• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=30122]Lord Lavender[/MENTION] Hey, honestly I don't think ESFJ fits for you at all, you seem like an obvious Ne dom to me with a very mature Fe. I can see you as an ENTP and I have a few ideas for your possible tritype: 7w6-2w3-9w8/3w4-6w7-9w1/4w3-7w8-9w1 sx/so or so/sx. Although with how impressive your Fe is I am not surprised you typed yourself as an Fe dom and I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 in your Enneagram was even stronger than I'm currently seeing it. I still stand by my opinion of you as an ENTP though.
I second this assessment, though cannot vouch for all the enneagram details as I am not that familar with it.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im wondering if maybe Im actually a social 4...

I write a lot about feeling defective and ‘wrong’- maybe thats me just coming into a harsh 1 wing... but maybe its just me beinga 4.

Just been thinking.

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I'm a 4 or a 9. Or a 6. lol

I know most here think I'm a 9 and I'm pretty sure it's in my tritype. But I don't often publicly show all the emotions that also make me think 4. I have the jealousy that goes along with it, primarily in close relationships, and I don't like it. And I think I'm so last because I care far far more about one-on-one interaction than groups, and don't particularly care about groups except for the potential for them to fulfill my sx needs. And there are sp things I've worried about since I was a kid (like being kidnapped, someone hiding in my house... maybe those are 6 things, and not sp, though...)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

I know most here think I'm a 9 and I'm pretty sure it's in my tritype. But I don't often publicly show all the emotions that also make me think 4. I have the jealousy that goes along with it, primarily in close relationships, and I don't like it. And I think I'm so last because I care far far more about one-on-one interaction than groups, and don't particularly care about groups except for the potential for them to fulfill my sx needs. And there are sp things I've worried about since I was a kid (like being kidnapped, someone hiding in my house... maybe those are 6 things, and not sp, though...)

Actually 4 can be really emotionally expressive, a ton more than 9- its one of the things that they do. They, even though they are ashamed of them- there is this need to poke around with people and test waters- see if they might find the group or person who will finally understand and accept them. 9s are the ones who... deny emotions- act like everything is ok when it might not be. I mean. 4s can do that too- especially sp 4s- but they are more willing to... constantly tear themselves apart to understand themselves.

This is all sort of badly written but... at the end of the day... you be the type you feel fits best for you. And i dont think you should stop looking at orher possibilities- because self discovery and all- but at the end of the day... its your journey

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Actually 4 can be really emotionally expressive, a ton more than 9- its one of the things that they do. They, even though they are ashamed of them- there is this need to poke around with people and test waters- see if they might find the group or person who will finally understand and accept them. 9s are the ones who... deny emotions- act like everything is ok when it might not be. I mean. 4s can do that too- especially sp 4s- but they are more willing to... constantly tear themselves apart to understand themselves.

This is all sort of badly written but... at the end of the day... you be the type you feel fits best for you. And i dont think you should stop looking at orher possibilities- because self discovery and all- but at the end of the day... its your journey

I've only ever been able to repress my emotions when I was very depressed. Arguably though, the dead expression was not repression of my inner state at all. I control them, especially things like my anger, when I feel they are being or can be used against me to control me. But otherwise I can't repress at all and can only direct/control.

Otherwise, I am emotionally expressive and do tend to go into my negative emotions excessively at my worst but it's different from the way 4's are emotionally expressive. I think I inhabit a much larger space of the bored and somewhat brooding expression I have in most of my pics. I also can't Express soft and what I would consider truly vulnerable emotions. Like enthusiasm, I can't express that too well but 4's, even the w5 ones seem like they can with less road blocks so to speak. My emotions are all colored by anger so that's why they are so intense.

When I am around 4's, I feel so callous and harsh in comparison. Because they seem capable of a softness I feel I cannot reach. Their relationship with emotion seems far more fine grain and intellectual. Mine seems destructive and guttural in comparison. Although I know they are not wimps or anything because it would be insulting to imply that (not to mention grossly inaccurate in some cases), I always feel like it's best for me to interact with them as a 9 and not go into counterphobia or my baby 8 wing the way I do with 6's, who I believe to be the most insensitive of all types at their worst but the most compassionate for the defenseless at their best. Because I feel like the 4 already has such a difficult time just being in the world that it feels really messed up if I act callously with them. Insensitive and emotionally unintelligent.

My experience with 6's in my life has made me feel as if they too push away their negative emotions on the usual. Only, unlike 9's who don't really want to impose, they can't handle other people's negative emotions either. But I may be biased of course.

Anyway, I think 9's can do things like go toward negative emotion and be emotional if those things help them numb to other emotions/things or if they're expressed through/rooted in anger.

Personally, I don't relate to any other e9 here and I never have, but I don't relate to any 4, or 6 here either and I never have. So I don't know what that says about my personality but I'm sure its something. I also don't know why I generally tend to attempt to figure out why I feel the way I do, am the way I am, etc. But I suppose I could attribute it to a weird form of avoidance of other things and e9 "seeking".

Regardless, I hope some of this was useful to you and not purely self-absorbed of me. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask Lum.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only ever been able to repress my emotions when I was very depressed. Arguably though, the dead expression was not repression of my inner state at all. I control them, especially things like my anger, when I feel they are being or can be used against me to control me. But otherwise I can't repress at all and can only direct/control.

Otherwise, I am emotionally expressive and do tend to go into my negative emotions excessively at my worst but it's different from the way 4's are emotionally expressive. I think I inhabit a much larger space of the bored and somewhat brooding expression I have in most of my pics. I also can't Express soft and what I would consider truly vulnerable emotions. Like enthusiasm, I can't express that too well but 4's, even the w5 ones seem like they can with less road blocks so to speak. My emotions are all colored by anger so that's why they are so intense.

When I am around 4's, I feel so callous and harsh in comparison. Because they seem capable of a softness I feel I cannot reach. Their relationship with emotion seems far more fine grain and intellectual. Mine seems destructive and guttural in comparison. Although I know they are not wimps or anything because it would be insulting to imply that (not to mention grossly inaccurate in some cases), I always feel like it's best for me to interact with them as a 9 and not go into counterphobia or my baby 8 wing the way I do with 6's, who I believe to be the most insensitive of all types at their worst but the most compassionate for the defenseless at their best. Because I feel like the 4 already has such a difficult time just being in the world that it feels really messed up if I act callously with them. Insensitive and emotionally unintelligent.

My experience with 6's in my life has made me feel as if they too push away their negative emotions on the usual. Only, unlike 9's who don't really want to impose, they can't handle other people's negative emotions either. But I may be biased of course.

Anyway, I think 9's can do things like go toward negative emotion and be emotional if those things help them numb to other emotions/things or if they're expressed through/rooted in anger.

Personally, I don't relate to any other e9 here and I never have, but I don't relate to any 4, or 6 here either and I never have. So I don't know what that says about my personality but I'm sure its something. I also don't know why I generally tend to attempt to figure out why I feel the way I do, am the way I am, etc. But I suppose I could attribute it to a weird form of avoidance of other things and e9 "seeking".

Regardless, I hope some of this was useful to you and not purely self-absorbed of me. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask Lum.

Thank you, Lady Lazarus. It was not self-absorbed at all. It helps to hear about the experiences of others when trying to figure these things out.

And emotions, fears, desires, result from so many forces working together... it can be difficult to narrow it all down. And I think that could also be why it might be difficult to relate to others who share the same enneagram or MBTI or whatever...

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=26674]Pluvio[/MENTION]

Shoot.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright, who wants to be typed?? :3

three people already told you ;)

I'm feeling pretty good about my type, and once I can change my username, you'll see.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=26674]Pluvio[/MENTION]

Shoot.

INTJ 5w4-4w5-8w7 sp/sx or sx/sp. Although you seem to value Se very much so, I bet its your very high Sxness that might skew you towards being an ISTP character, in a way.

Yes me too

INFP 9w8-6w7-4w5 so/sp or so/sx.

A couple of months ago I think you said in my type me thread that you'd go into more detail, if that's still a valid offer. :D

IIIIII need some time to read up on your thread again before I can type you again. My apologies! I'll pm you some other time about it.

Go fer it.

INFx, probably INFP? Tritype unknown for now but I do sense a 9 to the way you write at times. Instinctual variant unknown but the So part seems high up there.

What kind of typing do you do?

MBTI, enneagram tritype, and the instinctual variant if you like.

Me. I enjoy seeing what people come up with. (I'm pretty sure YMCA is right though)

Type me based on questionnaires

I will also get back to you and PM you some other date with my answers, but I will bookmark this. Thank you.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFx, probably INFP? Tritype unknown for now but I do sense a 9 to the way you write at times. Instinctual variant unknown but the So part seems high up there.

Eh, I'm wondering if I'm sx/so and what I think is sp is actually 6.

Thanks.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=26674]Pluvio[/MENTION] I trust your reads moreso than others...if you have time and actually feel like it.