Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    mistype me, biatches

@Elfboy: I think I'm a 4 because the way I view my personality is very fluid. There is no end to evolution in my eyes. This causes me to be fairly image oriented in a way that's geared toward inner-transformations and reflecting how I feel and what my thoughts are in my physical/online image. Needless to say, I'm not very flashy about it. But what sort of introvert would I be if I was flashy? :P

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I see what you mean. I do have some turbulent emotions but I don't share them here... Or hardly anywhere. This is a learned habit; therefore it's part of my conscious orientation to be reluctant about disclosing what would otherwise be disclosed on the wings of an unconscious desire to share. This forum is more like a bubble of freely exchanged ideas to me than a place I disclose my inner-life - an inner-life I frequently pacify through meditation. Yes the most common Etypes for INFPs tend to be 4w5s and 9w1s, at least on these forums. Withdrawn, passive, emotion oriented with a tendency to intellectualize feelings is all the stuff of INFP. I don't think I've ever met a 9w8 INFP, but 5w4s seem to be more common and therefore more likely to be found especially among the males.

I took most of what you said as a compliment, regardless of how it relates to type. Thanks Elfy.
    most of the INFP 4s on here are mistyped 6s. INFP 4w5 is a little less common actually
    what were you like when you were younger? younger 4s are more volatile and bleeding heart children; younger 9s will suffer in silence, often withholding their negative thoughts and feelings at their own expense.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Elfboy: I think I'm a 4 because the way I view my personality is very fluid. There is no end to evolution in my eyes. This causes me to be fairly image oriented in a way that's geared toward inner-transformations and reflecting how I feel and what my thoughts are in my physical/online image. Needless to say, I'm not very flashy about it. But what sort of introvert would I be if I was flashy? :P
    - Michael Jackson
    - Donald Trump
    - David Bowie
    - Beyonce
    - Lady Gaga
    - Prince

...the list of flashy introverts goes on
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    most of the INFP 4s on here are mistyped 6s. INFP 4w5 is a little less common actually
    what were you like when you were younger? younger 4s are more volatile and bleeding heart children; younger 9s will suffer in silence, often withholding their negative thoughts and feelings at their own expense.
    - Michael Jackson
    - Donald Trump
    - David Bowie
    - Beyonce
    - Lady Gaga
    - Prince

...the list of flashy introverts goes on
    No doubt there are flashy introverts. My personal preference isn't to show off.

I think you need to focus on the motivations or the "drivers"..."engines" of the types. While 4's may be bleeding hearts, it's because they (consciously or unconsciously) prefer to see the world in terms of what's missing, broken, or tragic about their individual circumstances. This could very well blend into what you mentioned about 9s, only in that case a "bleeding heart" would manifest itself into a more brooding, inward person. The reason 9s are reluctant to voice themselves (I'm assuming you were implying that 4s, by contrast, will voice themselves) is that they don't think their needs are significant. In this way, 9s are quite similar to the Supine temperament in that they share attributes with all the other types, but only deny them in themselves. Self-denial naturally leads to a passive attitude toward potentially hostile situations. It is usually only when someone else is denied that a 9 will take a stance, because at that point they tend to feel peace has truly been compromised.

When I was younger, I did voice myself and I usually thought my thoughts were pretty valid. As time went on, I stopped because I never got what I wanted (I wanted to convince people). That actually seems like the typical 9 upbringing, but as you can see, I'm making an effort to convince you right now. Not exactly the perfect portrait for self-denial.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

No doubt there are flashy introverts. My personal preference isn't to show off.

I think you need to focus on the motivations or the "drivers"..."engines" of the types. While 4's may be bleeding hearts, it's because they (consciously or unconsciously) prefer to see the world in terms of what's missing, broken, or tragic about their individual circumstances. This could very well blend into what you mentioned about 9s, only in that case a "bleeding heart" would manifest itself into a more brooding, inward person. The reason 9s are reluctant to voice themselves (I'm assuming you were implying that 4s, by contrast, will voice themselves) is that they don't think their needs are significant. In this way, 9s are quite similar to the Supine temperament in that they share attributes with all the other types, but only deny them in themselves. Self-denial naturally leads to a passive attitude toward potentially hostile situations. It is usually only when someone else is denied that a 9 will take a stance, because at that point they tend to feel peace has truly been compromised.

When I was younger, I did voice myself and I usually thought my thoughts were pretty valid. As time went on, I stopped because I never got what I wanted (I wanted to convince people). That actually seems like the typical 9 upbringing, but as you can see, I'm making an effort to convince you right now. Not exactly the perfect portrait for self-denial.
    point taken
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

No doubt there are flashy introverts.
    On stage personas are just that - on stage personas. I wouldn't call them flashy introverts since they are not flashy off stage. Freddie Mercury was quite the introvert but his on stage persona was a showman. Beyonce is an introvert and refers to her extroverted on stage persona as her 'alter ego'.

OTOH, Donald Trump is not an introvert.

On reflecting for 3 hours a day, and reading, Trump said:

"It also gives me material to feed my extroverted nature."

How anyone could think someone as extroverted as Trump is an introvert is bizarre. I've seen the guy interviewed for 20 years. He's a raging extrovert, and a risk-taking wheeler-dealer if there ever was one.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    On stage personas are just that - on stage personas. I wouldn't call them flashy introverts since they are not flashy off stage. Freddie Mercury was quite the introvert but his on stage persona was a showman. Beyonce is an introvert and refers to her extroverted on stage persona as her 'alter ego'.

How anyone could think someone as extroverted as Trump is an introvert is bizarre. I've seen the guy interviewed for 20 years. He's a raging extrovert, and a risk-taking wheeler-dealer if there ever was one.
    You read my mind.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

Lady Gaga, David Bowie, Michael Jackson and Prince are all extremely flashy outside of their respective personas. other good examples of flashy introverts are Hazel O'Connor, Maria Callas, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Britney Spears. flashy does not require one to be high energy and extroverted. flashy is about having an eye catching, extravagant presence that gives a strong, distinct impression.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Lady Gaga, David Bowie, Michael Jackson and Prince are all extremely flashy outside of their respective personas. other good examples of flashy introverts are Hazel O'Connor, Maria Callas, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Britney Spears. flashy does not require one to be high energy and extroverted. flashy is about having an eye catching, extravagant presence that gives a strong, distinct impression.
    Donald Trump and Lady Gaga ar not introverts. They are both ESTP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan