First 292342382390391392393394402442492 Last

Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 7139

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - you're unusually Sanguine for an ESTJ, particularly and ESTJ 1
    - SJs with a 7 fix tend to have stronger Ne and be more interested in exploring new ideas
    That seems true. I also think I'm more easily distracted by cool new things, and it's harder for me to stay focused on tasks if I don't think they're useful or fun.
    I sort of thought Sp first because you seem to keep to yourself more/be more focused on perfecting your own life, habits etc as opposed to society at large. Sp/So understands hierarchies too, they just tend to view them as a means rather than an ends. So dom 1w2s are extremely political (though an Sp/So 1w2 could be as well) and focused on social reform and improving society
    Interesting. Could you elaborate a bit on the bolded?

Also, if anyone else has an opinion, speak up! I would speak for myself, but I honestly don't know enough about tritype to be authoritative here.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That seems true. I also think I'm more easily distracted by cool new things, and it's harder for me to stay focused on tasks if I don't think they're useful or fun.

Interesting. Could you elaborate a bit on the bolded?
    Sp/So recognizes social hierarchies and utilizes them for self advancement (for instance, using contacts to secure a promotion or a business deal). So/Sp uses their Sp to look after the needs and concerns of their community or group.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Sp/So recognizes social hierarchies and utilizes them for self advancement (for instance, using contacts to secure a promotion or a business deal). So/Sp uses their Sp to look after the needs and concerns of their community or group.
    Hm. I think it depends, for me. If I'm figuring out hierarchies in a group that I'm unfamiliar with, it's really just data collection. I want to understand my social environment, and I can only do that if I understand how that group operates. I'm not entirely certain what my motivation is, for that -- probably the same motivations that I have for following gossip (which I have been known to do). Getting to know people without getting too close to them, maybe.

I know that the skill is pretty useful with learning about cute guys, though. I find out if we have any mutual friends, I trace through that network to find out what his friends think of him, whether I'm his usual type, whether he's my usual type.

As for groups of friends and friendly acquaintances, I want to understand the social dynamics there because it helps me deal with the group with greater success. It can help me, for example, make sure everyone is having a good time, when I'm hosting a party. You have to know who to invite, because you don't want to invite one person from one of your social groups and five people from another, unless you're certain that those five people would be very inclusive of the one person they don't know.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I really don't think you're an 8. You seem like either a 9w8 or a 7w6 and probably So/Sx. If you are indeed an 8, you are the strangest 8 that I've ever met.
    seconded (my thoughts on her type are exactly the same, in fact, I was JUST about to post about this lol)
    @kyuuei
    how do you relate to this description of 8?
    Naranjo, in Character and Neurosis:
    Ennea-Type VIII: "Sadistic Character and Lust"
    Lust is.. a kinship to indolence... an attempt to compensate for a hidden lack of aliveness.
    "Anti social personality disorder"
    "phallic narcissistic"
    disobedient and defiant
    "moral anesthesia"
    ... guiltlessness, incapacity of object love, impulsivity, emotional shallowness
    concealed sadistic characteristics
    exploitative orientation
    "does not expect to receive things from others as gifts, but to take them away from others by force or cunning"
    He describes the most unhealthy 8s as anti-social personalities:
    hostile affectivity, assertive self-image, interpersonal vindictiveness, malevolent projection...
    "the need for vindictive triumph"
    "He is convinced that everyone at the bottom is malevolent and crooked, that friendly gestures are hypocritical... regard everyone with distrust"
    He quotes Horney on a "lusty person" (8):
    "He is openly arrogant, often rude and offensive, although sometime this is covered with a thin veneer of civil politeness. In subtle and gross ways with or without realizing it, he humiliates others and exploits them. He may use women for the satisfaction of his sexual needs with utter disregard for their feelings....uses people as a means to an end......maintains contacts exclusively on the basis of their serving his needs for triumph....as stepping stones in his career....utter disregard of others' needs...
    contemptuous disregard for others...intimidating others into a subdued appeasement...
    "This absence of sympathy has many causes, lying in his hostility towards others and in his lacking sympathy for himself. But what contributes most to his callousness toward others is the envy of them. It is a bitter envy --not for this for that particular asset, but pervasive--and stems from his feeling excluded from life in general....
    lust may be seen as repressed envy
    Now in Naranjo's own description of type 8:
    The revenge which is present in ennea-type VIII is a long term one... in response to the pain, humiliation and impotence felt in early childhood.
    "a manifestation of vindictive punitiveness"
    "power seeking", "putting others down", "disdain and scorn for others"
    Their seductiveness, bragging, and arrogant claims are consciously manipulative; they are geared to gaining influence and elevation in the power and dominance hierarchy.
    ...to compensate for feelings of guilt, shame and worthlessness evoked by his disregard of others the individual has engaged in a process of guilt denial...
    ... ennea-type VIII character fails to constitute full humanness..
    ...lust, in its impetuous grasping of the tangible, entails an impoverishment of tender qualities and subtlety which results in a loss of wholeness...this reaching, substituted for being, leaves him forever dissatisfied, craving intensity.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

seconded (my thoughts on her type are exactly the same, in fact, I was JUST about to post about this lol)

how do you relate to this description of 8?
    :/ O rly.

your dreams are SOO 8
    Luckily, my parents raised me right and I don't suck at life, so I'm not a very unhealthy person in terms of typology. I don't use women sexually, or any of the other stuff written in the quoted text... I don't really relate to that post. What I do relate to is the healthy and average type 8 descriptions.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Ugh, I really don't like Naranjo. I just read his 1 description and it quoted all the cliches that I hate, especially those related to "puritanical" values and anal-retentiveness in the Freudian sense.

Doesn't surprise me that his 8 description would be as bad.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Ugh, I really don't like Naranjo. I just read his 1 description and it quoted all the cliches that I hate, especially those related to "puritanical" values and anal-retentiveness in the Freudian sense.

Doesn't surprise me that his 8 description would be as bad.
    Seriously :c if anyone really thought and acted on even half of that they'd be, at best, a lousy member of society and dysfunctional.. I don't think I'd not be in jail somehow right now if I related to any of that.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Seriously :c if anyone really thought and acted on even half of that they'd be, at best, a lousy member of society and dysfunctional.. I don't think I'd not be in jail somehow right now if I related to any of that.
    It was definitely not a description of a healthy individual!

His 1 description says that 1s have an "autocratic style, a self-confident and dignified assertiveness, an aristocratic self-concept and a superior, haughty, disdainful and perhaps condescending and patronizing demeanor." That's me!

Edit: As I keep reading, he actually described my family dynamic with a creepy degree of accuracy: two parents who are, together, a combination of absent, demanding, and over-accommodating.

The rest of it is still too Freudian for me, though.

garbage

Yeah, the descriptions are supposed to pinpoint core neuroses--perhaps ones that we actually have but at a very, very subtle level. But if anyone actually relates to the descriptions at face value, they'd probably be put in a mental ward.

"too Freudian" is a good way to put it.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Okay, @Elfboy, you've convinced me for now.

Part of why I've tended to be so resistant towards sp-dominance, is that almost every single description I read tends to emphasize physical and material well-being, in either a pseudo-agoraphobic sense or a 50's housewife sense -- neither of which I relate to. But I do relate to the description that I've just read, that compares Sp-dom Ones to Sixes:
    Characterized by a tendency towards worry and negative anticipation, especially as it relates to material well-being. Can seem a little like Sixes. They fret about how to avoid making mistakes that could jeopardize survival.. Sense of being undeserving or inadequate - try to compensate with worry. As a parent or friend, they might be critical and nurturing by turns, wanting to protect you from the same negative consequences they worry about.
    This is the kind of thing that I relate to: things that threaten my survival in the abstract sense, e.g. avoiding unnecessary stress, trying to maintain my mental health. Although I'm very, very serious about eating 3 meals a day -- a trait I share with Sp-dom @thealchemist.

So... if anyone has any objections to my re-typing as sp/so...?