User Tag List

First 300350390398399400401402410450500 Last

Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 7026

  1. #3991
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It all depends on how you read the posts, I know there's plenty of people who think that my posting on certain topics, like homosexuality, are feeling reactions or phobic, which I think is much more to do with how those arguments or ideas are standardly articulated in their own context than what I am typing. I've written about that before, so when I hear people say that my posts are a result of feelings or being feelings dominant I tend see it as a reflection of that.

    There's always the possibility that this is a rationalisation, its not my view, although it is a possible view.

    I'm not sure how Te dom works in your understanding of what that is because you failed to state it. I know how feeling works in friends who self-identify as feelers on a pretty consistent basis and its not how I am, most of the time I think its mores the pity because they are pretty special people who're exemplars of a rich inner life and profoundity in external relationships. Thinking has its advantages too, from the reading I have done my habitual thought patterns are the kind of thing people undertake CBT reading, training or counselling to deliberately develop.
    I don't think it depends on how others read your posts at all. To me, Te is very cut and dry and hard to misinterpret based on that fact. I don't look at where your opinions lay on certain topics, I look at how you communicate them to others. You get upset because people don't agree with you.

    For me the Te-Fi spectrum is about mixing facts with personal opinion with a desire to inform, not necessarily influence. There is more of an emphasis on personal truth.

    I don't see that with you ever, most especially with your threads on hot topics.

    It's not a bad thing, if you aren't a T, Lark. It just isn't who you actually are. I am leaning more towards ESFJ actually.

  2. #3992
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    My personal litmus test is whether or not my opinions of certain key things change under the influence of feelings I have about others or if they dont change whether I feel positively or negatively about them, generally they dont. To be honest, and this is something I told the boss, I think its useful if it makes people think about what makes them tick and to begin to reflect, its not a hard science and there's different interpretations which can be made of the different cognitive sets.
    I think this is a apt and kinda lovely illustration of the use of Fe/Ti.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    It's not a bad thing, if you aren't a T, Lark. It just isn't who you actually are. I am leaning more towards ESFJ actually.
    Seconded.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  3. #3993
    inside the lines EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    17,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Ehhhh, that's not how Te works in Te-doms. However, I am not Te-dom so perhaps some actually te-doms can voice their opinion if they so choose to.
    I'll see if I can be of any help.
    I think most people respond to the innate sense of leadership that many Te-dom types, especially ENTJ, exude like other types exude sweat.
    That used to be one of the elements of ExTJ type descriptions that I didn't relate to. But then I realized that people who think highly of me, think that I lead by example, in everything I do. Confidence, assertiveness, perpetual certainty, and self-assuredness -- things that Te-doms exude 24/7, whether they want to or not -- tend to register as "leadership" to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well they are typed as INTJ, which I think could be correct, I've thought about this and concluded that the E interacts with the T and J in a way that can appear like pronounced feeling, usually of a bad some, ie vexed and pissed off all the time, angry and despairing type.
    Like Te fueled by Fi?
    I'm more comfortable with thinking rather than feeling and probably do it more, I intellectualise questions others settle with gut reactions, I'm a little bit jealous of some feelers I've read about who're mystics or musicians, artists or the like because they do have experience of the world which is pretty divergent from mine.
    The bolded sounds like Te to me. Less the actual statement, than the implication that it's either a gut reaction or it's logic. That separation of thinking and feeling resonates with me, as it's how I tend to view my own feelings and my own use of Fi. Fi comes up out of nowhere, right when you think you're being perfectly logical, and it feels like a gut reaction, like your id showing itself, even though that's not what it is at all.

    Though some of this could be confirmation bias, on my part... because:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Makind, more rationalising than rational.
    ^ QFT



    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I think this is a apt and kinda lovely illustration of the use of Fe/Ti.
    I'll trust you on this one. I don't know a lot about Fe, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  4. #3994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I don't think it depends on how others read your posts at all. To me, Te is very cut and dry and hard to misinterpret based on that fact. I don't look at where your opinions lay on certain topics, I look at how you communicate them to others. You get upset because people don't agree with you.

    For me the Te-Fi spectrum is about mixing facts with personal opinion with a desire to inform, not necessarily influence. There is more of an emphasis on personal truth.

    I don't see that with you ever, most especially with your threads on hot topics.

    It's not a bad thing, if you aren't a T, Lark. It just isn't who you actually are. I am leaning more towards ESFJ actually.


    Yeah, I get that. Not the ESFJ thing, there's other reasons I wouldnt say that I'm S.

    Anyway, the upset thing and agreement thing, it does bother me that certain opinions prevail because I think those opinions are objectively mistaken and that has consequences. I dont really need agreement from anyone and I'm generally pleased anytime people agree to disagree, I think that's healthy and everyone is entitled to their opinions, even when they are wrong. They'll say the same about my opinions but that's fine too, its only when people try to interfer with my opinion or compell me to adopt their opinions that I really get bothered by it.

    It is interesting what you say about informing vs. influencing, however, I would suggest that personal truth, as opposed to concerns with objective or universal truth, is a product of a feeling trait.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

    A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

  5. #3995
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    The bolded sounds like Te to me. Less the actual statement, than the implication that it's either a gut reaction or it's logic. That separation of thinking and feeling resonates with me, as it's how I tend to view my own feelings and my own use of Fi. Fi comes up out of nowhere, right when you think you're being perfectly logical, and it feels like a gut reaction, like your id showing itself, even though that's not what it is at all.
    See, the dichotomy that he mentioned didn't resonate for me whatsoever. The opposition in ENTJs is more along the lines of gut reaction (Te-Se) and controlled, deliberate implementation (Te-Ni). It's never an emotional call. Also, the subtle denigration of "gut reactions" screams Si to me. Namely, because for all that I know that my "gut reactions" aren't always the best considered, there's a thrill and a naturalness to them. I've never in my life felt superior to someone for seeing them following Se.

    No, Te-Ni snobbery is firmly rooted in Fi. ENTJs could give a fuck about what other people think or what they're up to, frankly, because we're so utterly engrossed by our own wonderfulness and fantabulousness. We're not out to educate the masses cause other people, as a rule, don't even register most of the time. We're perfectly content to leave that shit to the EFJ crowd.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  6. #3996
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post


    Yeah, I get that. Not the ESFJ thing, there's other reasons I wouldnt say that I'm S.

    Anyway, the upset thing and agreement thing, it does bother me that certain opinions prevail because I think those opinions are objectively mistaken and that has consequences. I dont really need agreement from anyone and I'm generally pleased anytime people agree to disagree, I think that's healthy and everyone is entitled to their opinions, even when they are wrong. They'll say the same about my opinions but that's fine too, its only when people try to interfer with my opinion or compell me to adopt their opinions that I really get bothered by it.

    It is interesting what you say about informing vs. influencing, however, I would suggest that personal truth, as opposed to concerns with objective or universal truth, is a product of a feeling trait.
    It's called Fi. It either arrives as the younger or older sibling to Te.

    Can you expand on why you don't think you are S?

  7. #3997
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    What have I said for a while now? Lark is ESFJ, and Saturned is ENFP. I'm right, case closed.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

    "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

    ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?


    Johari Nohari

    https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

  8. #3998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'll see if I can be of any help.

    That used to be one of the elements of ExTJ type descriptions that I didn't relate to. But then I realized that people who think highly of me, think that I lead by example, in everything I do. Confidence, assertiveness, perpetual certainty, and self-assuredness -- things that Te-doms exude 24/7, whether they want to or not -- tend to register as "leadership" to others.

    Like Te fueled by Fi?

    The bolded sounds like Te to me. Less the actual statement, than the implication that it's either a gut reaction or it's logic. That separation of thinking and feeling resonates with me, as it's how I tend to view my own feelings and my own use of Fi. Fi comes up out of nowhere, right when you think you're being perfectly logical, and it feels like a gut reaction, like your id showing itself, even though that's not what it is at all.

    Though some of this could be confirmation bias, on my part... because:

    ^ QFT



    Edit:

    I'll trust you on this one. I don't know a lot about Fe, after all.
    I dont understand a lot of the MBTI lingo which people are using Te vs. Fi or Te fuelled by Fi etc. My reading of MBTI is not that extensive and given what people have said about the string of different authors writing on MBTI I'm not surprised that I dont know that.

    I do think that affect is more powerful than thinking, mankind has had animal consciouness for much longer than it has had human consciousness and it has a lot of legacies and exacts a great control still, especially were culture is on the wane and I think it is one of the greatest counters to the more basic or beast like drives. Its part of the reason I think psychoanalysis has more to offer than CBT.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

    A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

  9. #3999
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,039

    Default

    @wheelchairdoug is istp
    @greenfairy is infp

    that's it for now
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  10. #4000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    It's called Fi. It either arrives as the younger or older sibling to Te.

    Can you expand on why you don't think you are S?
    Its to do with my sort of awareness, as I understand it a sensor would be spatially aware to the extent that they could list the shops or sorts of buildings that they pass on the way to their workplace, whereas a intuitive would be more likely to pass a builiding they'd passed all along and say "wow, never saw that before" kind of thing.

    By that measure I'm definitely in the intuitive camp, why do you think I'm S? Or is it more to do with the discription of the ESFJ type fitting me as you know me from my posts?
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

    A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6784
    Last Post: Yesterday, 09:06 AM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts