User Tag List

Page 41 of 688 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

perdu fleur par bologne Array Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    As Ps get more stressed, they start to show negative J characteristics, like being stubborn to a ridiculous extent, but the reason to believe so has no evidence, as a J would insist on, all they have supporting it is internal judgment. The rigidity isn't helping them... they get more into self-preservation, but they can't balance it adequately as a normal J would. That sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Oi! You failed me too.

I don't believe your statement to be true either.

I would expand, but I have to go to a baby shower.

Anyway, maybe Ivy can get Noah or Martoon to validate or reject your theory (since I know they're INTPs).
    So Noah and I aren't addressed directly anymore? It all goes through Ivy now?

Anyway, it's nice to be an INTP poster child, I guess. Regarding the post being referenced, I don't believe that I, personally, start moving toward any J characteristics (negative or otherwise) when stressed. In fact, when I get really stressed, I just shut down, become paralyzed, and stop taking any action at all. I just get very passive and resigned. If anything, I'd say it's like an extreme, unhealthy P characteristic.

But other INTPs may react differently. While I have no doubt that I'm INTP, my reaction doesn't necessarily represent the breed. I'm very non-aggressive (is that a passive way of saying "passive"?), and I really hate conflict, or having anyone upset (even if it's not directed at me). I have a high enneagram Type 9 score (calmness), and very low Type 8 (aggressiveness). A lot of INTPs will occasionally "rage", where they really go into a fit of anger. I've never done anything like that. I don't really do anger. I don't know how. I probably should.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

Welcome to Sunnyside Array Mondo's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Wowzers!
    I go on with my real life for a few hours and now I'm completely lost in this thread!
    Haha!
    I still think Xander and Edahn are INTP's.. not very strong on the I but INTP's nevertheless.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Edahn has very well-developed Fe, I think.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

About which? (Now I'm confused!) Her being INxP or ESFJ??

As far as ESFJ actresses go, I have a suspicion Toni Collete might be one. She's quite talented; and if she's not ESFJ, she's played at least a few of them perfectly.

Oh. You posted a picture of a cat.

You must be F.
    Typelogic lists Sally Struthers, Mary Tyler Moore, Dixie Carter, and Sally Field as ESFJs. They all seem like really nice ladies. Jack Benny, Desi Arnaz, and Don Knotts are listed as the male ESFJ entertainers. I hope they update that list sometime soon.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Typelogic lists Sally Struthers, Mary Tyler Moore, Dixie Carter, and Sally Field as ESFJs. They all seem like really nice ladies. Jack Benny, Desi Arnaz, and Don Knotts are listed as the male ESFJ entertainers. I hope they update that list sometime soon.
    Man, that's a pretty old school list right there.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

veteran attention whore Array Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It's because you're so quintessentially ISFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ditto.
    Nah, y'all aren't getting off that easy. This topic is about long-winded explanations with lots of technical mumbo jumbo and random assertions. I want some of that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I have you as EsFP, Jeffster.
    Okay, but WHY?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I can so relate to Don Knotts. Seriously, he cracks me up.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Man, that's a pretty old school list right there.
    With emphasis on OLD. (Yikes!)
    At least Toni's probably only in her 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Nah, y'all aren't getting off that easy. This topic is about long-winded explanations with lots of technical mumbo jumbo and random assertions. I want some of that too!
    No, no, no -- you're an ISFP, you'd HATE that!

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    With me, it's directed toward myself, because it arises when I know I should be able to do something that I can't, for some reason. For instance - back to the skateboarding analogy - I'd have something worked out intellectually, but I'd fail initially when it came to the physical aspect. And after a series of failed attempts, I'd yell out something like, "Haight! You're an idiot! You have push down and then out. Dammit!

However, more times than not, I'd end up accomplishing that which I ranted about generally a minute or five later. So it helped with focusing, in a way.

So as usual, it has to do with me not living up to me. I'm selfish even when angry, in other words.
    That sounds too familiar. Except with me, it was physical skills like you describe, OR making a mistake in logic / not understanding something, OR failing in one of my responsibilities that I had internalized. I made self-deprecation an artform and would either ridicule myself out loud or scream at myself in my head until I got it right.

I didn't have external outbursts involving other people until I reached my 20's and forced to be in proximity to other people, which meant often that when there was emotional stress and I couldn't get away, well, then it got uh-gly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    WTF?!??!?!?!?

First Edahn, now you?

I'm noticing an interesting pattern emerge here.

No, no, no, no... I beg out of your own best interest, don't believe anything he says.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

heart on fire Array

Quote Originally Posted by cze-cze
    Doood -- he's freaking studying to become a BUDDHIST. That doesn't make you ENFP. Or INFP.
    Agreed! The idea of everyone being one and combining in some sort of hive mind nirvana is an anathema to me!