User Tag List

Page 399 of 701 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    I have been called: ENTP, INTJ, ENFJ, ISFP, ENTJ, ESFP, ENFP, INTP.
    You're an INFP, INFJ, ISTJ, ISTP, ESTP, ESTJ, ESFJ, ISFJ.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    You're an INFP, INFJ, ISTJ, ISTP, ESTP, ESTJ, ESFJ, ISFJ.
    Just for further clarity: No.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    Just for further clarity: No.
    IHOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Bears.

Beets.

Battlestar Gallactica.

Have you considered ExFJ? You don't come across as Te, more Fe.
    Well they are typed as INTJ, which I think could be correct, I've thought about this and concluded that the E interacts with the T and J in a way that can appear like pronounced feeling, usually of a bad some, ie vexed and pissed off all the time, angry and despairing type.

I'm more comfortable with thinking rather than feeling and probably do it more, I intellectualise questions others settle with gut reactions, I'm a little bit jealous of some feelers I've read about who're mystics or musicians, artists or the like because they do have experience of the world which is pretty divergent from mine.

My personal litmus test is whether or not my opinions of certain key things change under the influence of feelings I have about others or if they dont change whether I feel positively or negatively about them, generally they dont. To be honest, and this is something I told the boss, I think its useful if it makes people think about what makes them tick and to begin to reflect, its not a hard science and there's different interpretations which can be made of the different cognitive sets.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    To be honest, and this is something I told the boss, I think its useful if it makes people think about what makes them tick and to begin to reflect, its not a hard science and there's different interpretations which can be made of the different cognitive sets.
    This is my standpoint--the main takeaways are the general impressions such as getting us to think about what makes people tick.

Moreover, because of those different interpretations (MBTI, Jung, Berens, Kiersey, Lenore, etc.), one man's "ISTJ" is another man's "organized and punctual ISTP" or somesuch.

I can at least partially peg myself under individual systems--but as a whole? The stars just don't align. While I'm still continually interested in how I come across--I've heard INFJ, ENFJ, ENFP, ENTP--it seems as though people make their assessments from a variety of different standpoints that can't be reconciled. I'd list a definite type if it didn't mean vastly different things to different people.

Thus, I'm ignostic with respect to type until we all figure out what the hell we're talking about first, because we're not clarifying our understanding of others when we chase various ADD-addled rabbits down holes and can't trace our way back to the origin of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    This is my standpoint--the main takeaways are the general impressions such as getting us to think about what makes people tick.

Moreover, because of those different interpretations (MBTI, Jung, Berens, Kiersey, Lenore, etc.), one man's "ISTJ" is another man's "organized and punctual ISTP" or somesuch.
    I can at least partially peg myself under individual systems--but as a whole? The stars just don't align. While I'm still continually interested in how I come across--I've heard INFJ, ENFJ, ENFP, ENTP--it seems as though people make their assessments from a variety of different standpoints that can't be reconciled. I'd list a definite type if it didn't mean vastly different things to different people.

Thus, I'm ignostic with respect to type until we all figure out what the hell we're talking about first, because we're not clarifying our understanding of others when we chase various ADD-addled rabbits down holes and can't trace our way back to the origin of the problem.
    That's the best way of putting it to be honest.

I know that when most people respond to someone saying they are ENTJ its a reaction to it being defined as a leadership type there's a whole supeiror-inferior thing which intrudes upon it which shouldnt.

Then there's specific definitions of a type which are then linked to recent context, which itself is interpreted in a particular or specific way, so you could have someone say "well you behaved this or that way with your ex-girlfriend" which is not "true to type" but how they have interpreted context, ie girlfriend interaction, is subjective and linked to the definition how they see fit.

Makind, more rationalising than rational.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

I think Lark is ESFJ.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well they are typed as INTJ, which I think could be correct, I've thought about this and concluded that the E interacts with the T and J in a way that can appear like pronounced feeling, usually of a bad some, ie vexed and pissed off all the time, angry and despairing type.

I'm more comfortable with thinking rather than feeling and probably do it more, I intellectualise questions others settle with gut reactions, I'm a little bit jealous of some feelers I've read about who're mystics or musicians, artists or the like because they do have experience of the world which is pretty divergent from mine.

My personal litmus test is whether or not my opinions of certain key things change under the influence of feelings I have about others or if they dont change whether I feel positively or negatively about them, generally they dont. To be honest, and this is something I told the boss, I think its useful if it makes people think about what makes them tick and to begin to reflect, its not a hard science and there's different interpretations which can be made of the different cognitive sets.
    Ehhhh, that's not how Te works in Te-doms. However, I am not Te-dom so perhaps some actually te-doms can voice their opinion if they so choose to.

I just never get that Te objective vibe from your posts. I don't mean this in a bad way; it's just that I don't see evidence to support this hypothesis.

I know that when most people respond to someone saying they are ENTJ its a reaction to it being defined as a leadership type there's a whole supeiror-inferior thing which intrudes upon it which shouldnt.
    I think most people respond to the innate sense of leadership that many Te-dom types, especially ENTJ, exude like other types exude sweat.

WALMART

- Lark's MBTI Analysis Commencing -

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

*boop*

ESTJ.

You are objective, but objective directly against previous experience. Your methods of collecting information are perhaps where your insights come from, hence Ne instead of Ni. Ne is tertiary in your function stacking though, because I see a drive towards some sort of growth. I think auxiliary judgers/inferior perceivers are more 'set in their ways'.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Ehhhh, that's not how Te works in Te-doms. However, I am not Te-dom so perhaps some actually te-doms can voice their opinion if they so choose to.

I just never get that Te objective vibe from your posts. I don't mean this in a bad way; it's just that I don't see evidence to support this hypothesis.

I think most people respond to the innate sense of leadership that many Te-dom types, especially ENTJ, exude like other types exude sweat.
    It all depends on how you read the posts, I know there's plenty of people who think that my posting on certain topics, like homosexuality, are feeling reactions or phobic, which I think is much more to do with how those arguments or ideas are standardly articulated in their own context than what I am typing. I've written about that before, so when I hear people say that my posts are a result of feelings or being feelings dominant I tend see it as a reflection of that.

There's always the possibility that this is a rationalisation, its not my view, although it is a possible view.

I'm not sure how Te dom works in your understanding of what that is because you failed to state it. I know how feeling works in friends who self-identify as feelers on a pretty consistent basis and its not how I am, most of the time I think its mores the pity because they are pretty special people who're exemplars of a rich inner life and profoundity in external relationships. Thinking has its advantages too, from the reading I have done my habitual thought patterns are the kind of thing people undertake CBT reading, training or counselling to deliberately develop.