User Tag List

First 307357397405406407408409417457507 Last

Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 7026

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Lol, people still try to reason with Lark. Si fail.
    I'm unsure what you mean by that. To be honest I dont see a lot of reasoning on this forum, its one of the things which bothers me about most of my interaction with forum members here. Someone did notice it a while back and list the amount of people with present or pending diagnosis of mental health needs telling me there wasnt much point to pursuing interaction with most of the members of the forum but I'd discounted it at the time.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm unsure what you mean by that. To be honest I dont see a lot of reasoning on this forum, its one of the things which bothers me about most of my interaction with forum members here.
    This has been my complaint for some time.
    Someone did notice it a while back and list the amount of people with present or pending diagnosis of mental health needs telling me there wasnt much point to pursuing interaction with most of the members of the forum but I'd discounted it at the time.
    Interesting. Really?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Eh, I dunno. It is what it is. It's about the same as it has always been, but with more or less collective consciousness compared to other times. I'm more worried about the biosphere. It hurts me because it and I are part of one organism.

Why do you think you are not Fi or Ne-dom?

Well, NFJ's are NF's and also Ni users, so your statements are somewhat inconsistent. I wasn't really serious about the first thing, as I'm not 100% certain of anything; feeling right is just an intuitive hunch and not definitive proof.

Yeah, I meant NFP's. Oops. They have two subjective primary functions, so it makes for a pretty self-trusting experience.

Something I know to be true is more important; but if it is only an intuitive thing, it's a vague interpretation of facts; that is, in applying it and defining it, it could change in its expression with new relevant information. So if objective information is inconsistent with what I already know, I look at the underlying concepts and decide if they are in conflict, then sort it out logically and see which is true.

Hm. More thoughts, but nothing all that indicative. I'm kinda feeling out what questions do and don't work for future use.

WALMART

I'm unsure what you mean by that. To be honest I dont see a lot of reasoning on this forum, its one of the things which bothers me about most of my interaction with forum members here. Someone did notice it a while back and list the amount of people with present or pending diagnosis of mental health needs telling me there wasnt much point to pursuing interaction with most of the members of the forum but I'd discounted it at the time.

I provided a fair bit of reasoning into your type which was not countered. Instead you chose pick into wordier arguments. I wonder if you felt I did not provide enough substance.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    This has been my complaint for some time.

Interesting. Really?
    Yeah, I was surprised at what they listed when they said so, the whole gummit of personality problems and mood disorders, they seemed to think there was much more but these were just those who'd been most open about what they were experiencing and posted threads or blogs about it. I wouldnt consider it a flaw, more a trait or just one of those things, if anyone was experiencing those things, I've got diabetes and consider it in the same order of things.

Although they were suggesting that it made the value of what anyone had to say questionable, although they seemed to be in a bad mood at the time too, so far as its possible to tell with online posts. I contacted someone else who doesnt visit much anymore and asked their opinion about it, in part because they posted such great stuff and possessed a great deal of insight when they did, and they suggested that it was likely that people perceive the forum as much reasons of their own, ie how they were feeling or copeing, as how it objectively was.

I dont think there's much reasoning goes on no, which says something because I'm inclined to a view of the over riding power of affect anyway, plus a culture which does little to diminish it or control it making for norms of projection, rationalisation, transference etc. in any interaction, ie not much reason, in any case.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I provided a fair bit of reasoning into your type with was not countered. Instead you chose pick into wordier arguments. I wonder if you felt I did not provide enough substance.
    I'm afraid I did not see your post, at least I dont recall it

Sorry man.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I actually wouldnt venture to type you with the limited information that I have, I just dont believe that your posts in this thread strike me as being very ENTJ as I understand the ENTJ type.
    You're welcome to ask me whatever you need to to arrive at a proper conclusion.

I've read more about that type than any other given that I've consistently come out with that type in tests. So while I may not understand what you or others have said about Fe or Fi or Te or Ti etc. I do have a clear enough picture of how ENTJs choose to communicate, reach conclusions, deal with opposition or disagreement and seek or do not seek validation of their opinions.
    You're absolutely correct. Most ENTJ descriptions jive with me in a very limited way. The only one that I've ever read that resonated was the one at Best Fit Type, which felt like something I could have written myself. Due to that fact, I've frequently questioned my own type, and wondered if there might be something that's more suitable. And after much research there's just nothing that makes more sense for me, even though I'd be content being virtually anything else.

None of which really correspond to how you've posted, certainly not your final one. Perhaps you'd anticipated a different response from me or were playing a game. I dont know. What I do know is it certainly didnt strike me as a very ENTJ post. Maybe some of what you've said to me applies as well to yourself or better? Do you think its likely that you've been projecting?
    I was doing my best to remain civil because my goal was ultimately to have what I thought heard. That's it. That's all. I'm not a male NTJ, and don't feel the need to engage you nor anyone else in silly he-man games as a result. To be a woman and to be effective means a very different thing than to be a man and want to do the same. And ultimately all I ever want is to ensure that the things I want to happen, occur.

Now let's discuss why my type has even come up at all. In all honesty, I think the primary reason that you don't feel I'm ENTJ has nothing to do with what I've said or how I've represented myself, and everything to do with the fact that you would not do the same if our positions were reversed. There is a reason for that. We are not the same type.

Now it's possible neither of us are ENTJ, or you're ENTJ and I'm ESFJ, or even that we're both ducks. But what is most likely is that you are ESFJ and I am ENTJ. I've already spent too much of my Sunday explaining to you why that is, so I won't rehash it. In the meanwhile, you or one of the "numerous people who've repped you" about me being mistyped are more than welcome to air out whatever feelings they have about me. If they're not I'm just going to assume they either a)don't exist, or b) are a bunch of passive agressive pussies who are beneath notice in any case.

Their choice.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Lol, people still try to reason with Lark. Si fail.
    Yeah. I'm blaming the Fi "I'm a special butterfly and therefore the rules that affect other people don't apply to me" fairy on this one for me. I don't know what everyone elses excuse is, though.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Why do you think you are not Fi or Ne-dom?
    Not Fi because I've read a lot of what Fi and Fe dom/aux have written and the Fi ones are either somewhat or completely different most of the time, while the Fe ones are most of the time spot on. Also from the descriptions of Fe and Fi Fe fits more. The Fi doms I've met irl process emotions and feeling judgments in a different way than I. I've analyzed what each function can apply to and in what way using my own logic and intuition, and determined that my feeling characteristics are much more Fe.

Ne dom, well, since I feel like Ne and Ni fit about the same, that could be as well.

Yeah, I meant NFP's. Oops. They have two subjective primary functions, so it makes for a pretty self-trusting experience.
    I always trust my intuition, but overall I'm constantly second guessing myself. Especially my feelings.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Ive decided it is better to keep ones type a secret from the forum in terms of it being visual next to your name.

Except for enneagram, no one seems to mind as much about ennea. /exaggeration
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp