• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was mistyped. By myself. I think I'm 4sx-EIE instead of 4sx-EII.

I thought initially : "extrotim=active, introtim=passive". But active/passive, though a sign of extroversion/introversion, does not fit my perceived definition anymore. If I was an introvert, I would probably don't have this feeling to talk to people in a loud and risky manner all the time. It's exhausting. I may be physically passive, but I'm socially and mentally active. Physical passiveness is common to 459's, and they may be extroverted especially if they have the sx instinct.

I thought initially also : "all people with a certain Etype and a certain dominant instinct are equally extroverted". I think I was mistaken, because I think Enneagram does not fully describe the physiological aspects of personality. That assertion was nonsense whatsoever because, for example 6sx's may be EIE's and EII's.

But I'm not a stereotype of EIE, because I'm actually barely an extrovert. When people think of EIE's, they think of Twos and Sixes. Fours range from extreme introverts to bare extroverts.

Another thing that makes me think I'm EIE is that I'm more attracted to LSI women than LSE women.

Shadow Play

If I argue about how argumentative I am, does that mean I'm not an INFJ? ;)

Personality theory is more about tendencies than certainties. I wouldn't say you're an INFJ with any certainty, but regardless of whether you're a P or a J (or on-the-fence), I'd sooner type you as an INFJ than I would type myself as one.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Still trying to figure out if I'm more ESFP or ENFP. Sometimes I think I prefer the sensory world as much as the intuitive one.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How would a 8w9 and a 9w8 differ?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
How would a 8w9 and a 9w8 differ?

9w8 is a pillar that's hard to push over. Nonetheless, it usually just sorta stands there.

8w9 is a steamship that allows nothing to get in its way. Nonetheless, it's able to drop its anchor and sit for awhile.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
9w8 is a pillar that's hard to push over. Nonetheless, it usually just sorta stands there.

8w9 is a steamship that allows nothing to get in its way. Nonetheless, it's able to drop its anchor and sit for awhile.

So, 9w8 completely passive and 8w9 in "tank" mode that calms down for a while?

But what about their relation with anger?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
So, 9w8 completely passive and 8w9 in "tank" mode that calms down for a while?

But what about their relation with anger?

I wouldn't say that any healthy person of any type is completely passive.

But, as a general rule, 8s have a need for physical expansion. This can be taking up and using space with their bodies, or using a loud voice, or having an arrogant, boastful, just generally confident presence. They basically lack apology for existing.

9s are inherently somewhat the opposite. They are more floaty or grounded in presentation to others. They are earthy, like stationary roots, or gaseous like a passing cloud. They will sooner "apologize for existing", which may show in a tendency to sway according to the winds around them, like a willow tree.

As far as anger goes, and I'm going somewhat anecdotally from my personal experience with these types, 8s are sudden, intense, frightening, and more entitled. 9s can be sudden, but more 6ish in that they are often reacting personally, defensively, and sensitively. It may seem like more of an overreaction from them rooted within, whereas 8s obliterate the issue in a way that owns the situation and the world around them. You may be left wondering what the fuck happened with an 8, whereas a 9 might have some good points, or even be laughable in their overreaction (showing that connection to 6).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What if you don't like arguing with people, but you're constantly arguing with yourself?
OMG I actually relate to this. I have all kinds of inner conflicts - one is a super Mulder and Scully debate that never ends. I cannot stand to argue with other people though and tend to see both sides of arguments between external people, although that doesn't mean I equally agree with everything. The constant inner debate is almost torturous at times and involves a great deal of self-doubt and questioning. I don't have any idea how the majority of people can be so sure of their perspectives. Very confusing.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
OMG I actually relate to this. I have all kinds of inner conflicts - one is a super Mulder and Scully debate that never ends. I cannot stand to argue with other people though and tend to see both sides of arguments between external people, although that doesn't mean I equally agree with everything. The constant inner debate is almost torturous at times and involves a great deal of self-doubt and questioning. I don't have any idea how the majority of people can be so sure of their perspectives. Very confusing.

Sometimes it's just a matter of selecting your perspective and then going with it until it falls apart. So in that case it's a faux-sureness, which is really a confidence that something is worth pursuing.

A useful concept is synthesis. If perspectives A and B are in conflict and a debate is arising, form a new perspective C which is in agreement with both A and B on the important points. Often a perspective only has a certain portion of it which the person is really "sure" of, and the rest is kind of assumed to follow from it by association. So the grey area of "reasonable-ness" is quite flexible in how it can be transformed.

Truth is hard to grasp. Often there is a sense of things known, but difficult to communicate unless someone's on the same page already. This leads to conflict because people are dealing with different lenses, different experiences, different beliefs.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Aren't Ni-valuing types prone to this sort of internal dialogue and second-guessing? I wouldn't consider this a bad thing, you're being open-minded and constantly questioning supposed truths versus people who stubbornly stick to one perspective.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I wouldn't say that any healthy person of any type is completely passive.

But, as a general rule, 8s have a need for physical expansion. This can be taking up and using space with their bodies, or using a loud voice, or having an arrogant, boastful, just generally confident presence. They basically lack apology for existing.

9s are inherently somewhat the opposite. They are more floaty or grounded in presentation to others. They are earthy, like stationary roots, or gaseous like a passing cloud. They will sooner "apologize for existing", which may show in a tendency to sway according to the winds around them, like a willow tree.

As far as anger goes, and I'm going somewhat anecdotally from my personal experience with these types, 8s are sudden, intense, frightening, and more entitled. 9s can be sudden, but more 6ish in that they are often reacting personally, defensively, and sensitively. It may seem like more of an overreaction from them rooted within, whereas 8s obliterate the issue in a way that owns the situation and the world around them. You may be left wondering what the fuck happened with an 8, whereas a 9 might have some good points, or even be laughable in their overreaction (showing that connection to 6).

I still don't know. It seems like I'm somewhat in the middle.
It can be that I'm just becoming a healthier 6 though. I know they integrate to 9, but, as they become healthier, they're also supposed to be more confident and self-affirming.
However, also in my relationship with anger, I still fall in the middle. I'm very aware of it and it shows, not always in a purely defensive way and, as much as I try to hide it and mediate, it just shows.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=29978]Methylene[/MENTION] - I think my anger comparison was somewhat narrow and doesn't represent the full spectrum. For example, most healthy 8s don't actually have to use excessive anger to assert their dominance. But, I find it is helpful to look at the gut types via how they physically express a gut energy moreso than how they express anger, how they move through the world. 8s are expansive and expressive, seeking intensity in all that they do. 1s are rigid and controlled, like they are propped up with a pole that comes from their gut and holds the rest of their body up. 9s appear either self-rooted or somewhat formless in how they carry themselves.

I'm probably not explaining this well, so hopefully it makes some sense.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=29978]Methylene[/MENTION] - I think my anger comparison was somewhat narrow and doesn't represent the full spectrum. For example, most healthy 8s don't actually have to use excessive anger to assert their dominance. But, I find it is helpful to look at the gut types via how they physically express a gut energy moreso than how they express anger, how they move through the world. 8s are expansive and expressive, seeking intensity in all that they do. 1s are rigid and controlled, like they are propped up with a pole that comes from their gut and holds the rest of their body up. 9s appear either self-rooted or somewhat formless in how they carry themselves.

I'm probably not explaining this well, so hopefully it makes some sense.
At least this rules off e1 once for all.
Probably I should set back and try reading more about this...

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm so upset because this enneagram information website I adore so much is gone now, or they've changed URLs.
Remind me again what are the key differences between 2w3 and 2w1?