• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=26674]Pluvio[/MENTION] I trust your reads moreso than others...if you have time and actually feel like it.

I find you to be an extrovert when I heard your voice and saw that one short video of you a long time ago. You tend to talk fast and jump around ideas a lot, making me think you have Ne somewhere in you. I mean, I can be bold and assume you're either an ENFP or an ESFJ.

The Sx/So makes a lot of sense. Your Sp is very low, I find, based on my communications with you. I'm having trouble deciding if you are a triple reactive, if anything you could be a 469 type of some sort, maybe if I could switch the numbers around: 694? 6w7-9w1-4w3. Or you could actually be a 614, 6w7-1w9-4w3. I mean your 1 is very very out there.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's no such thing as an INTJ 4

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ATTN

I have only been aspirationally 173 this whole time

Apparently I am actually 174.

PerC said:
1-7-4 : more eccentric, versatile and unconventional. This tritype characterizes some of the more energetic and self-indulgent of Ones. They are somewhat more enthusiastic and dramatic, and have some difficulty finding and keeping a balance: they’re occasionally rather scattered. They can become obsessional and manic about certain ideas and things, while being surprisingly careless in other areas. When stressed out, they can get quite moody.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think people on the internet have pretty low rates of correct typing other members. Most are horrible at it.

People often mistype themselves too. Most of the INTJs for example are just people that want to feel "masterminds".

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I think people on the internet have pretty low rates of correct typing other members. Most are horrible at it.

People often mistype themselves too. Most of the INTJs for example are just people that want to feel "masterminds".

Furthermore, if you aren't open to the possibility of having mistyped yourself, and/or you go around confidently correcting others' typings, then you are no more than a fool.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Furthermore, if you aren't open to the possibility of having mistyped yourself, and/or you go around confidently correcting others' typings, then you are no more than a fool.

Yeah it is silly, but I do think there is a certain point where you can be settled on a type too though after having gone through the possibilities.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
I would love it to have people contradicting my type, but I feel like I can't blend into the forum atmosphere and nobody knows me despite being here since two years. Feels alienating.

#emoboy

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would love it to have people contradicting my type, but I feel like I can't blend into the forum atmosphere and nobody knows me despite being here since two years. Feels alienating.

#emoboy

You've only got 164 posts under your belt. I'm sure if you participate more then people will get to know you better and come up with a better idea of your type, better feedback for you. If forum interaction comes difficult to you, then perhaps you might consider participating in the discord chats.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
You've only got 164 posts under your belt. I'm sure if you participate more then people will get to know you better and come up with a better idea of your type, better feedback for you. If forum interaction comes difficult to you, then perhaps you might consider participating in the discord chats.

You're right. We probably share the same type, so I have a question for you: have you ever felt like you're unable to blend in the forum atmosphere?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're right. We probably share the same type, so I have a question for you: have you ever felt like you're unable to blend in the forum atmosphere?

All the time, actually. I don't know if it's type related, but I often feel like I'm perpetually on the outside looking in, always the guy who is not in on some grand joke. Maybe other members don't see me that way, but it describes how I feel. This is how I feel in most of the spheres in my life, from work to social.

I wonder if these feelings have to do with that general INxx constant search for meaning. It's never really turned off, even when I want to turn it off.

EDIT: I should add that these feelings don't necessarily make me sad or depressed, I probably wouldn't change this about me. When I was younger feeling this way might bum me out, but now I've gotten to a point where I look at any want or perceived hole in my life and question if I would actually be happier or better off with the hole filled--and in many cases, this analysis reveals to me that I'm actually quite content and my feeling of loss or missing out on something is not about what's missing as much as it is about the general emptiness, and of course this can all be amplified with the general sense of existential depression to which I am prone to feel from day to day.

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
The only incorrect typing is from
(a) one not studying the etymologies of the words used to categorize themselves
(b) one not opening to newer and better perspectives of typing, ie. one staying with a primitive view.
From there, it's all fair game.

The funny thing is how true this is. For instance, with (b) I see individuals continue to type via the nonsensical view that Fi is self-centered values while Te is lack of own thinking, rendering their perspective of Ti-Fe superior but not realizing how inherently wrong their system is. Oft times we need to re-understand typology before we can understand typology. I personally pose a variety of perspectives for understanding humans, and then choose the most practical and useful perspective. This is called evolution. It is how we have computers, cars, and democracy. We willingly or unwillingly, change and improve our tools.

Here's one more example. They call F values when every human on planet Earth has that as their primary function. We'd all put our inherent values first before anything else. Jung is only a stepping stone, my newsflash for you is, MBTI has already moved beyond that. Let's continue solving the puzzle but being open-minded.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Repost!