First 297347387395396397398399407447497 Last

Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 7100

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    There are probably quite a lot of NT wannabes on this forum.
    Some people do not trust their own knowing so they end up using typology to convince their rationz. It happens though.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    You have the same tone as sprinkles another INFJ.
    I've noticed that too, somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    That doesn't seem very scientific, but this is the level this system deserves.
    True enough. And good enough for Ni.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    @jontherobot why do you think Ni dominants are so rare? I'm not discounting your claim, though I'm just wondering what line of reasoning led you to such a conclusion.

I believe the key to understanding intuitive dominants is to understand how the mind works.

What separates us from animals of lesser intelligence is the interconnection of our neural pathways. Not even the most advanced technologies of today can distinguish between an ant neuron and a human neuron. My favorite neuroscientist, Michael S. Gazzaniga, put the difference kind of something like this:

"Imagine you are in Oklahoma and someone robs a store. He leaves the state, and you are tasked with tracking him down. If you were a police agency equivalent to a whale's brain, it would be like having three federal agents searching different states looking for the perpetrator. If you were a police agency equivalent to a human brain, it would be like being able to search thirty-eight states at once looking for the perpetrator."

Humans are exponentially more capable of tracking and identifying critical information relevant to thought processes, to the point where we can look for five, ten, and twenty 'perpetrators' at a time efficiently. This gives rise to a multitude of advantages over minds capable of only a few simultaneous threads of thought.

Now that some basic physiology of the mind is out of the way, we must look at the Ne/Si - Ni/Se duality. Ne and Se are methods of metabolizing information (from the previous analogy - federal officers), while Ni and Si are methods of recalling information (the perpetrators). Ne users are quick at metabolizing information; I think of it like lightning shooting across existing nodes of Si into the unknown, forging a path to be filled with more nodes of Si. The data generated by this imaginative thought then falls into 'factual' information, which is why I think Ne users are labeled as 'expert classifiers' - kind of like a system of guilty until proven innocent.

Ni users, however, prefer to work and rework the nodes of information already accrued, relying on the direct interpretation of sensory input to provide new nodes to be worked around. To be Ni-dom is to consistently seek nodes of Si that have connections previously unrealized, like turning a stone over four times expecting to see something different on the next flip. They will observe it from the top down and bottom up simultaneously, under a black light, heated up to 300 degrees and then dipped in paint if it meant coming to an objective, definitive conclusion (hence aux Te/Fe - the strive for objective criteria) - in the Se/Ni system, it is kind of like innocent until proven guilty.

I just don't see Ni dominance in many people. I honestly think it manifests itself as a twinge of crazy; I don't think people have the capacity for such mentally exhausting procedure, and statistics apparently back up my perception.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    So do you think I actually am then ?

I think they actually are, because though they are rare in real life, more of them would gravitate to forums. The type distribution on the forum is not random.

I do not get an infj vibe from you. I'd have to talk to you real time to be sure though.

I think you possess an innate desire to understand yourself and the universe you exist in, more so than most - Ti or Fi - likely the latter. I think you prefer objective facts to what your mind conjures and enjoy contemplating these facts - Ni use, which you obviously prefer over Si. I'd vote isfp.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I believe the key to understanding intuitive dominants is to understand how the mind works.

What separates us from animals of lesser intelligence is the interconnection of our neural pathways. Not even the most advanced technologies of today can distinguish between an ant neuron and a human neuron. My favorite neuroscientist, Michael S. Gazzaniga, put the difference kind of something like this:

"Imagine you are in Oklahoma and someone robs a store. He leaves the state, and you are tasked with tracking him down. If you were a police agency equivalent to a whale's brain, it would be like having three federal agents searching different states looking for the perpetrator. If you were a police agency equivalent to a human brain, it would be like being able to search thirty-eight states at once looking for the perpetrator."

Humans are exponentially more capable of tracking and identifying critical information relevant to thought processes, to the point where we can look for five, ten, and twenty 'perpetrators' at a time efficiently. This gives rise to a multitude of advantages over minds capable of only a few simultaneous threads of thought.

Now that some basic physiology of the mind is out of the way, we must look at the Ne/Si - Ni/Se duality. Ne and Se are methods of metabolizing information (from the previous analogy - federal officers), while Ni and Si are methods of recalling information (the perpetrators). Ne users are quick at metabolizing information; I think of it like lightning shooting across existing nodes of Si into the unknown, forging a path to be filled with more nodes of Si. The data generated by this imaginative thought then falls into 'factual' information, which is why I think Ne users are labeled as 'expert classifiers' - kind of like a system of guilty until proven innocent.

Ni users, however, prefer to work and rework the nodes of information already accrued, relying on the direct interpretation of sensory input to provide new nodes to be worked around. To be Ni-dom is to consistently seek nodes of Si that have connections previously unrealized, like turning a stone over four times expecting to see something different on the next flip. They will observe it from the top down and bottom up simultaneously, under a black light, heated up to 300 degrees and then dipped in paint if it meant coming to an objective, definitive conclusion (hence aux Te/Fe - the strive for objective criteria) - in the Se/Ni system, it is kind of like innocent until proven guilty.

I just don't see Ni dominance in many people. I honestly think it manifests itself as a twinge of crazy; I don't think people have the capacity for such mentally exhausting procedure, and statistics apparently back up my perception.

I do not get an infj vibe from you. I'd have to talk to you real time to be sure though.

I think you possess an innate desire to understand yourself and the universe you exist in, more so than most - Ti or Fi - likely the latter. I think you prefer objective facts to what your mind conjures and enjoy contemplating these facts - Ni use, which you obviously prefer over Si. I'd vote isfp.
    Interesting. I have an ISFP friend and he and I are completely opposite psychologically, but I could see why you'd think that.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think that I am a mistyped 7w6(sw6w5) whom is in real life a 6w7(sw7w8)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

JTR I'm glad you answered my question. Now for my thoughts on your responce:

Yes I agree with the story example you used, where the ability to hold many thoughts within the mind at once gives one advanced levels of perception, and from this one can see things from all possible angles and dimensions, these different states of mind we can tap into giving us a greater awareness, almost like an illumination or an awakening, which I could see as sharing a connection with Ni cognition.

It seems you are saying that Ne users can branch outwards in order to interconnect related or even potentially unrelated information into a corehent whole, different categorical systems being attached to each branch, and of course each branch constitutes the same tree, and the funny thing too is that trees do indeed quite literally get struck by epic bolts of lightning.

I see that Ni will turn the world on its head with revolutionary insights that completely transform our current paradigm, and that Ni is open to all of the possibilities, with a mixed wonder for what could be true, and a skepticism for what could be false, balancing them out on the scales of judgment, and then arriving at the destination of a fixed decision.

If Ni dominants are so rare, as the above information implies, then it follows that we may need to begin second guessing ourselves, not only in regards to our own types, but also on all frontiers, checking decisions out against all available criteria in a never ending quest of questioning each and every one of our preconcieved convictions. This method may not only apply to typing oneself, but could also be used as a universally applicable system to all questions requiring a full and complete analysis in their design, following the chain of contingency to the inscrutable source containing within the grand and unified truth of all things.

WALMART

Interesting. I have an ISFP friend and he and I are completely opposite psychologically, but I could see why you'd think that.

In what ways are you opposite?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

In what ways are you opposite?
    That would be a pretty long and detailed post...

You want to read another Greenfairy wall of text? haha

WALMART

That would be a pretty long and detailed post...

You want to read another Greenfairy wall of text? haha

I aspire to be the greatest typologist in all of history. I must know what differentiates one another.

So if you're up to it, yes, I do.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    JTR I'm glad you answered my question. Now for my thoughts on your responce:

Yes I agree with the story example you used, where the ability to hold many thoughts within the mind at once gives one advanced levels of perception, and from this one can see things from all possible angles and dimensions, these different states of mind we can tap into giving us a greater awareness, almost like an illumination or an awakening, which I could see as sharing a connection with Ni cognition.

No prob. Yes, I think of the evolution of intelligence as an arms race of understanding how to manipulate the external world - literally. Warring tribes likely survived and bred based on how well they could throw a rock or perceive their mates intentions. Higher bandwidth, multi-threaded people simply triumphed over those that couldn't grasp Newtonian motion or why women Fe.

It seems you are saying that Ne users can branch outwards in order to interconnect related or even potentially unrelated information into a corehent whole, different categorical systems being attached to each branch, and of course each branch constitutes the same tree, and the funny thing too is that trees do indeed quite literally get struck by epic bolts of lightning.

Yes, exactly. I think they require external stimulus for the connections to be made, which differentiates Ni preference, where the connections are made internally. I like that analogy, a tree being struck by lightning :P I suppose I would liken Ni, then, as a web with a spider traipsing across it sucking the blood from her victims.

I see that Ni will turn the world on its head with revolutionary insights that completely transform our current paradigm, and that Ni is open to all of the possibilities, with a mixed wonder for what could be true, and a skepticism for what could be false, balancing them out on the scales of judgment, and then arriving at the destination of a fixed decision.

Yar. I wonder if a thread should be made on Ne/Ni comparative weaknesses, if it doesn't already exist. I kind of want to make one on the Ne/Si - Se/Ni duality. I've had a good bit of potentially constructive thoughts regarding that.

If Ni dominants are so rare, as the above information implies, then it follows that we may need to begin second guessing ourselves, not only in regards to our own types, but also on all frontiers, checking decisions out against all available criteria in a never ending quest of questioning each and every one of our preconceived convictions. This method may not only apply to typing oneself, but could also be used as a universally applicable system to all questions requiring a full and complete analysis in their design, following the chain of contingency to the inscrutable source containing within the grand and unified truth of all things.

Such an Ni-dom :P

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :wink:
  • ;)