User Tag List

First 315365405413414415416417425465515 Last

Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 7100

  1. #4141
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    No confusion. I'm flat-out stating that we don't understand the models that have been constructed to decipher human behavior, at least to the degree that we seek to apply them.
    Lol. Speak for yourself, sweetheart.

    Why I'm on a site like this is immaterial.
    Oh no. It's actually perfectly relevant in the context of this discussion.

    So it's less "insistence" and more "sort of, kind of implied, maybe."

    For the record, (a) my point was that the judgments were incorrect and exaggerated; not that they were negative;
    They were neither, actually.

    and (b) my point also wasn't directed at you per se--because we've clearly got an impasse there--but as part of this overarching, ongoing discussion.
    If that was your intention, start a thread. As it is all it looks like is that you got butt hurt about a throw away comment I made about feelers and in typical Fe-Ni fashion had to make it about the "greater good" to assume some bullshit moral high ground.


    You just had to go and get your little barbs in, didn't you

    That's what Te does, isn't it!? It just doesn't give a fuck, does it?

    Well, let me tell you something. I'm going to get you back--in spades. You're not even going to see the social manipulation coming. You're going to wonder why everyone's turned against you, started e-talking about you behind your back all of a sudden. You Thinkers are so oblivious to that social game--it's like you have some sort of neural chip missing--so, guess what? It's going to be easy.

    I'm sick of all of this hardassed, overly-critical, Thinking bullshit. It has to end right here and right now.

    That's what you get for hurting my feelings. Don't fuck with me.



    It's a shame. I think we actually could have had some fun if you weren't so revoltingly transparent.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  2. #4142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    But what if I AM ESFP or ENTP? It could be true if I've been in a perpetual shadow!!
    It all makes sense nao.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  3. #4143
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,050

    Default

    maybe I'm just stubborn, but nobody has explained why strict typological theory applies in a biblical strictness to the amazing variety of people that exists... there's too many questions to accept it as any real form of gospel to me

    I think that there are definite flaws in using a self reporting test to judge things, I think that there's a problem with people on the internet deciding that they're definitely right in assessing someone who they only know through online interaction (we're speaking of an environment where all teenage girls are chris hanson, right? ) and there are still people who think that a test and some words from a stranger can define them with definitive proof... I don't get it... when did people become so trusting?

    I don't get why we'd even think that it was possible for there to be 16 strictly defined types of people in a theoretical standpoint- there's over 7 billion people on the planet for goodness sake, that would mean that there should be approximately half a billion people who are just like me out there... the world should be a LOT more difficult to navigate than it really is

    to say that a strict interpretation is bullshit isn't necessarily throwing everything into the wind in a free for all, it's just questioning the rectitude with which some people hold themselves on typing authority and the idea that "because they hold some different beliefs than I think that someone like that should they must be something different"... life experience and background play a big part in someone's belief systems as well, which is usually forgotten... both nature and nurture are explanatory forces, not just one or the other...

    in other words, getting one's panties in a knot over someone not being what you expect when you only see one aspect of them is kind of pointless...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  4. #4144
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Elfboy was reffering to me in the is the member above you accurately typed thread and Speed Gavroche was talking about my type in a 5w6 vs 5w4 ISTP/INTP thread about me and, in all honesty, I think they could be right.

    After all, Elf and Speed are the renowned typing experts of the forum, so trust their judgment I will.
    I agree with both of them.

  5. #4145
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    If that was your intention, start a thread. As it is all it looks like is that you got butt hurt about a throw away comment I made about feelers and in typical Fe-Ni fashion had to make it about the "greater good" to assume some bullshit moral high ground.
    I didn't claim any moral high ground. But now I am: I didn't dismiss your claims by insulting them or you.

    If your criteria for me to prove to you that I'm not butthurt is for me to start a thread, then I'll just go ahead and suffer the terrible consequence of you thinking that I'm butthurt.
    It's a shame. I think we actually could have had some fun if you weren't so revoltingly transparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Did you install a passive aggressive widget to the site without announcing it? Because I fail to see how this is a productive contribution towards creating peace throughout the galaxy.
    Look, I'm fully capable of having a halfway serious conversation and a joking sidebar with someone else at the same time.

    I was making fun of EJCC as a Te-dom, because she's a Te-dom. I was mocking being insulted at something she said to me as per the Fe stereotype. Because the two of us have a history of bantering back and forth like that quite a bit. And because we're talking about stereotypes.

    Get it? Because EJCC was talking about combating stereotypes earlier??

    Do I really have to explain this?

  6. #4146
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,462

    Default

    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  7. #4147
    lords of summer EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

    You just had to go and get your little barbs in, didn't you

    That's what Te does, isn't it!? It just doesn't give a fuck, does it?

    Well, let me tell you something. I'm going to get you back--in spades. You're not even going to see the social manipulation coming. You're going to wonder why everyone's turned against you, started e-talking about you behind your back all of a sudden. You Thinkers are so oblivious to that social game--it's like you have some sort of neural chip missing--so, guess what? It's going to be easy.

    I'm sick of all of this hardassed, overly-critical, Thinking bullshit. It has to end right here and right now.

    That's what you get for hurting my feelings. Don't fuck with me.

    "You can't play on my feelings. I don't have any."



    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Since you just performed a biting parody of how Fi dom/aux tend to see Fe, you obviously must be one of them (the Fi users that is). I say ISFP. Case closed.
    That's right!
    /discussion




    Edit: Great post, @whatever -- as always! I totally agree. If the MBTI was perfect, then MAYBE it would make sense to follow it like gospel, but it's not, so it doesn't.

    And it's not like any theory is perfect anyway, when you think about it.
    Last edited by EJCC; 10-13-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: image issues
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  8. #4148
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Getting mad at someone online is so pointless. And yet I am one of the people most guilty of it. I suppose it's a cycle many of us have to go through before we become wise and mature and break it. And also, typology is one of the most pointless things to be mad about.

    Egos are so fragile and dangerous. I seek to transcend mine.

  9. #4149
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    16,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Getting mad at someone online is so pointless. And yet I am one of the people most guilty of it. I suppose it's a cycle many of us have to go through before we become wise and mature and break it. And also, typology is one of the most pointless things to be mad about.
    I can think of sillier things to get mad about, but as you say, it is pointless in any case. Typology makes for interesting and productive discussions IF people enter those discussions with the goal of understanding, not judging or one-upsmanship. The confusion is due in part to the fact that there are multiple theories of JCF/MBTI-based typing. None describe anyone completely, and the differences among them are not always well-understood. Each is useful as far as it goes, but its limitations are often ignored in the interests of wanting to find an identity, or a simple answer. The latter doesn't exist, and the former must be found outside typing systems, though they can provide useful clues.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  10. #4150
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    It's the downside of getting so deep into it. It's almost as if once the "identity" is found people end up internalizing it and see anything related to it as validation/personal attack. I admit that I was guilty of that too though. Ironically, once I figured out my best fit type/enneagram combo, I stopped caring so much about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :(
  • :cry:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :doh:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:
  • :shrug:
  • :blush:

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6892
    Last Post: 07-20-2017, 01:20 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO