• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't see Ne in [MENTION=33958]Scapegoated 4 fun[/MENTION] at this point in time.

So far I think hes an INTP not INTJ. I see clear Ti/Si in the way he nitpicks logic and ISFJ is out of the window as I dont see any Fe but rather traces of Ne so an INTP Ti subtype seems most likey atm.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nah, it's not sensors or you in particular, it's just a tendency I've noticed in people in general to reject information that doesn't have hints of emotional bias in it. Why? I don't really understand it either, but if I had to guess, it's probably because they are most comfortable with emotionally biased, "simple" explanations for things because they relate to it strays from being too heavy or deep, which would make them feel inadequate because they aren't used to having to analyze information on that level

Information is fact. It is objective. Facts don't have feelings. You don't sound like a Te user at all. You reject information that does not fit your narrative, which is the opposite of what a Te user does. You dismiss anecdotal evidence from others but your entire premise is based on anecdotal evidence. Te users do the opposite of what you do. There is no one system, there are multiple systems. Te takes in all the facts.

Yeah, you must not be familiar with either the INTJs tendency to troll, or the INTJs tendency to deliberately dumb down their thoughts in order to appeal to the average person's intellectual capacity. You can't take what someone writes on a post online and use that as a basis to type them, unless you know exactly what they were thinking when they put it down/why they put it down the way they did/whether they were being 100 percent naturally themselves when they wrote it etc.

You are not smarter than any individual on the planet based on type alone. Your respond to me saying I'm not familiar with INTJs without taking into account the years of study I have put into MBTI and Socionics. This is an incredibly weak defense for the post I made earlier.

So far I think hes an INTP not INTJ. I see clear Ti/Si in the way he nitpicks logic and ISFJ is out of the window as I dont see any Fe but rather traces of Ne so an INTP Ti subtype seems most likey atm.

I don't believe he leads with Ti. Look at this post:

I've tried therapy but I couldn't feel comfortable talking to them about myself because I don't want to burden them with my extensive problems, and I don't feel paying someone to listen to you/give you advice is particularly natural or healthy. Also, about the feeler thing; I don't think they're all out to manipulate me or anything like that, I've just found them to be very quick to anger if I do something they don't like (even if I don't know that what I did was wrong.). So it's more that I don't trust them very much to be there for me because they are often so self preoccupied that they don't see beyond their own immediate wants/needs and ive had the experience of them becoming jealous of me often and going out of their way to be vindictive/mean to me when I didn't even intentionally do anything to harm/offend them. I don't really trust opening up to them because I feel they take other people for granted sometimes

This is a person who believes feelers to be bad, makes several threads asking us if we agree with him. When told we don't, he gets into debates with us without being able to back up his claims without any kind of facts. While I do agree that twisting outward reality to fit internal systems is a Ji trait, I don't believe this is Ti. Ti doms usually also have very good grasp of Te while this person is a weak Te user.

I think this person is ironically, a feeler himself. The post I quoted above regarding feelers just reeks of Fi to me. Fi users have Ti role function and can look like Ti users when one first meets them. I do see Ni from this person as well which is why I type him as ISFP.

Anyway I suppose we can all agree his dominant function is Ji and not Pi. IxxP for sure.

Dear Scapegoated,

You asked why I think you are an ISFP and here is why. Don't bother responding to this post since I have lost interest in debating this honestly.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Information is fact. It is objective. Facts don't have feelings. You don't sound like a Te user at all. You reject information that does not fit your narrative, which is the opposite of what a Te user does. You dismiss anecdotal evidence from others but your entire premise is based on anecdotal evidence. Te users do the opposite of what you do. There is no one system, there are multiple systems. Te takes in all the facts. You are not smarter than any individual on the planet based on type alone. Your respond to me saying I'm not familiar with INTJs without taking into account the years of study I have put into MBTI and Socionics. This is an incredibly weak defense for the post I made earlier. I don't believe he leads with Ti. Look at this post: This is a person who believes feelers to be bad, makes several threads asking us if we agree with him. When told we don't, he gets into debates with us without being able to back up his claims without any kind of facts. While I do agree that twisting outward reality to fit internal systems is a Ji trait, I don't believe this is Ti. Ti doms usually also have very good grasp of Te while this person is a weak Te user. I think this person is ironically, a feeler himself. The post I quoted above regarding feelers just reeks of Fi to me. Fi users have Ti role function and can look like Ti users when one first meets them. I do see Ni from this person as well which is why I type him as ISFP. Anyway I suppose we can all agree his dominant function is Ji and not Pi. IxxP for sure. Dear Scapegoated, You asked why I think you are an ISFP and here is why. Don't bother responding to this post since I have lost interest in debating this honestly.
Go fuck yourself, closet-dyke

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Information is fact. It is objective. Facts don't have feelings. You don't sound like a Te user at all. You reject information that does not fit your narrative, which is the opposite of what a Te user does. You dismiss anecdotal evidence from others but your entire premise is based on anecdotal evidence. Te users do the opposite of what you do. There is no one system, there are multiple systems. Te takes in all the facts. You are not smarter than any individual on the planet based on type alone. Your respond to me saying I'm not familiar with INTJs without taking into account the years of study I have put into MBTI and Socionics. This is an incredibly weak defense for the post I made earlier. I don't believe he leads with Ti. Look at this post: This is a person who believes feelers to be bad, makes several threads asking us if we agree with him. When told we don't, he gets into debates with us without being able to back up his claims without any kind of facts. While I do agree that twisting outward reality to fit internal systems is a Ji trait, I don't believe this is Ti. Ti doms usually also have very good grasp of Te while this person is a weak Te user. I think this person is ironically, a feeler himself. The post I quoted above regarding feelers just reeks of Fi to me. Fi users have Ti role function and can look like Ti users when one first meets them. I do see Ni from this person as well which is why I type him as ISFP. Anyway I suppose we can all agree his dominant function is Ji and not Pi. IxxP for sure. Dear Scapegoated, You asked why I think you are an ISFP and here is why. Don't bother responding to this post since I have lost interest in debating this honestly.

Maybe I should say, (as far as his forum type goes since we don't know him offline..but).. You make a very good case, here. One thing I do think he lacks/skips over are facts, even to make his own subjective viewpoints more solid. The reason I suggested INxP is because he seems to be scattered, jumping from post to post & hinted at the fact that he may have been trolling us all in one of his posts. If he were to be trolling, it would make things more difficult to figure.

The reason I gave the trolling a tad bit of thought is because, no disrespect..but I found myself thinking, quite a few times, "Nobody can seriously be that stupid."

It's not that I think T is smarter but the constant overlooking of the great logical arguments that people put up against him/her starts to become inhumane. (Whether T or F.)

That last remark though, calling someone a closeted dyke..that sounds like someone who doesn't care to look at the argument before them.... which was well put together & made sense.. So either that's an F of some sort or a troll..

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe I should say, (as far as his forum type goes since we don't know him offline..but).. You make a very good case, here. One thing I do think he lacks/skips over are facts, even to make his own subjective viewpoints more solid. The reason I suggested INxP is because he seems to be scattered, jumping from post to post & hinted at the fact that he may have been trolling us all in one of his posts. If he were to be trolling, it would make things more difficult to figure.

The reason I gave the trolling a tad bit of thought is because, no disrespect..but I found myself thinking, quite a few times, "Nobody can seriously be that stupid."

It's not that I think T is smarter but the constant overlooking of the great logical arguments that people put up against him/her starts to become inhumane. (Whether T or F.)

That last remark though, calling someone a closeted dyke..that sounds like someone who doesn't care to look at the argument before them.... which was well put together & made sense.. So either that's an F of some sort or a troll..

I consider INTJs to be aggressive debaters and also emotionally composed in arguments, so if that's the case, he just confirmed my suspicions. Also I am confused by that response. He appears to be someone interested in debate and he talks like he hates Fe, so I was extra blunt with him. At no point did he indicate that he was becoming annoyed by what I'm saying. In any case, it's childish to assume he can affect me somehow by telling me to fuck off. Though the closet dyke is strange since I don't know why he thinks I'm a dyke? I've never said I was.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
No need for hostility. I was not being hostile to you.

Nah, you were just being super judgemental and assumed you knew my type based on only what I've put on to these online forums and you say it with a certain self-assured certainty that makes me feel like there is a bit of hostility behind your words. It came across as a little condescending is all.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
...So either that's an F of some sort or a troll..

Bingo: My troll personality is that of an extremely stereotyped F. I highlight/exaggerate all the behaviors that REALLY annoy me in F's like lacking a logical argument but still believing you are right out of pure self-assuredness, or the tendency to attack others on an emotional level for sharing a different opinion than them and openly disagreeing with theirs.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bingo: My troll personality is that of an extremely stereotyped F. I highlight/exaggerate all the behaviors that REALLY annoy me in F's like lacking a logical argument but still believing you are right out of pure self-assuredness, or the tendency to attack others on an emotional level for sharing a different opinion than them and openly disagreeing with theirs.

It's not nice to troll people. This response in no way was useful to the debate we were having so you've essentially just wasted my time. I will not engage in any further contact with you as I believe it to be a waste of my time and I request you do the same. Have a nice day.

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What makes you think you are more of an INTJ instead of an INTP?

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
What makes you think you are more of an INTJ instead of an INTP?

I get frustrated with inaccuracy, I get frustrated when my plans/routines are interrupted, I don't enjoy exploring concepts for the journey, I usually explore concepts for the sake of reaching a conclusion about something or to decide what to do about something. I'm also much more focused on my personal relationships than most INTPs I've known, I'm more relationship-oriented. Also, disorganization/disorder/chaos in my environment really stresses me out and I usually have to be alone after being in an environment like that. I also have extremely bad obsessive compulsive tendencies, worse than pretty much anyone I know.

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get frustrated with inaccuracy, I get frustrated when my plans/routines are interrupted, I don't enjoy exploring concepts for the journey, I usually explore concepts for the sake of reaching a conclusion about something or to decide what to do about something. I'm also much more focused on my personal relationships than most INTPs I've known, I'm more relationship-oriented. Also, disorganization/disorder/chaos in my environment really stresses me out and I usually have to be alone after being in an environment like that. I also have extremely bad obsessive compulsive tendencies, worse than pretty much anyone I know.
Okay, fair enough. What makes you think you're INTJ over ISTJ?

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Okay, fair enough. What makes you think you're INTJ over ISTJ?

I'm not as dogmatic as most ISTJs I've met and I don't readily bend over for authority figures just because they are "authority figures". I am generally less impressed by one's "rank" than I am with who they are as an individual/their opinions/thoughts/motives etc. Also, I've noticed ISTJs have somewhat of a need for external approval, something which I pathologically lack.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I mistyped myself as an ISTP but actually I'm an INTP

That seems to make more sense based on what I've seen from you.

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not as dogmatic as most ISTJs I've met and I don't readily bend over for authority figures just because they are "authority figures". I am generally less impressed by one's "rank" than I am with who they are as an individual/their opinions/thoughts/motives etc. Also, I've noticed ISTJs have somewhat of a need for external approval, something which I pathologically lack. - - - Updated - - - That seems to make more sense based on what I've seen from you.

What makes you think you lead with Ni over Si and when you said "routine" do you mean routines that you fell into for the sake of "comfort" and what you're used to or routine for the sake of efficiency?