User Tag List

First 247297337345346347348349357397447 Last

Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 7026

  1. #3461
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    hmm if that is an indicator for ep, i am no ep. cause i have discovered the pleasure to wait for a response in the right moment to cause max damage
    Because responding in a way to get the most effect totally doesn't count, right?

  2. #3462
    Biertrinker entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so
    Posts
    16,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Because responding in a way to get the most effect totally doesn't count, right?
    no, if there was no style, there was no victory

  3. #3463
    From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Okay boys and girls.. what do you think my E-type is... 5w4 or 4w5, or something else? And what's your rationale behind it? Just curious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  4. #3464
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No one said a 4 is at that extreme either. I said to look at other 4w5s precisely because most around these parts are not "woe is me" emo drama queens.

    But the type is certainly not defined by a bubbly, upbeat attitude either, whether average or healthy. The healthy 4 is gracious and empathetic, sure, but still a far cry from an effervescent, hyper-positive demeanor. With a 5 wing, that is especially ludicrous. The 5 wing makes the 4 distant.

    If people within types can very soooo much that they defy the very definitions of their supposed type, then what is the point of types & defining them to begin with?

    That is rhetorical, BTW. And this post is not about anyone's type, but just pointing out that the "everyone is different" argument is ludicrous when talking about types. Types are about classifying people according to shared, defining personality traits.
    OH MY GOD A FOUR WING FIVE IS LAUGHING AND NOT TAKING THE WORLD 100% SERIOUS FACE. THIS IS THE 4TH HORSEMAN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!! SOUND ZE ALARM!!! FOUR WING FIVES AREN'T BUBBLY!!!! HOLY CRACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG MAGENTA FONT COLOR NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Also, if you had bothered to read my response earlier this this thread, my bubbly tendency is explained. But for old times sake I'll make it clearer. I have discovered what in the world is truly worth it to be serious about, and guess what, internet forums didn't make the cut.

    So if the qualifications for being a 4w5 mean that I need to be boring and write long, serious posts about matters that don't deserve that much attention... then, count me out.

  5. #3465
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Okay boys and girls.. what do you think my E-type is... 5w4 or 4w5, or something else? And what's your rationale behind it? Just curious.
    Well, considering the way you describe your state of mind in a detailed, tender and sometimes almost hyperbolic fashion, I'd say 4w5 is a pretty good bet.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

  6. #3466
    From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Well, considering the way you describe your state of mind in a detailed, tender and sometimes almost hyperbolic fashion, I'd say 4w5 is a pretty good bet.
    Sometimes hyperbolic fashion... yeah... definitely indication that it's more in tune with feelings...
    Yeah, I was thinking that since I am cerebral and scientific that I would be more 5w4. But it is true that sometimes 4s with heavy 5-wings can mistake themselves for type 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  7. #3467
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    no, if there was no style, there was no victory
    of course not

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ha. Yes. He gives the perpetually wishy-washy a bad name!
    Yes, and it's even worse than "perpetually wishy-washy"!


    Maybe that's a way we can determine between EP and IP?

    I noticed that with Oberon -- we were close friends IRL, and I seemed very capable and even inclined to just withdraw and stop talking when I decided the conversation wouldn't improve, whereas he couldn't seem to ever stop regardless. If it was there, he had to poke at it.
    This is my experience as well, but again, only if it is something very pokeable. I have a tendency to just vanish when it isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No one said a 4 is at that extreme either. I said to look at other 4w5s precisely because most around these parts are not "woe is me" emo drama queens.

    But the type is certainly not defined by a bubbly, upbeat attitude either, whether average or healthy. The healthy 4 is gracious and empathetic, sure, but still a far cry from an effervescent, hyper-positive demeanor. With a 5 wing, that is especially ludicrous. The 5 wing makes the 4 distant.

    If people within types can very soooo much that they defy the very definitions of their supposed type, then what is the point of types & defining them to begin with?

    That is rhetorical, BTW. And this post is not about anyone's type, but just pointing out that the "everyone is different" argument is ludicrous when talking about types. Types are about classifying people according to shared, defining personality traits.
    The question remains of whether the 4w5 is defined as NOT having a bubbly demeanor. Are the enneatypes about classifying people according to shared demeanors as a defining thing? Maybe if the bubbliness is very much a core essence to themselves than it would affect enneatype, but anyone can have spurts of enthusiasm without being a type 7 (or 9 or whatever). The enneagram to my understanding is mainly defining by things that are deep deep down.

  8. #3468
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    OH MY GOD A FOUR WING FIVE IS LAUGHING AND NOT TAKING THE WORLD 100% SERIOUS FACE. THIS IS THE 4TH HORSEMAN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!! SOUND ZE ALARM!!! FOUR WING FIVES AREN'T BUBBLY!!!! HOLY CRACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG MAGENTA FONT COLOR NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Also, if you had bothered to read my response earlier this this thread, my bubbly tendency is explained. But for old times sake I'll make it clearer. I have discovered what in the world is truly worth it to be serious about, and guess what, internet forums didn't make the cut.

    So if the qualifications for being a 4w5 mean that I need to be boring and write long, serious posts about matters that don't deserve that much attention... then, count me out.
    This isn't about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    The question remains of whether the 4w5 is defined as NOT having a bubbly demeanor. Are the enneatypes about classifying people according to shared demeanors as a defining thing? Maybe if the bubbliness is very much a core essence to themselves than it would affect enneatype, but anyone can have spurts of enthusiasm without being a type 7 (or 9 or whatever). The enneagram to my understanding is mainly defining by things that are deep deep down.
    The "deep down" motivations are supposed to be what (partially) lead to the visible personality. If it had no effect on the visible personality, then it wouldn't be a personality typology.

    I don't think all or even most people are good at identifying their deep down motivations anyway. That's why type profiles include a lot of indicators in the visible personality for identifying them.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

  9. #3469
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Okay boys and girls.. what do you think my E-type is... 5w4 or 4w5, or something else? And what's your rationale behind it? Just curious.
    I'm leaning 5w4, but only slightly. you definitely have a strong wing whether you're a 4w5 or 5w4
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #3470
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This isn't about you.



    The "deep down" motivations are supposed to be what (partially) lead to the visible personality. If it had no effect on the visible personality, then it wouldn't be a personality typology.

    I don't think all or even most people are good at identifying their deep down motivations anyway. That's why type profiles include a lot of indicators in the visible personality for identifying them.
    So... your posts talking about me, and your post responding to a post talking about me are just coincidence?

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6781
    Last Post: Today, 05:56 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts