.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Aw, now, you're misreading NFs. It's not all puppies and sunshine. NFs can be moody sonofabitches too.
    I think that's not the point in question. It's the nuances of how the anger usually gets expressed, what tends to make the person mad, what they are willing to do and not do when they're upset, how they instinctively approach the release of their anger, etc., that is actually under debate.

I see a lot of the nuances and context getting dropped out of a thread like this, which will make any sort of consensus improbable.

i also see disagreements occurring based on type reads involving externalized behavior only (which is easily observable), versus type reads based on behavior + motivation (only some of which is observable), versus type reads based on motivations alone (which is not really observable by the general populace). What's the basis for one's type read of another person? Different conclusions can be reached depending on one's assumption of what proof is weighted more heavily.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    As for Te: "At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively."

Seriously, don't you see that you do this even on the forum?
    Yes, but I'm a moderator here, too. I wouldn't want a job like this, and I know that Te would only be tertiary, but still, it's not as strong as my Fe, which would be the alternate tertiary function.

Even with that, I would say this: my "goals" in posting at this site are:

1. Test original ideas
    2. Develop original ideas when replying to threads I find interesting
    3. Having fun, cracking jokes, developing friendships
    4. Give others advice by analyzing problems and finding solutions
    5. Soliciting advice regarding my own problems

The order changes from time to time depending on how comfortable I am, but I don't see these goals as being too "Te."

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    NFs yell at me all the time. That doesn't mean anything.
    Fair enough, although I think the style is different, and the concentration is different. Anytime I have a discussion with NFs, it always tends to digress and focus on the MANNER of communication rather than the communication itself. That bothers the living fuck out of me, and rings of T more than F.
    Last edited by ThatsWhatHeSaid; 07-28-2008 at 01:15 PM. Reason: moiged

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

^ do you not see how condescending you can be sometimes? You also appear frustrated a lot of the time. Would be interesting for someone on here to actually hang out with you irl, analyze you and report back to us with the results. fwiw Limey also thinks you're an NF.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Someone give me evidence of Fi from Edahn. I don't think I've ever seen it.

I could pull up a dozen or so threads he's started employing Ti.
    we fukin won boys

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    No, you're not an INTJ stereotype. You're actually more likely an INTJ than any of the INTJ stereotypes. At least that's why I haven't second-guessed your type.
    Umm. Okay then.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    The order changes from time to time depending on how comfortable I am, but I don't see these goals as being too "Te."
    Depends. Do your goals involve attaining some position (of power, prestige, or otherwise)?

Do they involve acquisition of things? How many of them do you want? Maybe you want 1 million dollars?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    ^ do you not see how condescending you can be sometimes? You also appear frustrated a lot of the time. Would be interesting for someone on here to actually hang out with you irl, analyze you and report back to us with the results.
    Condescending? Yeah. But, er...so what? I'm not really frustrated often at all, but some people :whistle: get on my nerves here and there. As for rl, I'm pretty normal. Bit shy at first. Probably be described as a little cocky but personable. I dunno. I think an LA meetup is in order.

fwiw Limey also thinks you're an NF.
    INTPc brings out the F in me, just as this site brings out the T in me. Contrast effect, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Depends. Do your goals involve attaining some position (of power, prestige, or otherwise)?

Do they involve acquisition of things? How many of them do you want? Maybe you want 1 million dollars?
    My goals are acquisition of information I can use to better understand myself and my surroundings. I've never really been interested in being rich, nor in having power. Prestige would be nice, but it's not at the top of my priority list.
    Last edited by ThatsWhatHeSaid; 07-28-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: also moiged

MBTI
    ENTP

My goals are acquisition of information I can use to better understand myself and my surroundings.
    Is that really a goal, or is it just something you do?

Sounds like the goal is actually to understand with collecting info is just to help to do that.

Not very Je.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Is that really a goal, or is it just something you do?
    It's my main motivation, so the former.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

INTPc brings out the F in me, just as this site brings out the T in me. Contrast effect, I guess.
    I'm not sure how ENFP men are compared to ENFP women, but over at INTPc you're a little fish in a big pond whereas over here (where we're kinder and gentler) you seem to see yourself as a the big fish. No one is denying that you're not clever but seeing you and hustler go at it was telling for me anyway.

I do like that you seem to be searching for inner peace whatever your type.