• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
You're probably e4 before you're e9.

(@ the next person, specifically what do you think of my IV?)

I would appreciate any further elaboration on this, but I should note that the 4s central theme is a fear of the loss of their identity, they agonize over not having one, while I actually would sooner feel held back by associating with one and prefer to remain in an adaptive "shifting" state. If there's firm evidence in spite of this, I would listen.

Skip me.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would appreciate any further elaboration on this, but I should note that the 4s central theme is a fear of the loss of their identity, they agonize over not having one, while I actually would sooner feel held back by associating with one and prefer to remain in an adaptive "shifting" state. If there's firm evidence in spite of this, I would listen.

Skip me.

It's not anything I feel passionate about. Skimming through your latest posts just gave me the sense that you have a repressed relationship with emotions.

(skip me)

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
It's not anything I feel passionate about. Skimming through your latest posts just gave me the sense that you have a repressed relationship with emotions.

That's more 9. 9s have the tendency to almost "evade" prematurely. 4s dive into emotions. This is my understanding currently. If I'm incorrect, please show me. Enneagram isn't really my area, I have a lot to learn.

Edit: To clarify, 9s look on the bright side of life, almost ignoring the bad.
Nines demonstrate the universal temptation to ignore the disturbing aspects of life and to seek some degree of peace and comfort by “numbing out.” They respond to pain and suffering by attempting to live in a state of premature peacefulness, whether it is in a state of false spiritual attainment, or in more gross denial. More than any other type, Nines demonstrate the tendency to run away from the paradoxes and tensions of life by attempting to transcend them or by seeking to find simple and painless solutions to their problems.

If Nines see the silver lining in every cloud as a way of protecting themselves from the cold and rain, other types have their distorting viewpoints, too. For example, Fours focus on their own woundedness and victimization, Ones on what is wrong with how things are, and so forth. By contrast, Nines tend to focus on the “bright side of life” so that their peace of mind will not be shaken. But rather than deny the dark side of life, what Nines must understand is that all of the perspectives presented by the other types are true, too. Nines must resist the urge to escape into “premature Buddhahood” or the “white light” of the Divine and away from the mundane world. They must remember that “the only way out is through.”
Type Nine — The Enneagram Institute

It is my personal belief / experience (in doing the above thing 9s do) that at a certain point, all of that will catch up.

4s dive in, focusing on it as opposed to running from it and eventually being unable to.

Last edited:

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I both evade and dive into my emotions. I tried talking about it with someone claiming to be INFP 4, but didn't really talk about my feelings with me, just what I could do about it. I didn't want advice, I just wanted someone to be there for me. They said they were, but I never really saw that. I fear not having an identity, but not really my own. I don't know who I am. I prefer to just blend and attach myself to an image that I like, that I want to be, even if it's not really who I am. I also fear not being loved. The weird thing is, I have always feared rejection, so I did everything I could to be loved and accepted, but to this day, I'm pretty much alone. I only have one friend irl, an ISTP. I'm just sharing my $0.02 about emotions, and identity, hoping this can lead me to a better understanding of myself, obviously with some constructive feedback.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
You might be on to something here...

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I both evade and dive into my emotions. I tried talking about it with someone claiming to be INFP 4, but didn't really talk about my feelings with me, just what I could do about it. I didn't want advice, I just wanted someone to be there for me. They said they were, but I never really saw that. I fear not having an identity, but not really my own. I don't know who I am. I prefer to just blend and attach myself to an image that I like, that I want to be, even if it's not really who I am. I also fear not being loved. The weird thing is, I have always feared rejection, so I did everything I could to be loved and accepted, but to this day, I'm pretty much alone. I only have one friend irl, an ISTP. I'm just sharing my $0.02 about emotions, and identity, hoping this can lead me to a better understanding of myself, obviously with some constructive feedback.

I've seen some 4 things in you before (that I could tell were genuine). It wouldn't be far-fetched. I could see 3w4 also, judging by the underlying you and taking into account the masks you've openly mentioned that you wear (which are obvious). Again, I reiterate: Enneagram is not my area, I haven't gotten around to studying it yet.

Be yourself, [MENTION=26104]The Penguin[/MENTION]. If you don't know who that is, create one...for your pleasure, not theirs. Be someone you can be happy with. You'll never please everyone anyways.

ESFP seems right but Skip Me anyways

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've seen some 4 things in you before (that I could tell were genuine). It wouldn't be far-fetched. I could see 3w4 also, judging by the underlying you and taking into account the masks you've openly mentioned that you wear (which are obvious). Again, I reiterate: Enneagram is not my area, I haven't gotten around to studying it yet.

Be yourself, [MENTION=26104]The Penguin[/MENTION]. If you don't know who that is, create one...for your pleasure, not theirs. Be someone you can be happy with. You'll never please everyone anyways.

ESFP seems right but Skip Me anyways

the image is for me lol :)

that's my way of being myself, that's all I know

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
the image is for me lol :)

that's my way of being myself, that's all I know
Envy would result in instability in that.

Once I get around to studying it more I might get back to you. I know you've been asking me. I intend to just go through all the systems using an organized method I'm planning, I'm sick of knowing partial information and running into blank patches that prevent me from forming conclusions properly or residing in confidence in what I know.

Skip Me

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Envy would result in instability in that.

Once I get around to studying it more I might get back to you. I know you've been asking me. I intend to just go through all the systems using an organized method I'm planning, I'm sick of knowing partial information and running into blank patches that prevent me from forming conclusions properly or residing in confidence in what I know.

Skip Me
so the 4 is likely non-existent

Can you please send me an invite to the PerC discord server? I can't find it.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
so the 4 is likely non-existent

Can you please send me an invite to the PerC discord server? I can't find it.
Actually, it's part of what makes 4 more likely in my mind presently. Again, don't take my word for it.

Sorry, I'm trying to remain mostly impersonal on here and I know things would not remain typology only there.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, it's part of what makes 4 more likely in my mind presently. Again, don't take my word for it.

Sorry, I'm trying to remain mostly impersonal on here and I know things would not remain typology only there.
oh :/

it's mostly for our mutual friend to help me

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That's more 9. 9s have the tendency to almost "evade" prematurely. 4s dive into emotions. This is my understanding currently. If I'm incorrect, please show me. Enneagram isn't really my area, I have a lot to learn.

Edit: To clarify, 9s look on the bright side of life, almost ignoring the bad.

It is my personal belief / experience (in doing the above thing 9s do) that at a certain point, all of that will catch up.

4s dive in, focusing on it as opposed to running from it and eventually being unable to.

The main three triads are heart (234), mind (567), gut (891), but you could also divide it into externalize "I direct my relationship with shame/anxiety/anger outwards" (268), internalize "I direct my relationship with shame/anxiety/anger inwards"(351), and repress "I deny my relationship with shame/anxiety/anger" (479). I misspoke when I said emotions, I should've said a repressed relationship with shame/guilt.

Enneagram measures fears, goals, and coping skills. Behavior is not a factor (though arguably a symptom). 4s fear having a lack of individuality. 9s fear being the source of conflict. My typing of you being e4 was an uncommitted one. I don't know you that well and I personally think any typing based on observation is automatically wrong, so I don't have much else to say on what your typing is.

(Argh, I hate when people have full conversations in these threads yet here I am. Skip me.)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmm, I externalize and deny my relationship with shame/anxiety/anger

I fear boredom, loneliness, not being able to do what I want, and not having an image that I want.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
idk who moved my posts here, lol

but thank you, good idea

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone disagree with my current typing?

not me

I'm game for some input, provided it's not just a slap in the face "This is your type!"

I need a discussion with some legitimate evidence.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
oh :/

it's mostly for our mutual friend to help me

I misread that at first. I'm actually not in the PerC Discord Server, sorry. I read that as me personally adding you.

The main three triads are heart (234), mind (567), gut (891), but you could also divide it into externalize "I direct my relationship with shame/anxiety/anger outwards" (268), internalize "I direct my relationship with shame/anxiety/anger inwards"(351), and repress "I deny my relationship with shame/anxiety/anger" (479). I misspoke when I said emotions, I should've said a repressed relationship with shame/guilt.
I see. I actually experience very little shame/guilt (unless it's due), it's one of the reasons I leaned away from the heart triad and related to it the least. I related most to the gut (anger), then the head (fear), then finally the heart triad (guilt/shame). I'm curious as to what gave you that impression, but I won't bother you further for the sake of not derailing this thread further.

Enneagram measures fears, goals, and coping skills. Behavior is not a factor (though arguably a symptom). 4s fear having a lack of individuality. 9s fear being the source of conflict. My typing of you being e4 was an uncommitted one. I don't know you that well and I personally think any typing based on observation is automatically wrong, so I don't have much else to say on what your typing is.
Alright. Thanks. I appreciate the feedback nonetheless.

(Argh, I hate when people have full conversations in these threads yet here I am. Skip me.)
Eh...idk what difference it makes if it's a minor thing here and there. Subjective I guess. In my mind it's just an inevitable part of it. Then again, I'm biased in the sense that I enjoy talking about these things.

Skip me.

Last edited: