User Tag List

Page 371 of 701 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Well, it's often hard for people to be objective when answering these tests, but they can still be powerful to those that can. He made those tests in like 2 minutes, I don't think that's the right way to take these tests. You have to contemplate the questions as objectively as possibly to gain the best insights. Also, it is easy to be biased by recent experiences to answer differently than which would be true to yourself.
    I've tested as more extraverted before and as more Perceiving, but in general reliably intuitive.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Circle View Post
    I've tested as more extraverted before and as more Perceiving, but in general reliably intuitive.
    For me N and P and these kind of tests can fluctuate to S and J.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    For me N and P and these kind of tests can fluctuate to S and J.
    It doesn't seem very reliable. Doesn't seem possible for personality to actually change? Although, why not?

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It doesn't seem very reliable. Doesn't seem possible for personality to actually change? Although, why not?
    Here ia a message someone on Youtube wrote me regarding changing my type from INTP to ISTP:

You can not change your type. You are either one or the other. You can switch temporaritly and dabble in the other side, but that drains you and at the end of the day your true colors will show. I worked at a museum giving shows and classes. I had to be very extroverted and talk to lots of people. I was very good at this. But at the end of the day I was zonked and I could only do this part time not full time. Was I an ENTJ? Not at all. I can play the role but it's not permanent. INTP and ISTP have very different functions.
    INTP is the Architet with Ti, Ne, Si Fe
    ISTP is the Mechanic with Ti, Se, Ni, Fe

You're both analitical for being lead introverted thinkers but where the INTP bakes on the idea and keeps it theoretical ISTP wants to jump in the car and BE the test dummie because of his extroverted sensing second. ISTP's are more competitive and athletic because of this. They're also system builders third and don't use much intution because of this. INTP has extroverted intuition second. Very important for creativity, dreaming, pulling ideas from outer space. ISTP can not do this. This is the big difference in the two. This is too radical of a change to make permenantly unless you've been ISTP all along and need to really revaluate yourself and be introspective. I highly doubt that by the videos I've seen and how verbose you are. Not an ISTP trait.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Well, it's also important to answer truthfully to your current self, and not be influenced by ideals.

This is why self-typing is also often 'discouraged'. Or at least, it should not just be accepted and be subject to scrutinazation until you are sure that your type is your type.

As for changing types, I don't think it is impossible, but I doubt it's healthy.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ

It feels wrong to assume that a type can account for who we are. It's fun to play with, but if we take it too seriously it seems like we might run the risk of being defined or holding ourself to a way of thinking.

MBTI
    INFJ

Well, it's also important to answer truthfully to your current self, and not be influenced by ideals.
    That would seem to make it even less reliable. Ideals are more fixed than a current emotional state.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

That would seem to make it even less reliable. Ideals are more fixed than a current emotional state.
    Not if you can see through the questions and your answers of said questions properly. But it's true there are probably plenty of people that are just unable to type themselves based on these tests.

It feels wrong to assume that a type can account for who we are. It's fun to play with, but if we take it too seriously it seems like we might run the risk of being defined or holding ourself to a way of thinking.
    Treat MBTI as a tool, not a bench.

MBTI
    INFJ

Treat MBTI as a tool, not a bench.
    I don't follow you. A tool for what, a bench for what?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't follow you. A tool for what, a bench for what?
    A tool to improve with, not a bench to sit on.

edit: Sorry, bit distracted by irl life so im not being very clear. But we all constantly evolve throughout our lives. It's counter-productive to find your type and feel like that's it. But finding out your type and going on from there can bare many fruits.