User Tag List

First 306356396404405406407408416456506 Last

Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 7026

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    If she's not ENTJ, then I'm not ESTJ.
    Well I dont know you but from the interaction in this thread alone I doubt Wind Up Rex is ENTJ. I'm not the only one as all the reps I just received suggest.

What I do think is that they've a particular view as to the superiority of that type and does a bad impression of how they believe that type is, some say imitation is the highest form of flattery but I'm not seeing it.

Sorry about the miscommunication, then. I, for one, didn't intend for any negative vibes, and it doesn't look like Wind-Up Rex did either.
    No, I didnt think you did, I do think that there's something going on with the typing of everyone as SJs, someone posted about it in the Random Thread. Although it wasnt my reason for posting in this thread. I just recalled it. I dont think you could mistake the negativity from the last post by Wind-Up Rex and I dont think that its typical of anyone who's NTJ at the very least. I do suspect its the very sort of feeling reaction that was being attributed to me, so maybe there's a bit of projecting going on? In any case its interesting to me because the style of interaction has been similar to what I've observed on other topics too.

Why do you doubt it? Data is data, regardless of how it's presented. Unless you were going to dismiss this entire forum interaction because it got too negative... in which case I'm going to annoy you further and suggest that that sounds much more like Fe than Fi.
    I didnt think you were being negative, like I said I think that Wind Up Rex and Saturned entered the thread posited a view and when it wasnt accepted reacted in a certain, for me at this point predictable fashion.

(Also, what about all the questions, in my post?)
    I decided they were rhetorical, to make a certain point or continue for your entertainment my contributions to the thread when I think its reached its natural and logical conclusion. If you read my post again you can probably make the connections yourself but as I said there are certain ideas about character or thinking which are associated with people of certain opinions, ie concrete thinking, practical reason etc. etc. seeing as those also correspond to a type in MBTI people make connections which are mistaken.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

Ginkgo

Rex is an ENTJ...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What I do think is that they've a particular view as to the superiority of that type and does a bad impression of how they believe that type is, some say imitation is the highest form of flattery but I'm not seeing it.
    I see her as ENTJ because I see her as Te-dom -- because nearly every trait I have, that I attribute to being Te-dom (sans Si-second), I share with her. So my reasoning is a little more micro, than macro, on that topic.
    I decided they were rhetorical, to make a certain point or continue for your entertainment my contributions to the thread when I think its reached its natural and logical conclusion. If you read my post again you can probably make the connections yourself but as I said there are certain ideas about character or thinking which are associated with people of certain opinions, ie concrete thinking, practical reason etc. etc. seeing as those also correspond to a type in MBTI people make connections which are mistaken.
    They weren't rhetorical. I didn't want to have to guess at your opinion from your other posts, because I thought I would get more reliable data from hearing it directly from you. How you decided to answer the questions might have said a lot about your reasoning, and your type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I believe everything is interconnected in a balance, and I feel my part in it. I try to preserve the balance of life. Preserving and enhancing life is generally preferable and "good" and destroying life is generally non-preferable and "bad." Sub-principles derive from that one.

How do you feel about the human condition?

I can't really explain it, but it feels like it fits. And that's a pretty Ni thing to say.

Introverted intuition stores and synthesizes information into an interconnected system.

I would liken the statement closer to Ne than Ni. Jung and others smarter than I placed NFP's in a category highest to trust things that 'felt like they made sense'. Ni users are much more objective about their expressed perceptions, I feel. An accurate summarization of Ni, though.

Yes. Definitely. Why not?

I don't know, some people would consider it murder in their minds, maybe, is what I was going for. A silly question.

Read or hear about fundamental concepts, learn the details, then simultaneously connect it to things I already know and apply the concepts. I like to try to connect everything I learn with everything I know, in a systematic fashion.

Interesting.

First decide if it's an appropriate time to ask, then when it is, ask. Because I MUST KNOW.

Interesting again. I was hoping to glean insight from these past few questions, but all I have are hunches. I can take things either way on how I want to interpret them.

What is more important, insight you know to be true or factual, objective information?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I know that the bolded itself isn't your main point, but it seems to be highly contradictory with this:
    It is only if there was any sort of judgement attached to the fact that the average Feeler is typically less likely to rely on logic and more likely to take things personally than the average Thinker. What's wrong with making an appeal to ethos or pathos before logos? What I take exception to is when people are clearly appealing to the former two, and expect it to be taken as the latter. That's troublesome to me.

Think of it this way: me masquarading, for instance, as a an ENFJ. I'd go around and being as blunt and oblivious to social cues as I usually am, doing my Te/Fi thing, and basically bastardizing the whole Fe-thing in the meanwhile. And if you or any of the other ENFJs on the site came across me being as blatantly not Fe as I am, I think you'd fully be within rights to be annoyed enough to call me out on it.

Why are the labels undesirable? Because of the self-perpetuating misconceptions.
    My point was less about misconceptions and more about misplaced values. Ideally, we wouldn't disparage the Feeling viewpoint such that Feelers felt they had to be anything but themselves. The contempt in my previous post was leveled squarely at pretenders--those with a clear preference for Fe or Fi trying pass off those things as Te or Ti who get butt hurt when you make the mistake of treating them like you would another Thinker. If it's the implication that Feelers and Thinkers have preferences on how they'd like to be treated, and you're not always doing right by someone to treat them like you treat everyone else, I can't help you there. It's not PC, but it's accurate.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I see her as ENTJ because I see her as Te-dom -- because nearly every trait I have, that I attribute to being Te-dom (sans Si-second), I share with her. So my reasoning is a little more micro, than macro, on that topic.

They weren't rhetorical. I didn't want to have to guess at your opinion from your other posts, because I thought I would get more reliable data from hearing it directly from you. How you decided to answer the questions might have said a lot about your reasoning, and your type.
    You are aware though that the question had already been answered before you fielded it?

Like I say I do believe that there's a lot of prejudice on the forum, people reach conclusions very quickly about people based on very little and I do think it's fed, on this occasion, into the discussion about type. Perhaps its an unconscious thing.

I dont agree that Rex is ENTJ, although you guys are free to disagree, I do think that there are barriers to communication on this topic, one of which is the use of terminology casually which other posters are unfamiliar with and I mentioned that before, the other are reactions such as Rex's earlier on in the thread there, my point is that I dont believe those barriers are likely to make any kind of meaningful discussion possible.

I'm interested in typology and to begin with there were some interesting posts which I enjoyed reading but then it turned to labelling and getting butt hurt when there wasnt agreement upon it or deference to presumed authority. That's fine too. It wouldnt work for me but I enjoy discussions, even the odd debate, I also know when they're over.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    How do you feel about the human condition?
    Eh, I dunno. It is what it is. It's about the same as it has always been, but with more or less collective consciousness compared to other times. I'm more worried about the biosphere. It hurts me because it and I are part of one organism.

I would liken the statement closer to Ne than Ni. Jung and others smarter than I placed NF's in a category highest to trust things that 'felt like they made sense'. Ni users are much more objective about their expressed perceptions, I feel. An accurate summarization of Ni, though.
    Well, NFJ's are NF's and also Ni users, so your statements are somewhat inconsistent. I wasn't really serious about the first thing, as I'm not 100% certain of anything; feeling right is just an intuitive hunch and not definitive proof.

What is more important, insight you know to be true or factual, objective information?
    Something I know to be true is more important; but if it is only an intuitive thing, it's a vague interpretation of facts; that is, in applying it and defining it, it could change in its expression with new relevant information. So if objective information is inconsistent with what I already know, I look at the underlying concepts and decide if they are in conflict, then sort it out logically and see which is true.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think you're ENTJ.
    Fair enough. What's a better fit and why?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Lol, people still try to reason with Lark. Si fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Fair enough. What's a better fit and why?
    I actually wouldnt venture to type you with the limited information that I have, I just dont believe that your posts in this thread strike me as being very ENTJ as I understand the ENTJ type. I've read more about that type than any other given that I've consistently come out with that type in tests. So while I may not understand what you or others have said about Fe or Fi or Te or Ti etc. I do have a clear enough picture of how ENTJs choose to communicate, reach conclusions, deal with opposition or disagreement and seek or do not seek validation of their opinions.

None of which really correspond to how you've posted, certainly not your final one. Perhaps you'd anticipated a different response from me or were playing a game. I dont know. What I do know is it certainly didnt strike me as a very ENTJ post. Maybe some of what you've said to me applies as well to yourself or better? Do you think its likely that you've been projecting?