• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Can anyone see me as anything other than ENFJ? I seem to be more Fe-Ti, but if I'm actually a Fi user, I could see myself being more Te-Fi than Fi-Te.

Ive seen nothing that would rule out ENFJ. You are a very calm and reserved ENFJ with a heavy 9w1 flavour but you dont have that "detachment" i sometimes see from INFJs plus I see no Ti at all ruling it out as tert. As for Fi/Te you are very Fe (One of the most Fe people I have ever come across) and I see no Ne/Si so we can rule out ESFJ.

Rouskyrie

What's causing you to doubt your type? Is it a constant thing, or are you looking at how you have been temporarily? When I am struggling a bit, I doubt my type because I look at how I'm acting in less healthy levels, which is skewed from constant reality.

You are the master of typing, so I would doubt that your instincts have led you astray in typing.

I'm not sure, honestly. I would say it's more that I'm seeking additional feedback, to see if there's something that I'm missing. I try not to look at how I've been temporarily when it comes to typing, because my changes are often due to negative changes in health, which certainly skews things.

Thank you again for saying that. :)

Rouskyrie

Talk to me Rouskyrie, I know you've been wanting an answer from me. Just as I can't get an accurate reading on Cellmold too doesn't mean you cannot be typed.

Let's talk this out.

Talking it out sounds good. Where would you like to start, Forever?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Talking it out sounds good. Where would you like to start, Forever?

Let's start with the last letter actually: How strong do you consider your judging letter?

Rouskyrie

Do you believe in the supernatural?

Haha jk don't answer that.

What do you care more about: people or the idea of them?

Definitely people. Any idealization of people I could think of couldn't compare to the real thing.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Definitely people. Any idealization of people I could think of couldn't compare to the real thing.

Well you are safely what I call an ENFJ.

Maybe it might be the confusion of you being a 9 then since they think they're like every enneatype in some form or another pretty well.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am very flattered that my opinion is considered worth asking, [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION].

I think your tritype largely has to do with what you have described. The enneagram type 5 is extremely detached, analytical, withdrawn and miserly with resources. 5s are subdued, and they prefer to look before leaping, sometimes not leaping at all. In your case, I think this manifests in a certain degree of reservation. The enneagram type 3 is people-pleasing and calculating. Perhaps this is influencing you being more socialized than other ENTJs. As a female, your 3-fix is probably especially attuned to some of the socio-professional expectations placed on females.

I have my own biases as an ESTJ 874. I am expansive, and because of my 4-fix, I have cared very little for adjusting to my gender role. I have always relished bucking the trend. I grew up refusing to learn how to dress and behave like a lady, and refusing to endorse popular or common-sense ideologies. As far as masculinity goes, I always keep up with the EXTJ boys. They often invite me to their workout sessions, too. Many of my high school peers back in the day voted me an Honorary Man, and they did not mean this maliciously. I cherish this memory.

For better or for worse, not much has changed. With a 7-fix, I have always been people-oriented to the extreme as a way to escape having to deal with my own emotional tumult.

I will need to review much more of your posts to be sure, but my gut feeling is that you are still an ENTJ. You do not have that Ne-inspired reason to change or introduce new topics, and I don't see you using Fe.

At any rate, ENTJ 853 is a wonderful typing. I wouldn't have you any other way.

Thank you for the kind words.

Do you feel there's ever any dissonance between being an 874 and being an SJ? I wondered if the sensation seeking aspects of 7 are ever at odds with the needs lf introverted sensing.

I had considered the typing a long time prior to identifying as 872, then eventually settling on 853.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I believe my feelings cannot be understood and managed so easily and even when others come emotional to me, it's rare that I can get really lucky with individuals in saying the right words. I really relate to the notion that I feel deeply without knowing how to express it. I think a lot of my decisions are rational + emotionally based but because I am an introvert first, I feel as if my decisions are always emotionally based, but rather most people I communicate with, I am frustrated when they're not being reasonable to me rather than just speaking soothingly.

Maybe to get out of my Ni Fi loop, I just need to trust I know logic better than my feelings. But I still like music because it's a way of communicating in such an abstract medium that people can appreciate without having to truly understand what's going on.

I input emotion and output logic.

I am not roleplaying, although this hasn't been new.

And I don't have to conform to a scientist stereotype to say I use Te although that is one discipline that honors a Te lifestyle.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I believe my feelings cannot be understood and managed so easily and even when others come emotional to me, it's rare that I can get really lucky with individuals in saying the right words. I really relate to the notion that I feel deeply without knowing how to express it. I think a lot of my decisions are rational + emotionally based but because I am an introvert first, I feel as if my decisions are always emotionally based, but rather most people I communicate with, I am frustrated when they're not being reasonable to me rather than just speaking soothingly.

Maybe to get out of my Ni Fi loop, I just need to trust I know logic better than my feelings. But I still like music because it's a way of communicating in such an abstract medium that people can appreciate without having to truly understand what's going on.

I input emotion and output logic.

I am not roleplaying, although this hasn't been new.

And I don't have to conform to a scientist stereotype to say I use Te although that is one discipline that honors a Te lifestyle.

This makes sense, but tbh I thought you were just indulging on your Ti. Double checking, is there any chance for an INTJ to be a 4?

Did I contribute in spreading self doubt on this forum? Nah.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This makes sense, but tbh I thought you were just indulging on your Ti. Double checking, is there any chance for an INTJ to be a 4?

Did I contribute in spreading self doubt on this forum? Nah.

Possibly. I use 4 also as a theory to why I used much more Fi than I did Te at an earlier age, I didn't get to "rationalized thinking" seriously until I was 17 y.o. but Fi has just been getting stronger to the age I am now. I mean I did Chemistry a little bit in college and it was interesting, but I believe science at an educational level is much more Si-Te than Ni-Te, the Ni doesn't really get to kick in until you know all your stuff. The painstaking double check your measurements and interpret data was probably the Si I want to have avoided.

Damn you Quantitative Chemical Analysis. :dont:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It can happen, but I'm convinced that [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] is not an INTJ. Te is clearly not the power behind the throne. I agree with the bolded.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It can happen, but I'm convinced that @Forever is not an INTJ. Te is clearly not the power behind the throne. I agree with the bolded.

But in the Game of Thrones... you either win or you die. :shock:

I feel that TJ's are the most stereotyped out of the types. Maybe I'm an F. My cancer rising is the reason why my mood changes day to day lol. (which is strangely accurate, but it's said to add to my charm)

I guess I just want further proof that I use Fe than Fi or Ti instead of Te. (Te imo is actually hardly used on the forum by anyone here, if I'm wrong I'd love to see some Te filled posts to indulge myself in, what I mean is actively used Te, not the kind of Te usage that changes the way how one speaks)

And I appreciate your forthright honesty. Maybe I have a bit of stereotypes of Fe in my head? But Fe is used pretty stereotypically in this forum too.. and I don't believe my Ti is like amazing, I run off of Ni mostly. :s I talked with a couple of Ti dom types on this forum to know I really don't "use" Ti haha.

When I'm alone my emotions go and fill me about like angels or devils. When I'm out in public, they seem to go on their own agenda, like many people look at me with either smugness/contempt or great respect. I don't hold any awards or anything.. maybe it's just my mystical vibe.

I think it may be odd that I see people in such depth that why I see someone in such "extremes".

I'm not denying I'm a not-INTJ, I just am so betwixt by my own psyche. (double aries, double fire and extroversion while cancer the water with great feeling) I'm no way a traditional extrovert, I avoid parties/dances unless the musician there appeals greatly to my tastes. (weird i want to be a dj lol)

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hey [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], I know we're all into Typology and generally, just every sort personality sorting system on the face of this earth on this forum. It's fun too! But I would suggest you take a few moments, aka maybe even a week, however long it takes, and remove what you know of personality typing systems, and instead, analyze yourself. Think of your inner motives, what you want out of life, what's important to you. How do you really best process information? Do you take things for face value and see a rather simplicity to understanding what others tell you, or do you have to reconfigure that information in some particular fashion in order for you to understand it? Remember when we spoke on Discord and I told you I have to basically translate what most people tell me when learning something new, in order to "get it", no matter how simple the new concept may be? Do you find yourself having to do this as well? Ask yourself these sorts of questions.

I feel your knowledge of the various personality systems is confusing you and is what many others run into too when they can't seem to determine their type. What you know of them, and how you perceive the systems. Rather than trying to fit yourself into these labels or boxes, or, rather than trying to fit yourself into what you know of the functions, types, etc., try to figure out your inner workings so well, that when you return to the personality systems, then these "labels" will almost literally just fall into place for you. At least, that's what happened for me. I've been interested in learning the various ways people think, process, feel, etc. far before I even know what the MBTI or Enneagram was, and I have been self-reflective on various things for many, many years. Therefore, when I ran into the MBTI, took the test, and was presented with INFP the first time, and ENFP the second, third, and fourth times (all at different points within a year), it made so much more sense to me. There was no wavering on whether I'm a thinker or feeler, Fi or Fe, because the descriptions of the functions aligned with what I already knew of myself.

I think at the core, that is what's happening here, even if it doesn't seem that way. There is a subtly to this dynamic too, and it isn't so black and white, are you trying to fit yourself into this system, or are you applying a system to yourself? The difference I feel though, is if you approach your type with the latter then your typing should feel more natural and true. If the former, I feel you will accept your typing rather than own it. Know what I mean?

In short haha, take a break from what you know of Typology, remove your current leanings towards say, Ni dominance, and approach yourself in an objective, almost scientific way. It'll be fun! Personally I love discovering new things about myself, even the less favorable things about me :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], I know we're all into Typology and generally, just every sort personality sorting system on the face of this earth on this forum. It's fun too! But I would suggest you take a few moments, aka maybe even a week, however long it takes, and remove what you know of personality typing systems, and instead, analyze yourself. Think of your inner motives, what you want out of life, what's important to you. How do you really best process information? Do you take things for face value and see a rather simplicity to understanding what others tell you, or do you have to reconfigure that information in some particular fashion in order for you to understand it? Remember when we spoke on Discord and I told you I have to basically translate what most people tell me when learning something new, in order to "get it", no matter how simple the new concept may be? Do you find yourself having to do this as well? Ask yourself these sorts of questions.

I feel your knowledge of the various personality systems is confusing you and is what many others run into too when they can't seem to determine their type. What you know of them, and how you perceive the systems. Rather than trying to fit yourself into these labels or boxes, or, rather than trying to fit yourself into what you know of the functions, types, etc., try to figure out your inner workings so well, that when you return to the personality systems, then these "labels" will almost literally just fall into place for you. At least, that's what happened for me. I've been interested in learning the various ways people think, process, feel, etc. far before I even know what the MBTI or Enneagram was, and I have been self-reflective on various things for many, many years. Therefore, when I ran into the MBTI, took the test, and was presented with INFP the first time, and ENFP the second, third, and fourth times (all at different points within a year), it made so much more sense to me. There was no wavering on whether I'm a thinker or feeler, Fi or Fe, because the descriptions of the functions aligned with what I already knew of myself.

I think at the core, that is what's happening here, even if it doesn't seem that way. There is a subtly to this dynamic too, and it isn't so black and white, are you trying to fit yourself into this system, or are you applying a system to yourself? The difference I feel though, is if you approach your type with the latter then your typing should feel more natural and true. If the former, I feel you will accept your typing rather than own it. Know what I mean?

In short haha, take a break from what you know of Typology, remove your current leanings towards say, Ni dominance, and approach yourself in an objective, almost scientific way. It'll be fun! Personally I love discovering new things about myself, even the less favorable things about me :)

Hmm Dreamer, you got a good point there. I'll keep those questions in mind and see how it fares off. I've done something similar in the past, but I'll try again with an even deeper analysis of myself. I'll get back sooner or later on this. :) Thanks.