• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Would be interested to know what makes you think that. He seems N to me to be honest.

1. [MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION] gathers lots of exact evidence for posts, which yes INTJs can do, but you know ISTJs love the details more than INTJs. INTJs need to have a good reason to include specifics, and a forum is often not a strong enough reason.

2. He once said that dealing with aesthetics was an N thing, but it's actually an S thing. I think he may be into aesthetics, so he shoved it in the N framework so it somehow fit to avoid cognitive dissonance.

3.He doesn't seem abstract enough

4.He doesn't seem like others Ns on this site such as starry and coriolis

5.He doesn't vibe as an N

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
2. He once said that dealing with aesthetics was an N thing, but it's actually an S thing. I think he may be into aesthetics, so he shoved it in the N framework so it somehow fit to avoid cognitive dissonance.

It sounds like somebody could benefit from reading this post.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. [MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION] gathers lots of exact evidence for posts, which yes INTJs can do, but you know ISTJs love the details more than INTJs. INTJs need to have a good reason to include specifics, and a forum is often not a strong enough reason.
Interesting, that was not particularly apparent from the single interaction I had with him, so I'll have to investigate it further.
Aesthetics as in what exactly? My parents are Art Historians and both are N types, I don't think that excludes someone from being an N type (or an S type for that matter). IMO :notype:
3.He doesn't seem abstract enough
In the interaction I had with him he was talking about dichotomy vs functions and it was almost entirely theoretical. It may not be his norm. What is abstract enough though?
4.He doesn't seem like others Ns on this site such as starry and coriolis
Well not all Ns are alike and especially on the internet, not everyone who thinks they are one is. But lets assume for a second that everyone who claims to be and intuitive on here is, in what way isn't he like them that makes you think he is not an N?
5.He doesn't vibe as an N
I don't really know what this means but I assume its more of a sum of the parts thing, in my interaction with him I'd say it was the opposite, but again maybe it was not the norm.

Not trying to start an argument, and you don't have to elaborate if you don't want to, I'm not convinced yet but I will do some research and maybe what you said will become more clear.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It sounds like somebody could benefit from reading this post.

I disagree. I don't think mbti statistics are accurate, and neither are tests. MBTI is about mindsets, not about cognitive machine.

Are you worried about people thinking you aren't as smart, imaginative if you were ISTJ? Are you worried about typing as ISTJ because people will think you are a mindless sheep? Don't worry. You can type as you truly are. Don't pay any mind to people who criticize you.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, that was not particularly apparent from the single interaction I had with him, so I'll have to investigate it further.

Aesthetics as in what exactly? My parents are Art Historians and both are N types, I don't think that excludes someone from being an N type (or an S type for that matter). IMO :notype:

In the interaction I had with him he was talking about dichotomy vs functions and it was almost entirely theoretical. It may not be his norm. What is abstract enough though?

Well not all Ns are alike and especially on the internet, not everyone who thinks they are one is. But lets assume for a second that everyone who claims to be and intuitive on here is, in what way isn't he like them that makes you think he is not an N?

I don't really know what this means but I assume its more of a sum of the parts thing, in my interaction with him I'd say it was the opposite, but again maybe it was not the norm.

Not trying to start an argument, and you don't have to elaborate if you don't want to, I'm not convinced yet but I will do some research and maybe what you said will become more clear.

Well there are different methods to type people. We may just use different ones.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The MBTI and Enneagram result, I was thinking the socionics would allow me to triangulate but the quiz keeps crashing.

I am perfectly ok with your current MBTI type, but in my book you are 1w9 instead of 9. Morals, seeking highground, avatar, competency focus, teacher mentality, tradition ...... it just screams e1.

Lark

I am perfectly ok with your current MBTI type, but in my book you are 1w9 instead of 9. Morals, seeking highground, avatar, competency focus, teacher mentality, tradition ...... it just screams e1.

I will check this out, what does the w mean? Is it "with", if it is what does it mean? Is it like 1 with 9 as a stress type or something?

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you read the post he linked and DIDN'T see the problem with it, I don't know if I can help you. I'm sorry.

I'm not sure why you are being so defensive, it's not as if he said S types are incapable of having a career in the arts. I'm an S type and I see no reason to take offense. It's like an N type getting offended if someone pointed out that professional sports are dominated by S types. Different types are inclined towards different things, it would be wrong not to acknowledge it. It doesn't say anything about your abilities as an individual, just remember that.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not sure why you are being so defensive, it's not as if he said S types are incapable of having a career in the arts. I'm an S type and I see no reason to take offense. It's like an N type getting offended if someone pointed out that professional sports are dominated by S types. Different types are inclined towards different things, it would be wrong not to acknowledge it. It doesn't say anything about your abilities as an individual, just remember that.

I didn't mean my post to you defensively, I meant it sincerely, and it still stands. If you don't read out of it what I do, then I don't want to spend the time explaining it, because I've largely given up on the typology side of this community. Because of people like reckful and posts like that. I could definitely go into more detail, I'm just not willing to because I've found it in the past to be a waste of my time. Thus the apology.

All I will say is there there is definite and honestly kind of disgusting bias in that post, and in the community in general, beyond just statistics and typology. Not just in the words themselves, but the tone, etc. It goes deeper than what's on the surface, and even deeper than typology. It goes deeper than simple "N bias!" too. And I'm just not willing anymore to spend the time pointing it out or discussing it, because it's largely been a waste of my breath in the past. Trust me, I'm definitely not just getting butthurt over nothing. I understand that's how it might look since I don't want to pour more time into that discussion, but it's not the reality. All I wanted to do was make a note of it and point it out, or "call it as I see it," in lieu of the other people who know what I'm talking about and agree with me but aren't willing to do so because of the 'social consequences.' (I'm not making that up, I have literally gotten PMs/DMs).

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I didn't mean my post to you defensively, I meant it sincerely, and it still stands. If you don't read out of it what I do, then I don't want to spend the time explaining it, because I've largely given up on the typology side of this community. Because of people like reckful and posts like that. I could definitely go into more detail, I'm just not willing to because I've found it in the past to be a waste of my time. Thus the apology.

All I will say is there there is definite and honestly kind of disgusting bias in that post, and in the community in general, beyond just statistics and typology. Not just in the words themselves, but the tone, etc. It goes deeper than what's on the surface, and even deeper than typology. It goes deeper than simple "N bias!" too. And I'm just not willing anymore to spend the time pointing it out or discussing it, because it's largely been a waste of my breath in the past. Trust me, I'm definitely not just getting butthurt over nothing. I understand that's how it might look since I don't want to pour more time into that discussion, but it's not the reality. All I wanted to do was make a note of it and point it out, or "call it as I see it," in lieu of the other people who know what I'm talking about and agree with me but aren't willing to do so because of the 'social consequences.' (I'm not making that up, I have literally gotten PMs/DMs).

You're the one who should be ashamed of yourself. "People like reckful" and their "disgusting bias."

But don't worry. I won't be holding my breath waiting for an apology.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're the one who should be ashamed of yourself. "People like reckful" and their "disgusting bias."

But don't worry. I won't be holding my breath waiting for an apology.

I'm not, and guilt tripping doesn't work on me, nor is there anything I need to apologize for. Can't accept criticism, don't post. Simple as that. I didn't say anything infractionable.