex did nothing wrong at all, she just answered the guy's question in a civil way, in line with a common interpetation of MBTI theory, WHICH IS WHAT THIS FORUM IS DEVOTED TO.

People can disagree with Typology, but this would seem a bizarre thread to assume such a premise.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Just because there are multiple interpretations of a theory doesn't mean someone cannot believe in one of them, and act on that basis. So long as they don't falsely claim it is hard proven science, what's the issue?
    The issue is that if one person is commenting from the perspective of one theory or interpretation, and the other person's understanding is based on a different interpretation, misunderstanding can result when the comments to not make plain which theory they are using, and which assumptions are being made. Yes, one need not become testy in sorting it out, but it can take a few posts to clarify what each person means by what they are saying.

I agree, I do not see insult or disrespect in the responses in this exchange. I have learned, however, that insult is often in the eye of the beholder, and not everyone can disagree without being disagreeable.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

The issue is that if one person is commenting from the perspective of one theory or interpretation, and the other person's understanding is based on a different interpretation, misunderstanding can result when the comments to not make plain which theory they are using, and which assumptions are being made. Yes, one need not become testy in sorting it out, but it can take a few posts to clarify what each person means by what they are saying.
    I think that the issue of different theories only cropped up in the side discussion I had with Bologna. Neither Lark nor Aquarelle ever said anything to make me think they disputed the validity of JCF, only that they weren't familiar with it.

I tried to be clear as possible in explaining both my understanding of Si, as well as how I felt it was applicable to what I'd observed of Lark's behavior. If you had been in my position, what would you have done to be more transparent?

#phreephobik

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I think that the issue of different theories only cropped up in the side discussion I had with Bologna. Neither Lark nor Aquarelle ever said anything to make me think they disputed the validity of JCF, only that they weren't familiar with it.
    Well, I actually said I don't subscribe to it, or at least that I prefer the strict MBTI interpretation. I am familiar with JCF. I think the fact that we were coming from different schools of thought contributed to the fact that you thought I was oversimplifying (which I was) and being condescending toward Sensors (which I certainly was not). I suppose that was an error/oversight on my part-- when you start talking about Se and Si, it's fairly obvious that you are talking JCF, but perhaps if you had known that I don't talk about Se and Si, you may not have thought I was oversimplifying quite so much. But like I said before, I thought the interaction was civil enough.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Well, I actually said I don't subscribe to it, or at least that I prefer the strict MBTI interpretation. I am familiar with JCF.
    I'm not entirely sure what this means. Perhaps I'm mistaken but aren't MBTI types just particular configurations of the functions? If one comprises the other how can they be said to be distinct schools of thought? Hearing someone say this is like being told that someone loves to read, but is kind of skeptical of the whole alphabet "thing".

Just to be clear on how I think about this: I'm most familiar with functions as interpreted and understood by Myers-Briggs. That's what I understand to be the standard model, and it's the one I use when typing others. And generally speaking, anyone on this site using any other model usually states as much because it's atypical to do so. Otherwise we'd all run around saying, "Well based on xyz interpretation, I believe this person is an XXXX." So, I'm not exactly sure what you and some of the others in this thread are on about.

#phreephobik